Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Alouicious posted:

You are why video games are poo poo and will stay poo poo forever

Alouicious posted:

I'm sorry you can't grasp a simple cyberpunk story and instead cry when it says "hey maybe this is actually bad"

Alouicious posted:

There's actually no irony here at all and if you understood anything about the genre you'd know that

Did you write the story for this game or something? God drat dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Alouicious posted:

There is a sharp moral difference between playing a common criminal and playing what is essentially the futuristic version of the paramilitary groups paid by Coca Cola to massacre South American workers seeking unionization.

No

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

If you stress out letting someone or a package sit outside your front door for a minute, I'm not sure what to tell you. But I expect to see similar posts in the "post your favorite thing dragging showers down."

sorry I had you standing out in the rain for two minutes I really had to beat the lord of skeletons but bad video game designers wouldn't let me pause the game

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

I didn't know people got mad about those messages but the fact that I can drop a message to piss spergs off in dark souls does improve the game for me

to contribute, solitaire is dragged down by the fact that sometimes you spawn with many aces and sometimes you spawn with few. I have a very ace-dependant strategy and I find different spawns can have devastating effects for my campaign.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Jordbo posted:

I don't get it, don't you feel at least a little uncomfortable with people saying sexual things about fantasy characters..? I'm not pissed off, but I think it's weird :shrug:

Haha do you? There's actual problems in the world greater than some teenager writing "AMAZING CHEST AHEAD" and I don't mean this in the tumblr PEOPLE ARE DYING IN AFRICA way I just mean it's so utterly insignificant on any level whatsoever

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'm an idiot and discovered Ground Zeroes has both of these features when using the bottom-left corner of the TouchPad on the DS4.

gently caress that button

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

I have strong feelings towards the actions of these fictional characters in children's entertainment. Very strong

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

death .cab for qt posted:

The original main antagonist shoots you in the head over a platinum chip that was purposefully sent out for delivery in a confusing way to mask it's location.

If you don't find that to be an engaging starting point for a story, you must really hate stories that don't spoon feed you an antagonist and protagonist like a sub-YA novel. Even YA authors have stepped up to include antiheros, revenge plots, and non-altruistic motives to fuel stories for over a decade

Revenge driven storylines are very mature and will not be found in sub-YA novels, as it takes a mature man to truly understand the intricacies of getting back at someone who hurt you.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

FredMSloniker posted:

You thinking of Illusion of Gaia, where your reward for collecting all of the red jewels (one of which requires you to do something morally reprehensible, and many of which are missable) is to get your rear end kicked by a bonus boss?

nothing is harder than doing morally reprehensible things in video games

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Nerds get worked up when you call Obsidian bad because they think storytelling in videogames is the highest form of art and when you explain to them that videogames are intended for kids it forces them to look inside themselves.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

UltraVariant posted:

I've been playing the poo poo out of Borderlands 2. I love the game dearly, but my only gripe is that there are points in the game where you just get absolutely swarmed with enemies and can't do anything but keep going down and hoping that you can get one kill to get back up. The Leviathan battle and Lynchwood are prime examples. The sand worms/rats just keep coming (and in the case of the sandworms, keep respawning) and they annoy the hell out of me. They would probably be slightly less annoying if I wasn't playing as Zero, but still, Christ, Gearbox, have the sense to tone down the difficulty a bit.

I'm playing with my buddy and unfortunately this just seems to get worse and worse as the game goes on. We're on ultimate vault hunter mode now which just consists of enemies that are bullet sponges unless you slag them while you get instantly downed in 1 shot because enemy damage is so stupidly high. Almost wish the DLC wasn't all included since true vault hunter mode at level 50 was pretty enjoyable.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

Serves you right if you see an option to poo poo on a transgendered person and click it, really.

This is crazy but, videogames are not real life

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

can't you retards just play videogames without being all spergy about it? Video games are fun

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

It looks like a "come play my lord" style facebook ad. You need your eyes checked.

dork

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

DStecks posted:

getting hosed up on a sharp branch while getting dragged down a river

that bit where Lara shoots a dude in the face but it doesn't kill him right away?

I can't empathize like I can with the smaller-scale injury of Tomb Raider.

can you really because that'd be pretty f'd up if you could

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

holy poo poo lol it's just a videogame guys you know they're not real right

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Alouicious posted:

this is the *checks list on crumpled piece of poo poo paper* 7th time you've made this post, 3 more and you get a free Purple-rarity gun

oh hey it's that dude who got really upset over Syndicate and is probably the person who needs that post the most

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

razorrozar posted:

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Deadlift, Deadlift, Deadlift. Jumps around constantly so it's hard to hit him, has attacks that are almost impossible to dodge and murder your lovely low-level shield in one hit, and a ridiculously strong shield of his own. I could only beat him by hiding in the alcove by the entrance and using Nisha's auto-aim skill to unload on him whenever he was close enough.

I'm also hating how long it's taking me to get a third weapons slot.

Why they thought he would be a good early boss fight, or boss fight at all, is beyond me but holy crap what a terrible game I will never beat

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Lots of people bitch about blighttown, but those same people complain about DS2 being bad or too easy :ironicat:
I'm with you though.

I have strong feeling about video games

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

I though the MGSV mission "Lingua Franca" was pretty poorly designed. The premise is that you get hired to extract a prisoner but don't know where they're keeping him so you have to follow an interpreter to find out where he is. On the surface it doesn't sound too bad but in practice it becomes a huge time sink as you just kind of sit around watching the guy through your scope waiting for him to slowly walk somewhere. It's made worse by the fact that he doesn't just go straight from objective to objective and instead will just kind of wander around the mission area.

I put him on a balloon, miller yelled at me, and then I ran around the camp shooting and interrogating people until I managed to find the guy. Sounds like you need a lesson on how to metal gear

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Perestroika posted:

The checkpoint system really is terribly annoying. I managed to sneak all the way into a huge enemy base, picking up a whole bunch of good soldiers along the way and preparing C4 on a number of generators to cover my eventual exit, only to be spotted some 100 meters away from the final objective. I end up reloading the checkpoint, and it puts me back a full kilometer outside the outer limits of base, probably something like 30 minutes of gameplay ago.

I pretty much beat a mission, cleared the base, took all the goodies and poo poo and then BAM fell off of a deceptively high cliff. Half an hour of progress gone because apparently clearing a whole loving base isn't a good enough act to warrant a save

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Half the" bosses" in MGS V are encounters with some group of bullet sponge enemies. Of the remaining bosses, one is a lovely puzzle boss while the other two are actually good but two good bosses in a 50+ hour game is kind of trash.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

MGS V pro: Big Boss is the best metal gear solid character

Con: Turns out Venom Snake isn't Big Boss :(

Somebody has a new favorite as of 17:45 on Sep 20, 2015

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

SpookyLizard posted:

Everytime someone bitches about the skulls being bullet sponges, i can only think of how they are apparently too stupid to use anything but an assault rifle. Seriously, rockets and shotguns. And later, the brennan.

It's a phrase dumbass, rocket sponges just doesn't roll off the tongue

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Nuebot posted:

What kind of poo poo rockets do you use? Even grenades wreck the skulls and they're usually too stupid to even move out of the way.

Have you tried extreme my good man

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Skulls definitely aren't as good as the rest of the series' bosses and are far less interesting/unique characters

heyyyy you figured it out well done!

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Honestly if you babies wanna run me out of the thread then whatever, but I can't decide what is funnier:

1) That people keep engaging me and yet expect me to just bow out

This is the internet you don't have to bow out you just have to walk away from the computer/phone

Lady Naga posted:

2) The idea that decent female representation in videogames is "poo poo no one cares about", or

If female representation in videogames is a problem that registers on your radar then ohhhh boy

Lady Naga posted:

3) Quiet's design being loving stupid isn't something I'm allowed to say is dragging a game down

I like boobies and me and hideo like butts, your prudish attitudes are against his vision

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Hi I'm a single white male and I really hate breasts in videogames, will somebody please sleep with me now that I'm a feminist?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

indie games are dragging games down because they're all pretentious and/or poo poo that is excused for being poo poo because it's an indie game. For example, the september PS+ game grow home looks really really bad and has framerate issues somehow and is really goddamn boring but it's an indie game so these criticisms are not valid

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Krinkle posted:

FFXIV is a huge goddamn chore of a game and I wouldn't recommend it unless you're unemployed and depressed and even then get out when your trial month is up.

uhhh yeah it's an mmo they're all like this

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

itt the mentally ill melt down over being a married character in a videogame

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

2house2fly posted:

You don't just have a set backstory :qq:, you have a personality, a voice, a wife and child and a home in suburbia. :qq: You love your wife, :qq: you know this because the game has the main character say it WITHOUT. YOUR. INPUT. :qq:. Your child is named SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUN. :qq: This is different to "you live in a vault and have been tasked with finding water" in ways that would take a whole nother effortpost to really articulate. :qq:

I improved your post

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Len posted:

I was thinking about goofy poo poo to sarcastically say people should RP during Fallout but then I just made myself sad that there isn't an episodic Quantum Leap game where each episode is a different genre as you try to help Sam leap his way home.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I think you meant to post it here.

Oh, Fallout 4, can I sort my odds and ends by recent activity? It really kills my ability to enjoy the world you've crafted when I get a log by Mark Randomperson#324 and I have to scroll all the way down.

And don't even get me started on any series of numbered audio tapes that I have no clue which I've listened to.

I think you meant to post it here.

Can anyone help me with my car? It's making a horrible screaming noise any time I brake.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Ryoshi posted:

Hi, welcome to the thread, might I suggest putting ArtIsResistance on ignore?

at the end of fallout 4 you find out that videogames are for children

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Why were there even four factions you could play in Gwent, Northern Realms was so good while the elves had a perk that was detrimental towards your success

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

kazil posted:

Gwent gets a lot more complicated once you move on from backwoods poo poo farmers with their level 1 cards.

I liked Gwent and it really doesn't. The winning strategy is just to get as many cards as possible and overpower your opponent with your wall of cards. This involves playing as many spies as possible and decoying the spies and playing them again and then medicing the spies if you can and playing them again. Past a certain point it becomes impossible to lose

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

HMS Boromir posted:

I haven't played Witcher 3 or Dragon's Dogma, but I think in the latter you can hire other players' characters as party members and they'll tell you that wolves hunt in packs!!!

:v:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

whoooooooosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Some goons have a really weird hate boner for Borderlands 2 and my favourite posts are the ones that include the words Borderlands and reddit