Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
In the alternative universe where the other team advances, who will win the NBA title
This poll is closed.
Nets 10 4.55%
Wizards 64 29.09%
Trailblazers 42 19.09%
Clippers 104 47.27%
Total: 220 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

WEREWAIF posted:

Certainly, one penalty would be the offending coach being tangled in impenetrable vines

If coaches were wizards but owners and GMs weren't I don't think we'd see Deng or James Harden traded. I do think Jerry Sloan likely swapped bodies with Deron Williams. I believe that is a thing we can all agree upon.

edit: This is a good way to start a new page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I watched the early 2000s Pistons so I sort of get liking to watch a really slow and terrible offense, but the Pacers don't even move the ball. It's the worst possible slow terrible offense.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

alansmithee posted:

Detroit's offense was slow, but it wasn't terrible at all. Under Flip Saunders they were actually one of the more efficient offences iirc.

It's true, Chauncey Billups in particular is extremely underrated by a lot of people, but those Pistons team ground out a lot of 78-61 victories and I had to watch a lot of midrange jump shots. Watching Billups crush every PG in the league with post ups was fun though, and every now and again someone woke up Rasheed.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think that thematically, stylistically Kevin Love would feel revitalized by being around Stan Van Gundy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Eltoasto posted:

Maybe the Lakers can sign Bynum again just to trade him for Love. Love's value will only decrease over time and the Wolves will probably hope they catch fire next year and won't trade him. At the end of the day, they will probably get table scraps for a sign and trade.

On a long enough timeline Kevin Love will be dead and forgotten, so ultimately his value is transitory; please accept this draft pick and bench chaff so that you might temporarily enjoy your meaningless life.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shoutout to the dude who told me not to worry about the Pistons loving up their tanking and that 80% was plenty high enough.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

nagel posted:

I totally called Detroit not getting their pick, but I was sure that it would be the one of the Suns/Mavs/Grizz that would jump us. SVG got the best possible start. So, any good prospects for next year?

Do you mean in the draft or as a Pistons fan. The former I don't know, but if you look in your heart you know the answer to the latter.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the_american_dream posted:

and the bigger question. Why in the blue hell would anyone rig anything for Cleveland

Adam Silver has a genuine appreciation for the comic sans font and he's been working to help the Gilberts for years. It's really obvious when you think about it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I love when threads devolve into "Who's more salty?"

I am the most salty I am still quite cranky about the Pistons.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Eltoasto posted:

Yup and Indy media is eating it up, they want Lance to be the fall guy for the 2nd half slide. There is definitely some trust issues on the court between Lance and PG, but it's something that can be worked through. Instead it's going to be all the excuse they need to not pay Lance, bring in an average point guard, and then wonder why this core doesn't win a championship because their #2 guy is a rotating list of players that don't want to shoot.

Lance Stephenson as a fall guy is just dramatic irony at its finest and I don't think Indianapolis is able to escape this literary device.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hitze posted:

Bucks sold for $500 million, the bucks.

I think his argument is that in the last CBA negotiation the league played poor and team value is astronomically higher than they claimed it was, but I could be wrong.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Doltos posted:

What could conceivably make the Pacers fun to watch? Bonus to this question: come up with a solution that doesn't involve subtracting any players on the roster.

The constant threat of attack by a pack of wild dogs.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

MourningView posted:

Defense is boring and dumb and prevents dunks from happening.

Good cool defense leads to the best dunks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHQxAeJeIME

Awful clutching Pat Riley defense leads to organ failure.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

nachos posted:

How are we certain that wasn't just a regular Brandon Jennings shot

The Pistons leader in Kobe Assists was Josh Smith. Jennings got the ball to Drummond on purpose a decent amount, surprisingly. Usually just for the alley oop though.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the_american_dream posted:

Kind of afraid to even ask this since we have a bit of overcorrecting imo on Westbrook, but are we sure this isnt a cause and effect thing like, "gently caress it hes going to do what he wants this possession anyway might as well catch my breath"

Also what if Durant is using telepathy to help Westbrook drive and it takes a lot out of him? A lot of talking points about this subject, for sure.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Who do you guys think will be overpaying for Lance?

......don't tell me it will be the Knicks filling in the void left by Melo with stephenson!? A starting five of Lance/JR/Shumpert/Amare(Bargs)/Chandler, just shoot me right here and now.

I believe he will be the first big splash that GM Otis Smith of the Detroit Pistons will make after giving up Greg Monroe for Glenn Davis.

Henchman of Santa posted:

netw3rk hosed around with the trade machine and a bunch of stupid people don't get why it's hilarious. Like they think a writer other than Simmons would seriously propose Jennings and Josh Smith for Stephen Curry and Andre Iguodala.

Even less people got this Bill Barnwell tweet. Will there ever be a day when the majority of sports fans are not stupid?

Bill Barnwell is a huge cranky baby so him trying to agitate people is dumb.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

WEREWAIF posted:

gently caress Stan van Gundy

We have been betrayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Time posted:

Hmm...I have the choice between a guy who has learned from RC Buford and another guy. Let's take the other guy.

Yeah Spurs magic blah blah but I can't get over Scott Layden's time as the GM of the Knicks. The other alternatives were Stu Jackson and Otis Smith so this is definitely the least awful choice they could have made from that list.

• Locked thread