Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Been playing Vampyr and ending up enjoying it but you never get the ability to fast travel between these hideouts you have all over London. Most quests have you going across the city so it really stands out when you unlock the whole map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Once I accepted TLoU2 wanted me to feel guilty about killing dogs, Elle became Pet Assassin

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Dynasty Warriors 9 (ps4) uses the same button for attack for closing tutorial messages as well, which means alot of skipped info. Yeah, I know it's a D.W. game, not the most complex game but I've never played one and this game has fishing, capturing animals with box traps, weird poo poo like that.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Clean your ps4 air vent holes

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I'd imagine the programmers never rode horses in real life and assume they're just 4 legged cars that handle like poo poo

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
In Greedfall you can have 2 companions in your party. It seems to be a decent sized game, I'm going on 45 hours so far. Lots of combat and it seems each npc has maybe 3 battle phrases. In a bossfight, you'll hear the same line repeated like 10 times in 3 minutes. It's driving me crazy.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Pulsarcat posted:

A bit of poison on my blade and let's go!

Stand back, things are about to get dicey!

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Somewhat related, in Greedfall whenever I get to a new area I just explore as much as I can cause I enjoy that. So I'd find this cavern, work my way thru a bunch of caves and find...an empty altar. Or some other obvious quest destination that's not active cause I haven't progressed far enough. If there was lootable chests or collectables to make the trip worthwhile I wouldn't mind as much but usually theres nada. Just lock the door or something if I'm not supposed to go in there yet

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

The Moon Monster posted:

The only dad games I want are ones where the dad kills his whole family in a cutscene at the beginning. Actually not even those, tia.

You'd like Visage

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Leal posted:

Look, if every container has a few gold coins and you open hundreds of them, thats a few hundred gold coins you make!

I find it funny in games where the area you're in is some forgotten slum where everyone is dirt poor and you search a trash can and find money inside.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
The PlayStation app just got and update and isn't compatible with my 5 year old Android anymore :( There goes my easy browsing.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Hell, downloading games on the ps4 console from it's library menu still brings up wrong dlc from the same publisher. Reinstalling Skyrim asks if I want to download Fallout 4 stuff. Been like this for a few years now.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Morpheus posted:

I've complained about it before and I'll complain about it again since Forbidden West has this issue: it sucks when you reach max level in a game that is easy to reach max level in, and suddenly XP becomes literally worthless. I am level 50 and still have a good ten quests or so to finish, including the end of the game quests, as well as a bunch of collectables, but will earn no XP from them, which sucks.

Spider-man had a system in place where every level after max gave you +1% attack power and +1 health. AC Odyssey gave you a single skill point for each level after max that you could repeatedly put into skills that raised damage for different damage types by a small amount. Even these miniscule increases of power had me hunting down bad guys and quests because gently caress it, just getting a little stronger, why not?

Forbidden West could absolutely do something similar to either of these (especially since immgetting more skill points from quests and the only thing to spend them on at this point is more valor abilities that I will never use). If you're going to have rpg elements in the game, don't have them become obsolete three quarters.of the way through the game.

Kingdoms of Amalur, the original game, had the same problem. About 3/4s thru the story I had hit the level cap because I did side quests. It really made that last 1/4th pretty dull.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

From the outside, folks defending lack of pause in a game with an offline mode just feels like the weirdest Stockholm syndrome.

But from the inside, it's actually not a big problem and people will bitch about Souls games no matter what From does.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Tutorials, autosaves, pausing...no wonder gamers are so soft nowadays, smh

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
There's no better feeling than barging in some NPC's house, running upstairs and rummaging thru their personal effects without ever speaking to them. Never change this.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I can't believe they brought back "chasing a piece of paper" in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Who the gently caress asked for that to return?

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Opopanax posted:

I replay Bioshock every once in a while and it's still jarring how they devoted so much to their Pipe Dream clone and shoved it in for all the hacking

That hacking game was one of the best parts of Bioshock 1

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
One of the recent rear end Creeds had photo mode when you clicked both thumbsticks. Apparently I click both quite often.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I remember playing Fear 2 when it was new, so I was unspoiled on the ending. Thinking "naw, this can't be what I think is happening". Stunned finding out it really was.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Meow.
I wish game devs would realize that most pets (ok maybe not birds and barky dogs) don't make sounds almost nonstop. I have 2 cats in my Wasteland 3 party so I hear like a meow a minute. Doesn't sound too bad on paper but when you're going thru inventory sorting stuff and comparing armors, it gets tiresome.
The cat non combat pet in Elder Scrolls Online is the same way.
Meow.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Only way I could beat Margit was with the sorcerer npc and my jellyfish friend. Without those distractions I was dead meat.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Last time I tried exploring in Elden Ring, I opened a chest and took a free trip someplace awful.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Deacon sure does talk to himself a lot, but I did appreciate his "ain't got time for this poo poo" when I'd cut off the militia guy on the radio.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
And the gas management is never really a problem, there always seemed to be a wrecked car or something along the roads that had gas. I thought it was gonna be a huge issue and a pain in the rear end but it really wasn't. Driving smart also helps, coasting downhill will save you some fuel, stuff like that.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Mierenneuker posted:

I think that and the spike armor are the two things that gate progress in Bloodstained that most people complain about most.

Don't forget the chemicals needed for the photograph whose chest sometimes didn't spawn when it first released. And was 50/50 if your old save would get fixed with the patch. Mine sure didn't.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Only thing I took away from TLoU2 was when Elle's Killing Korner is open, business is good. Some idiot coming to look at the latest dead body just joined the pile and we repeat. :ese:

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
During yesterday's showcase, they mentioned the inventory was staying the same thankfully, the pre-order bonuses include a gold briefcase lol

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
There were a few times where I was looking in the wrong direction and suddenly scary music plays and I had no idea what the ghost did.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

AcidCat posted:

Have to bring up Like a Dragon again, these long "dungeon" sections where you cannot save are kinda bullshit. So I climbed up the tower to face Tendo, it's a long slog against this boss but I I'm doing fine, he's at like 20% health and just instakills full-health Ichiban out of nowhere. I immediately uninstalled the game. The prospect of having to run through all those trash fights again to get back there, no thanks, I was just kind of worn out by that point anyway, I felt like I'd been playing forever. Though I overall enjoyed my time with the game, it definitely has some frustrating design elements.

Yeah, that's how my first fight with Tendo went. Only beat him the second time cause he targeted someone else instead of Ichiban.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
These boss fights in FF7R. I just dunno man. I play by the game's rules, engaging with its mechanics and the fights just drag on and on. Just finished the Chapter 9 tournament and that last fight had to take at least 10 minutes.
Another thing that keeps happening is when I do stagger a boss, the next bit of damage pushes it into a cutscene and phase change, canceling out the stagger. I'm going into these fights what I assume the level I'm supposed to be, not doing any grinding so it's not like my stats are too high or anything.
After every boss I'm wondering "Am I having fun?"

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I never really felt rushed in Skyrim as I always stopped the main quest at going to the watchtower so I could sidequest and explore dragon free. Now Fallout 4, that always felt like a settlement was going to be destroyed to the point where I just shrugged it off

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I really don't like when a game let's you have multiple saves but doesn't move the newest one to the top of the list.
Yakuza 0 is doing this.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Mass Effect Legendary edition doesn't let you install just one of the games, it's all or nothing. The ps4 version is 88 gigs.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I see what you did there but my complaint was its 3 xbox360 games, why is it so big and not separate downloads like the Bioshock remasters. These textures better be mega

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Yeah, on psn I just have the one option to download it as a whole. Maybe it'll let me delete the other 2 from the launcher, I'll check it out when it's finished.

Just checked and no option to delete the individual games.

Hector Delgado has a new favorite as of 23:56 on Dec 8, 2022

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I'm at the 3rd realm now and it seems fine? My only complaint is when it dumps 3 skits in a row on you but other than that, I've been enjoying it.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Sounds like a survival horror game. I'm for it.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
"Weapon durability is fun if you embrace it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Necrothatcher posted:

Yeah, the sliding puzzle is the in universe lock of the chest.

Lmao that game is gonna bomb so hard