Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

kazil posted:

Would you accept robotic arms if it meant you could never feel someone else's skin forever? That every time you touched a loved one they would just feel cold metal?

I'm pretty sure the higher-end augs had tactile feedback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ScratchAndSniff posted:

Think of how lovely augs would make sports, though.

Would they allow augs in sports? That would just make them a pay-to-win game where the most well-funded teams have a massive advantage, and the players will start to look more like specialized race cars than people.

Or would they just ban augs from sports? That would make it so any rear end in a top hat with a newish leg model could outrun an olympic gold medalist and outjump an NBA superstar. Sports get a lot less impressive when your next door neighbor is stronger than the players.

It would be really lovely to ban, say, a 16 year old kid from playing on the JV basketball team just because he has a leg aug to cure a birth defect. But you're right, we can't just allow people with any sort of augmentation to play certain sports. There's no challenge to dunking if you just use your rocket-legs to blast off from half court.

I'd say that augmentations would be allowed but their performance capabilities would be very tightly regulated and watched so as to keep them firmly in the bounds of human capability. In fact wouldn't be inconceivable to have a market specifically for sports-grade augmentations. And with physical capabilities locked down then experience, talent, and skill would become more valuable, rather than relying on someone being some sort of generic freak to get your big break into the sports world.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ryoshi posted:

K dude, keep equating an input device to an actual platform and a GUI to a full game if it makes you feel good I guess. The menus absolutely feel like they would be far more manageable with a mouse and I genuinely don't see how you can argue otherwise. There is a reason console games don't generally have cursor-based menus: they suck without a mouse or touch input device.

I've been playing MGS2 more or less completely blind and it seems like there are a lot of "gotcha" deaths that it's almost impossible to anticipate the first time around. For example, I was on one of the bridges connecting the struts in Big Shell where there's a straight path from door 1 to door 2 with a couple of guards on it, then a path below and to the right accessible via staircase. I snuck about a quarter of the way up the bridge, hung over the side to dodge the guards, and started shimmying along. I let my grip meter run out since there was a platform right below me anyway, but when I dropped onto it the loving floor fell out and dumped me unceremoniously into the ocean. How is anyone supposed to see something like that coming?

Dropping floor panels look different than other walkways.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Wait what? Is it only local? That's loving idiotic + a real let-down. Good job Nintendo.

It can play online, it just requires you download a patch.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Len posted:

Yeah. He voices two space marine heroes and the chaos space marine guy.

Which is a drat shame because I believe they even had Eliphas the Inheritor's original VA doing another character. Eliphas was really cool in Dark Crusade, but Blum just couldn't pull it off in Chaos Rising or Retribution.

Is Blum really an in demand voice actor, or does he just work for dirt cheap?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sardonik posted:

His performance was great in Bulletstorm. :colbert:

He was pretty good in Shadows of the Damned too.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So Borderlands: The $60 DLC dropped today. Borderlands 2 wasn't broke, and they didn't try to fix it, which is alright. Borderlands 2 was fun for what it was, and I do like a shooter I can pick up and put down again very easily whenever I want to fling some bullets into some assholes. But the few things that they did add are so far pissing me off. Specifically the new "double-jump" mechanic. I put "double-jump" in quotes because it is not a jump and most certainly doesn't double it. What it does do is give a small uptick in momentum in the direction you're already going. Which can be nice for moving around a little faster, but it makes the platforming that they're trying to put in harder because it's not easy to estimate exactly how your boost is going to affect your jump.

And all of this wouldn't be so bad if the game hadn't become even floatier than before. Borderlands has always had high jumping and low gravity, and now it seems like they've just turned the gravity down in one of the physics files. Possibly in a word document while screwing around, and then they said "yeah, let's make a game out of that" without doing any further testing at all.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Moon Monster posted:

Is the loot and level scaling still terrible?

Yes. If it was broke they also didn't bother fixing it. But they did add a whole new ammo type! :pseudo:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I can't say that it's something everyone will/would experience, but in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, there is a new special currency that replaces Irridium called Moonstones. The good thing is that they are much more common now, and used for a lot more stuff, but a few hours ago, just before I was about to finally return to the hub town my total drops from 67 to 10 for no reason.

I was gonna buy so many backpack and ammo upgrades! But despite all my complaints I just can't put it down. drat you, Gearbox! :argh:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What dragged down AssCreed4 for me was the lack of different weapons useable in combat. You had dual swords, dual Hidden Blades, your fists, and whatever you could disarm from enemies, which was incredibly tedious and Kenway had a tendency to immediately drop stolen weapons as soon as possible. In 2 you had swords, hammers/maces and large weapons all useable as your "primary" weapon, and each with its own set of executions and counters. Plus you had daggers too. Even though 3 dropped the hammers and large weapons, you still got the tomahawk, which was a good weapon and felt nice to switch to every once in awhile. But 4 had none of that, it had the fewest weapons of all of them. As soon as you buy the best pair of swords (or just download an even better pair from a DLC, not that the stats are the least bit meaningful), that's it's, you're done. That's the weapon you're gonna be using from now on. If you want you can also shoot a guy a couple times, but I hope you like reloading them pistols!

They could at least have sold me the swords one at a time rather than in pairs and let me mix and match them to make a pair I thought was visually interesting at the very least. It's not like any of the sword pairs even had different animations, and the longer swords clipped through each other all the DM time anyway.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mokinokaro posted:

There are chests that use moonstone to open and using E on the grinder is for "moonstone" grinding that gives better items. Are you sure you haven't encountered either?

Yeah, I noticed that last night and felt super dumb. Still, they should have either differentiated the moonstone chests some other way than just pallet swapping the chest that gives the best loot and/or put in a confirmation.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

khwarezm posted:

Ha, what Nerds! Unlike me, Consoles 4 lyfe.

So I just finished Batman: Arkham Origins and it was obvious that they didn't have much to add to the formula of the series. Almost all of the new gadgets are pretty crappy, I only really enjoyed the remote claw, which can string people up gargoyles and pull environmental objects or even other enemies towards your foes. On the other hand the concussion grenade is totally useless most of the time, sometimes it can be an outright hindrence, and Shock Gloves basically just let you cheat through the combat, you smack every enemy regardless of weapons or armor and dudes get knocked down by them so all of the nuance and special strategies you have to devise get thrown out the window. The combat's not exactly difficult most of the time so this makes the final stretch of the game pretty dull, which is a shame since I liked some of the new enemy types.

What dragged Arham Origins down for me was when you use the Shock Gloves to restart Alfred's heart. Defibrillators aren't used for that! :argh:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

khwarezm posted:

You see I thought that was hilarious though, and it was intentional, Electrocutioner is pretty clearly the comedy joke boss from the start. Besides you get to fight Deathstroke a moment later.

The Deathstroke fight was really cool right up until two minutes in when you've seen the entirety of his patterns.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LoonShia posted:

I just wanna play a modern day AC game. Give me the climbing and the stabbing and the silly pointy outfit in a modern city already.

Hell, I think it would be pretty cool to have a mission where you tail a car from the rooftops towards it's destination to then either do an Air Assassination or even take him out with a rifle. And then have to escape somewhere into the urban jungle.

It's not necessarily Desmond people hated, it's that he never did anything interesting or memorable.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Alteisen posted:

I can't say I've noticed this problem in pre-sequel, the only time I've taken lots of damage is usually if a bad-rear end spawned and I didn't notice or a boss.

Also use Nisha for fast boss kills. :v:

Except for the boss just outside of the vault pit that is some sort of giant troop carrier/gunship. loving thing hardly ever stops and there are so many scrub brand new quasi-badass enemies on screen constantly hammering on you that you need your Action Skill to kill them, and even that only gives you maybe a 10 second window to take potshots. Assuming that it hasn't flown away outside the arena, mind you. Which it will do. A lot. A majority of the time, even!

Ha ha! Ha! Hahaha! Ha...heh...*sob* :smithicide:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr E posted:

Literally the only reason that I didn't find that boss worse was because I had gotten a legendary drop that homed in on enemies so I could just fire and forget at the ship. Not looking forward to it on any other characters.

I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to beat the game because of this one particular boss. Not even Zarpedon was as big a bastard.

Also, Nisha's final skill in her "Fan the Hammer" skill tree is super weird too. If you're using a pistol you automatically get an exact copy of it in your offhand. But it doesn't fire alternatively like you would assume, that would make too much sense. Instead the game decides randomly which hand fires each click. So you could fire three times with your right, twice with your left, once with your right, and then fire your left until it empties. So there's no way to plan when you reload, which gives Nisha bonuses.

Augh! I actually was starting to like this game and now I've hit a bullshit wall!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Arrath posted:

:wtc: This in a game where the previous installment had a guy built around dual wielding and it put the offhand gun onto the other trigger/mouse button like any sensible setup. Why change poo poo?

Well right-click/trigger still allows you to aim, so it doesn't gimp you if you have a super accurate pistol with a scope. But I rely on high damage/accuracy revolvers so that doesn't affect me anyway.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tiggum posted:

How is "I don't want to miss out on any of the quests" in any way equivalent to "I want everything spoon-fed to me." I like playing the game, that's why I want to do all the quests. I don't like having to talk to every single NPC in case one of them happens to hand out a quest, because listening to incidental dialogue isn't really what I'm here for. It's tedious, time-consuming and just generally time that could be better spent actually playing the game.

Actually, that's a good point though. Why are those quests optional? Who's enjoying the game enough to keep playing it but thinking "Gee, I hope I don't have to play all of this game. I just want to get to the final cutscene as quickly as possible." And if there is some benefit to that, why not make it entirely voluntary? What's the benefit in making it possible to accidentally skip stuff?

All quests are not equal, and not all of them are fun. I do my best to do as many quests as possible but there are usually a few that are simply frustrating and/or tedious. Quests that are simply a long drown out list of busy work such as collecting 20 WaggleBaggle Warts, where the WaggleBaggles are a very rare monster who are unfun to fight and only drops their warts 6% of the time and they are found on the other side of the map then I'm going to skip that quest unless it gives me a reward that's worth the tedium and frustration.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ninjahedgehog posted:

You'll probably like Prototype 2 more. It takes away some of your options (there's no Power Rangers villian-esque armor mode anymore :(), but it streamlines and tightens up the hand-to-hand combat and gives you a hell of a lot more different types of enemies to fight. Plus, the protagonist is hilarious.

What?! How could they take out the Guyver mode?!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Personally I went through my first run of AP with Stealth and Hand to Hand combat. Firearms are for pussies, the only guns I need are my right arm and my left arm. :smug:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cleretic posted:

Like I brought up in the little things thread, I played Mega Man X for the first time. And it's great, so much so that I'm probably going to play X2 soon (and then maybe continue on the series until I reach the one that Inafune wanted to end on; that was 4, right?).

The only thing I can complain about is something that really annoyed me; the boss weaknesses made no sense. This is my first Mega Man game that wasn't a Battle Network, so I have no idea if this is just an accepted conceit, but any attempts at logical deduction of who was weak to what fell apart after 'Chill Penguin's weak to Flame Wave'. Sting Chameleon is weak to Boomer Kuwanger's weapon, and Storm Eagle is weak to Sting Chameleon's, and gently caress if I know why because neither 'boomerang beats camouflage beats bird' nor 'bug beats lizard beats bird' make any sense. Why is an armadillo weak to electricity? Why is a dog that shoots ice weak to it? Why is loving everything weak to Rolling Shield? None of this makes any logical sense, and I have no idea how they decided on weaknesses or how they expected us to figure it out.

Again, maybe this is just a concession of the series, maybe weaknesses never tried to make realistic sense and I'm a fool for trying to apply it. But I was just left a bit lost and confused after every single attempt at logic I used to deduce who might be weak to what failed.

Boss weaknesses have almost never made sense. It is what it is and it's best not to question it too much.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What's dragging Dark Souls 2 down for me is the Twin Dragonriders fight. Fuckers won't die! I've tried poisoning them too but I still bite it before one of them can get drained all the way.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PJOmega posted:

Pet classes in a game that isn't all about pets are a nightmare to balance. If you keep them dead in line with other classes DPS-wise they've got a healthy amount of their DPS tied up in a fraction of their HP. While the Warrior can be at 10% health and function at full capacity a Hunter who has lost their pet (30% of their HP) loses a huge amount of DPS. If you keep their full DPS higher than the line it feels unbalanced unless things specifically make the pet a liability, therefore making their DPS encounter dependent.

It feels like all this could be avoided by making pets invincible or share a pool of health with the player while making sure that they wouldn't take additional damage from AoEs

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jesus Christ, Five Nights at Freddy's 2, could you maybe give me a little bit of time to get acquainted with you before Zerg rushing me with 11 killer robots?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Oxxidation posted:

He also decided to release the game a month early because he didn't like his vendor's demo policies or something.

Works for me. I actually find the game really charming and I enjoy speculating about the story because I am a huge nerd. I avoid the community around the game as much as possible though.

E: FNaF1 came out in July. So a little under four months. And yeah, it's just 90% still images so it's not like he has to program complex animations or anything.

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 19:46 on Nov 13, 2014

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ShootaBoy posted:

So I got BoI: Rebirth thanks to PS+, and jesus gently caress did they just gut the difficulty or something?
I put 18 hours into the original and never beat mom, sat down with Rebirth and got to her on my first go, beat her on my second. Between that, those loving annoying hands that don't do anything more than annoy you by sending you back to the start of a floor, and the fact that the nice drawn art is now generic indie pixel poo poo, I'm not sure if I want to play any more of it.

Isaac controls ten times better now which makes it so much easier to not get hit by enemies. That's probably why it seems easier.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Heavy Lobster posted:

"Were you going to start without me, again?!" He hears as a very feminine chicken comes into the room,

This story is bullshit. Everyone knows the only thing Chica says is "Pizza".

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TOILETLORD posted:

Currently re revelation on ps3, but in general where dodging is separate from normal movement controls, and is timing based. They feel like, push this button at proper time to be invincible fail and take a lot of damage mechanics.

How is that radically different from "hug right wall until X time or take a lot of damage" mechanics old games used to have? At least requiring proper timing takes practice and a tiny modicum of skill to pull of.

TOILETLORD posted:

The Xbox ninja gaiden and devil may cry for ps2 had you dodge without using any special timed inputs for the most part. I don't think any of the metal gears besides revengance (not real metal gear) had any special dodge mechanics.

MGS has the dodge roll (cartwheel for Raiden).

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cleretic posted:

I don't mind OoT's dungeons, but they're definitely very blatantly dungeons. They either didn't know how to make them seem like a viable non-dungeon setting, or just weren't trying to, because you're right that all of them feel like Evil Dungeons With Evil Things In Them, with the setting itself feeling like it doesn't serve any other purpose.

They learned by Wind Waker how to make a dungeon feel like something else, and do fairly well in that, but the N64 Zeldas suffer a bit from it. OoT still has some nice settings in the form of Jabu-Jabu's Belly and the Spirit Temple, and Majora's Mask has some great 'sub-dungeons' like the Skulltula Houses, the Pirate's Fortress and Ikana Castle, but for the most part they're fairly transparently dungeon-y.

In Majora's Mask at least the actual dungeons did have a good in-universe explanation: they were literal dungeons, meant to keep in the beast inside of them.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

poptart_fairy posted:

Haha, oh man, if you want awkward lesbian romances then DA:I has you covered. Why yes lets talk about how I shaved an animal into my pubic hair while you make crude innuendo a six year old would find hilarious. :shepface:

Sera's such a horrible character.

I have never once used Sera and God willing I never will. Me, Varric, Blackwall, and Sten Iron Bull are bros to the end.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What's dragging down Dragon Age Inquisition for me is that when I try to start the game it crashes anywhere from two to ten times before finally launching properly.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Space Marine and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance had what I believe to be a near perfect forms of regenerating health for their respective games.

Space Marine had a regenerating shield and a health bar that needed to be refilled. But instead of health packs you regained health through murdering your foes with badass executions. And this worked great for the early game. Sadly in the latter half the difficulty was artificially inflated by just throwing more enemies with stronger guns at you instead of new enemies that needed to be approached in a unique manner. So it became more about hiding in cover and killing your enemies one by one at range and then executing the last two or three enemies to top off your health.

MGR:R did it similarly by ripping out your enemies' spines and crushing them in order to splatter their delicious repair-nanomachines over yourself. And it continued to be awesome throughout the whole game. Because it's a perfect game and I can't be convinced otherwise. :c00lbert:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

John Murdoch posted:

Space Marine's system would have worked better if there was some way to regain health (or shields) using more than just execution kills and super mode. Like maybe if headshot kills refilled some of your shields, so that to get the most out of the combat system you want to be switching between melee and ranged more. Honestly a huge amount of the trouble would've been fixed really easily if executions made you damage-proof for the duration, but perhaps that would've made the game too easy. Either way it made all of their "SPACE MARINES DON'T USE COVER" marketing look really dumb!

Revengeance also had nanopaste which worked pretty much identically to rations from the other Metal Gear games, which also worked fine. Though spare batteries also used the same equip slot which made them kind of cumbersome to use in turn.

Making Captain Titus damage resistant during executions would have been an acceptable middle ground, I think. And while they did increase your shield capacity with the Iron Halo upgrade, they neglected to do anything similar for health which would have been very helpful to alleviate that problem. Also a few more melee weapons would have been appreciated, even if they were just reskins of the chainsword and power axe. Just call them mastercrafted, as long as they made fighting Nobz and later Chaos Marines less of a chore. Eventually every enemy just got dealt with with a meltagun to the face. Which, while true to fluff for the melta to rape everything, didn't make for an interesting endgame.

Things dragging Space Marine down: the entire second half. :smith: Sega has teased that a sequel isn't impossible, but Sega hasn't had an awesome track record lately.

As for Revengeance, there's a plethora of moves that recharged your batteries so fast, plus taking spines (which you should always do) recharges it to full, that I never even used the batteries. The game has a super steep learning curve though, and unless you've played a lot of Devil May Cry, Bayonetta and the like I can understand needing to use items more often.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I wonder how much of people's criticisms about regenerating health is rooted in the awful design decision to mute all sound and fill the screen with pulsing redness when hurt? Not to say the criticisms aren't otherwise warranted.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Screaming Idiot posted:

I played Bayonetta all the way through after playing MGR:R, and holy crap did Platinum learn a lot of lessons between those two games. Metal Gear Rising has difficulty, but it always felt fair, while Bayonetta had more than its fair share of moments where I felt compelled to cry "Fuckin' really, Platinum? FUCKIN' REALLY?"

Also, Bayonetta makes me cringe so much. I feel like I need to be put on an FBI watch list.

While I did/do like Bayonetta when I first played it I have never beaten it. The core gameplay is really solid but the whole game really does feel skeevy. I suppose there can be merit in a character that not only is a sexual object but acknowledges and owns that fact and uses it to their advantage, but Bayonetta didn't do it right IMO.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Moon Monster posted:

I feel like this is an issue that could have been solved with multiple difficulty levels. Given how much they did copy from the Arkham games, I'm not sure why they didn't copy this. The only times I died were intentional deaths to power up an orc or reset a challenge to get the optional objective. Some of the orcs were tough to kill, or at least took forever since they were immune to everything other than exploding campfires or whatever. The only fight I found challenging was the ghoul matriarch, and that was more because the fight played like nothing else in the game.

I really want to like it, and if they release a patch with "Istari difficulty mode" or whatever I probably would.

That ghoul matriarch was loving horseshit, though. The only reason I cleared it was because I had saved up enough points to buy every life upgrade from the first to the final one at a time to refill my health. I hadn't meant to do that, I just never felt like I needed upgrades, but I'm glad I did.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Screaming Idiot posted:

Considering Platinum made it a running gag that Raiden continually "playfully" harassed a perfectly healthy young woman about her weight over Codec in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and they made every single character flip their poo poo about the oversexualized first boss's enormous breasts, I doubt it.

Platinum, I want so badly to like you, why must you keep alienating me? I want to give you my money for your games! Stop "ironically" treating women like objects!

Aside from one, maybe two, instance the Wonderful 101 avoids most overt sexualization.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain Lavender posted:

Well, yeah, but then she transitions into a boy-crazy, make-up and shopping loving, hot-tempered character who constantly flirts with Vorkken, and who flies into a rage whenever someone insults her looks.

Not that it's not an awesome game, and if I had a WiiU, I'd get it; but come on.

I'll take "vain and boy-crazy" over "rampant slut" any day.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Screaming Idiot posted:

or
OR
OR

Or they could just make an interesting character without dipping into insulting stereotypes! Also, lol at those "rampant sluts" who enjoy sex, right? It's totally cool to shame sexually promiscuous people! All the cool, conservative kids are doing it these days!

Yes, it would be great if they could make an interesting character without dipping into insulting stereotypes! But I'm not sure if you're aware of this but I don't personally make these games. loving shocking, I know! So I can only judge them as they are released and personally I feel less uncomfortable with a woman being interested in men (which is a real thing some women do!) than with a female character made by men dry-humping everything around her for the sole purposes of being masturbation fantasy for other men.

But please, tell me more about how women shouldn't be portrayed as hurtful stereotypes but being a literal sex object with no other defining character traits is just fine. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

...of SCIENCE! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM33Hr94SKw

Best game.

Literally the only thing dragging it down is that you can miss out on the :krad: lyrical version of Sundowner's boss theme if you play it too well. That and the one cutscene where they reintrodued Sunny from MGS4 was a little too long and boring, and even then they had that weird security guard drooling over anime girls in the backgrounds for laughs so it wasn't all bad.

And also the PC version is like 24 gigs and most of those are uncompressed video files, but as far as Japanese PC game ports go it's still one of the better ones :japan:

No joke, I had no idea that you could even destroy Subdowner's shield panels. I hit them once and they exploded at me, so I figured I wasn't supposed to do that and that obviously I'm supposed to hit him from behind. So I did a small hop over his head, activated Ripper Mode and loving obliterated him. I was really disappointed in his boss and had no idea what the correct way was until Chip's LP.

I really really wish there was A) A boss rush mode and B) I could set their health to be quintupled so the fights last longer without also making them kill me in one hit and be hyper-aggressive.