Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I don't think Broadchurch needed to be remade, but I'll gladly watch David Tennant grump around for another 10 episodes, even if he's doing it in a stupid American accent this time. I do hope there's some twists or changes from the original story though, otherwise it could get pretty tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Mo0 posted:

Broadchurch worked really well as a standalone story, to the point where I wonder how the hell season 2 is going to even work. I'm excited to see if event TV will catch on, since I feel like its a worthy format of shows, and picking a proven story shows Fox is serious about making it work.

Yeah, I loved Broadchurch, and only partly because I find a scruffy, grumpy and very Scottish David Tennant incredibly attractive. Mostly it was because it was an actually emotionally impactful story that explored the effects of shock and grief on previously tight knit community. I'm also worried but at the same time quite interested to see where they go from here in series 2.

And if by event television you mean, self contained stories like American Horror Story or True Detective then I'm all for it too. I think there's definitely a benefit in being able to tell the story you want to tell without having to string it out for season after season if it's successful.

• Locked thread