Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Byzantine posted:

Arkham Origins has Gordon call Batman out repeatedly on that.

I was 98% done with collecting everything due to OCD and boredom and the loving game locked up during a load. I had to reboot my 360. Yay, my save file is corrupted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

I've apparently had Deus Ex:HR for a long time from some Steam sale, but never played it. Started it this weekend and decided to be Mr. Ghost; stealthy and non-lethal. Oh, there are boss fights that require you to be a well-armed killing machine...

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

Just get the typhoon ability maxed. It will deal with most of the bosses easily.

They fixed this somewhat in the directors cut by having stuff you can hack into in the boss areas but it's still not perfect.

Without restarting or replaying huge portions of the game, I can't do this as all my Praxis points are used up.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Walton Simons posted:

Yeah, they suck, but they are very cheesable.

2) Have EMP protection and stungun her to death, I absolutely took the piss with this

I beat 1 with few problems but am stuck on her. She 1-hits me with her Typhoon? blasts and I have no EMP protection available because I've been stealthing the entire game and haven't upgraded protection at all. Oh well, whatever - I'll keep hammering away.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Lotish posted:

Though the drop offs hidden in the deep water did make me super anxious. And there's a piece of loot off to one side of the map that I never found a way to reach, which continues to haunt me.

Carry a torch.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Captain Lavender posted:

(Re: SoM)
It's wrong. The combat is a carbon-copy of the Arkham games. Just easier. The only thing woefully missing is the grappling hook.

Who needs a grappling hook when you can Shadow Strike your way across the entire map?

The game is tons of fun. You feel like a loving god of combat.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

There's a filter option. Also, you BOI purists are nuts. I could never go back to that flash abomination.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Elfface posted:

Not always! What about the one that's three regular enemies?

Excuse you. Three regular enemies with different colored shields.

e: Unless you're on the bone. :smugdog:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Nier owned. It really wasn't that hard to find the fishing spot. Jesus.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

I don't think I did any side quests pass the opening area ones in Xenoblade Chronicles. I absolutely no idea what appeal people find in doing that tedious poo poo.

I did a fuckload of them from the start up to the the area after you fight metal-face in the cave (don't recall the area name - some jungle-ish location). At that point I had completely burned myself out and haven't touched it since. I thought I'd have to grind them to keep my level up to snuff. Turns out you don't!

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

The narrator in Transistor annoys the poo poo out of me. Actually, just about everything in that game annoys me. I really don't like Transistor.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

BBJoey posted:

have you considered committing suicide

Yes, this is an appropriate response for a differing opinion over a lovely video game.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

KingSlime posted:

I was gonna say, there are definitely bosses without a run.

Plus souls borne aren't the only games with pattern based bosses that require practice and learning their tells, and plenty of them include a checkpoint right before the boss.

So yeah we definitely have an idea of what that's like.

I like the slog. It adds to the sense of oppression, a key theme in these games.

That said, there are some lovely instances and it's not surprising that most of them revolve around chalice dungeons, the one feature of the game that sort of shits on the design philisophy of the rest of the games. I still enjoyed them but it took some time for me to warm up to the idea, and I never did finish them.

They're just not that fun.

I'm the idiot who platted BB and I will never do a chalice dungeon again in my life so help me god.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Digirat posted:

Nioh stuff

My problem with it is the extreme lack of enemy variety. I'm about halfway done and have to put it down because it's just so repetitive and boring at this point.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Nier: Automata really loving upped the anime. Holy poo poo, it's a terrible amount of anime compared to og Nier. Also the loving "We are gods" robot section has the most annoying music in almost any game I've ever played. Also the stupid robot tremolo voice effect is loving irritating as hell.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

You basically buy platinum games for being anime as gently caress.

Nier wasn't that bad. It's the only other game I'd ever played by them so...my bad.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Nier wasn't by Platinum

Well that explains that then.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Somfin posted:

Nier: Automata has no autosaving.

On PC, crashes and softlocks are a problem.

PS4 has the same lockup problems. There's also a weird bug where during boss fights your health bar will suddenly go across the top of the entire screen.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Nier: Automata pet peeve given to any new players as advice:

Don't ever do a main quest until you have finished ALL the sidequests you can first. You will get locked out of doing them as far as I can tell.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Do you want to know the incredibly innovate and groundbreaking system they have in place?

Dark Souls bonfires

It was never touted as innovative or groundbreaking was it? Also, save points were around a long time before DS. Unless you mean the teleportation between them (does this really need to be a spoiler?).

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Currently lmao at Nier:A giving you a store to buy achievements.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I really want to play Nier: Automata, but the PS4 in my house is in a communal room and I'd be too embarrassed to be seen enjoying a game full of dorky anime waifus. :(

It's not that bad. I guess..

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

marshmallow creep posted:

Is there a way to turn off those pop-ups? They are obnoxious. I don't need to know that because I do not and cannot care.

loving reddit, sorry! posted:

Hit the share button and go into share settings, then video clip settings, uncheck "Indicate Blocked Scenes for Video Recording".

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

Keep in mind this won't get rid of the "No Screenshots Allowed" popups every time you get a trophy.

e. nevermind that's not it at all

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

More PS4 console design hate - whoever decided the back of the console needs to slant at an angle and have it overhang where the HDMI and network connectors are should be shot. No, I don't need to change cords that often, but when I do I can't just reach over like I can for every other TV-connected device ever, I have to turn the loving thing around and do it that way.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Horizon: Zero Dawn - NPCs have this annoying tendency to attack machines that have been tied down with the ropecaster, knocking the ropes off. Hey rear end in a top hat, I want that Corruptor to sit in time-out for a while, OK?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Bloodborne's DLC is too loving hard.

I platted vanilla, have beaten the game multiple times, etc., but the DLC is just too goddamned hard to be enjoyable. Yes, yes, git gud blah blah. Whatever. It's unfun and drags down one of the best games of all time.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

I feel like it might have benefited by cutting all the numbers by 1/3. that said it is super satisfying once you finally take out the orphan.

See, I don't even know what that is. I'm currently stuck trying to get past the two giant purple face dudes in the giant blood pool right after opening the shortcut door to the first lantern.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Hail Satan.

Finished the Bloodborne DLC. Still think it's way too difficult, but all hail the pizza cutter.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Len posted:

Did I play the same Diablo 2 as you guys? It's literally just killing the same poo poo over and over until you get an extra 1% dps so you can repeat the process

That's literally all (A)RPGs.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

That owned though.

:agreed:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

So I bought Grim Dawn because of this thread. It better not suck.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

So does Grim Dawn pick up after the first section? Slogging through very samey :spooky: swamps for hours isn't really that fun.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Grim Dawn again. Some of the DOT effects are just too loving strong. I've been killed after 1 tick several times.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

It's a shame I'll never get to play it because the creator refuses to put it on sale out of principle so I refuse to buy it on principle.

Entitled idiot.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

OK!

Age of Conan is poo poo :argh:

:trump-wrong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

DO4M is pretty fun. It sucks that some levels get arbitrarily locked off from backtracking meaning that you have to re-do the level from the start if you miss a secret sometimes. Yes I know you can just play up to the secret and then stop, but it's still a stupid design decision.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

This is something that mildly dragged down that old game Freelancer. So many zones had admittedly-pretty nebulae as backgrounds that the few zones that were actually black with star dots were remarkable.

What's dragging this game down is that it isn't on Steam or GOG.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Bloodborne is the best of the series. My opinion is obviously colored because I like Lovecraft poo poo and BB does Lovecraft better than Lovecraft. The world building is just perfect for my tastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

I enjoyed DS3 when I played it but never have the desire to play through it again.

I've played through BB, like, 15 times or something.

e: Not that 15 times is a lot, seeing as there are people on NG+40 or some poo poo, but that's a lot for me who rarely plays a game twice.