Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Norman's Reedu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
The little thing dragging Horizon: Zero Dawn is that its name is backwards. I always have to stop myself from calling it Zero Dawn: Horizon

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

moosecow333 posted:

And why are flames so effective against necrons? They are literally machines, the T-1000 wouldn’t care about being set on fire.

I don't know warhammer stuff but if they've got computer brains those usually don't fair well with the heat.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Manager Hoyden posted:

Why do middle-aged and older people use ellipses all the time ... and also improperly ....

What are they trying to convey? That they are trailing off? Or maybe that their message is ominous .....

This isn't a gripe, I genuinely want to know the motivation behind it.

This is how it was explained to me:

For those who didn't grow up with the internet, typed correspondence has an aire of seriousness. If you recieved a note or letter that wasn't handwritten, it was probably something professional or official in some way. Now that typing is a part of everyday communication, they're perceiving a normal sentence as too firm and unfriendly for person-to-person conversation and trying to soften their tone with ellipses. What they don't realize is that for someone younger, an ellipse means awkwardness or reluctance to speak, not easy-going levity.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

credburn posted:

Hey can I ask a dumb question?

Zelda is the titular Twilight Princess, right? It doesn't turn out to be Link or that thing following him around, right?

e: folllowup question, is she also the titular Skyward Sword?

It's been a while but I think the Twilight Princess is meant to be Midna, who has been turned into an imp and follows you around the whole game. The Skyward Sword is the master sword, the magic weapon that Link obtains in most of the games.