Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Ignore the toes! Just take the massive air spout in the centre of the stage, and dive-bomb directly onto his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Screaming Idiot posted:

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a game where the tutorial level has you get into a sword-fight with a giant aquatic monster-tank and ends with a fight with the manliest politician to ever grace Washington on top of the ruins of a giant spider tank you also had to sword-fight.

BUY THE GAME.

Also, who can forget:

AH'M FUKKIN' INVINCIBLE!

Does Revengeance have a "whiny baby" difficulty? The game looks awesome as all heck, but I understand it's by Platinum and I am laughably terrible at action games, or any games requiring reflexes. Or really most games.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay, the thing that's dragging down Revengeance right now is that it's 23 goddamn gigabytes, my fragile Canadian ISP can't deal with it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Pidmon posted:

money, unlocking the extra save slots (loving lol), go up a level (apparently good at higher levels), unlock one of 3 wish-only characters, unlock wish-only clothes, reassign attribute points, redo character creation (you have to stay the same species and gender, might do this because majiin female voice 3 is way too sexual and gross when doing a throw)

You don't get save slots from the dragon balls, you unlock them all at once from beating the main plot. Your equipment, money, skills and whatnot are shared character-wide, and levelling is incredibly fast once you have the right quests unlocked. If you're that unhappy with your character, it might be better to make a new one and powerlevel to where you were before, rather than use a wish or two on respec+appearance.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Every time I beat Chrono Trigger DS, the credits for the original game are then followed by a second set of credits for making the port. Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D do it too, but Chrono Trigger is a lot more annoying because it has twelve or so endings. Also the Lost Sanctum is a tedious worthless bonus dungeon. Everything else is great. Chrono Trigger is great.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
With the way the Sphere Grid works, but halfway through the game it's pretty easy to give Yuna some of Lulu's spells, and between Yuna's superior magic stat and agility, Lulu immediately shrivels into uselessness.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

PubicMice posted:

Ugh, that guy. Is there even a way to beat him legitimately, without a camera? Or do they really just expect you to be some kind of Simon Says grandmaster?

I traced the path on the TV screen with a (washable) marker. That was a CRT though, I don't know what a marker would do to a modern screen.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Or at least do something like The World Ends With You so you can drop your level and/or chain fights to mess with the drop rate.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's well known that if someone falls off a cliff and you don't see the body, there's a 50/50 chance they're fine. By falling down beside him and thus witnessing it, you collapse the wave function and he dies.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think the other way to track down Ba'als is to do a New Game + because there's that one chapter where all the random encounters are replaced with Ba'als.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
This isn't directed at any game in specific, but the Xbox, PS and Nintendo controllers all put the X button on different sides if the four buttons layout and it drives me bonkers.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Joshua Graham is the coolest dude with the coolest voice and the coolest gun.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Casey Finnigan posted:

Did they ever actually say the games are in "California" in the English version of Phoenix Wright? I don't specifically remember that, I thought the games took place in some unspecified city that's just really close to a rustic Japanese-styled village of mystics and spirit mediums.

Spirit of Justice explicitly sets the games in Los Angeles. Also I dug up an old-rear end interview where the Capcom localizer adds her two cents

Janet Hsu posted:

while “Gyakuten Saiban” takes place in Japan, the Los Angeles that “Ace Attorney” takes place in is an alternate universe where anti-Japanese sentiments and anti-immigrant laws were not enacted, and Japanese culture was allowed to flourish and blend into the local culture in the same manner as other immigrant cultures.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

bewilderment posted:

People say to equip the Hiveblood charm but waiting for that regen is horrifyingly slow compared to just equipping Grubsong and Deep Focus. It's the tiniest bit of risk if you somehow gently caress up like 100 times in a row without anything to refresh your soul to full on, but much quicker.

Throw in Grubberfly's Elegy and you end up with a net gain on Soul and can literally go forever.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I adore Astral Chain but the platforming is Real Bad.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I never finished the Talos Principle, (I think the recorder puzzles wore me down, but it's been a few years so I'm iffy on some of the details) but I really liked talking to Milton. It may well have changed later in the game, but I think we were starting to understand one another?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Consider various ways to warm up. Maybe talk to the old man, or see what the environment has to offer you.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The tram is okay for the delicate flower, none of the other fast travel methods work.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I hate the 'click the crosswalk' captchas so much. Whatever happened to the wiggly letters? I miss the wiggly letters.

And you know what, if a robot wants to play GTA so badly, maybe we should let them.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's all these Square-Enix mobile ports and none of the loving things have controller support! I'm not playing Dragon Quest or FFIV with ~virtual buttons~ :argh:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The last time I played a farm Sim (rune factory 4) I started cancelling all the in-game holidays and festivals because they were cutting into my precious farming time

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
For crystalline charges: There's a construct who will convert them for you in a cave in the Great Sky Island, and also one in the depths directly under every major settlement, barring Lookout Landing

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
current thing dragging things down: video games need to make their food less tasty looking, because they make me hungry for fancy foods I can't get my hands on. The World Ends With You's chapter about a ramen restaurant is a perpetual offender. NEO's beef bowls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
they should have gone the Dragon Quest Builders route where "basic creativity" and "the ability to combine two objects" are treated like bizarre superpowers. No NPC can cook a food unless they watch you cook it first. They've never heard of a "blueprint".