Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

LoonShia posted:

So, eventually all gangbangers will be undercover cops. Fair enough.

This is essentially the plot to G. K. Chesterton's novel The Man Who Was Thursday that shows up in several places in the first Deus Ex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

SiKboy posted:

b) Good luck tracking down where exactly your carry weight is being used.

It's actually incredibly easy because you can sort your inventory by weight.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

in fairness to Watch Dogs guy I still mutter "Aiden Pierce's Iconic Hat" to myself prodromally at random intervals whereas I cannot remember a single memorable thing about new Lara

:same:

It turned out to be very iconic, but not at all in a good way

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Riatsala posted:

It feels like the adventures of 4 jaded 30 somethings and the two rascals they babysit.

FF12 suffers from a bad case of anime age and Ashe is closest in age to Vaan (19 and 17). Balthier is 22 which makes probably the least sense here, Basch is 36

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Jesus, of all the games to make grindier.

It's real bad in a multitude of ways

FFIIIDS was directed by the director of FFXI and FFXIV 1.0, Hiromichi Tanaka. Dude's whole thing was being stuck in the past and not seeing that video games and their audiences have changed over time (he joined Square in 1983 and worked on the first three FF games as a designer). Like XIV (2010) was explicitly made as a sequel to XI (2002), completely ignoring a little game called World of Warcraft (2004) that revolutionized what MMOs were and what people expected from them

Veib has a new favorite as of 10:22 on Jan 13, 2021

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Is it still on the gamepass thing?

Yes. Microsoft owns Obsidian so The Outer Worlds will stay on Gamepass permanently, afaik

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

It's almost like ME2 was an incredibly awkward attempt at making an action game by a company that had never made an action game before. :)

The first game Bioware ever made was an action game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Being able to buy every trophy in Automata was pretty glorious trolling.

The best part is that the trophy for having 100,000 G costs... 100,000 G