Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Inco posted:

Fallout doesn't end if you don't get the water chip back to Vault 13 in time.
Dead Rising kind of expects you to fail a couple of times because the storyline doesn't take especially long to do and it saves your XP between playthroughs.

Yeah I felt Dead Rising was pretty stressful at first with the restrictive save system, perma-dead NPCs and time limit. Then I got a handle on the whole you keep your xp thing and I could relax and enjoy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah the no-kill options in Dishonoured are pretty hosed up and mostly poorly done. In fairness to the devs though they all got added in fairly late in development because of nerds on the internet insisting that having the option for a no kill run was a super important feature for a game about a magical assassin.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Arrath posted:

I'm gonna have to go with a general complaint: The death of splitscreen.

For the next few months I'm living out of a hotel room with a friend of mine while we work on a construction project. I have my xbone and two controllers, but there just aren't that many games we can play together on the same console anymore. Racing and sports games are just about the only ones these days, along with the Halo collection.

Yeah that's one of the main reasons I bought a WiiU. It continues Nintendo's tradition of being a generation behind in terms of online but they are pretty drat committed to local multiplayer.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

There's a really stupid thing where they were misleading/unclear about how dangerous sending Normandy survivors back to the ship is and instead of sending someone strong back you need to basically send Mordin because otherwise he will die. Even though you do everything right and even though you have everyone's loyalty. The stupidest part is he doesn't even get a death scene, he just dies off screen and everyone goes "yup, he's dead."

Yeah my first play through I thought everyone made it out okay until suddenly there was a random coffin in a cutscene at a RIP Mordin message in the credits just because I took Grunt with me to fight the boss and it hosed up the numbers.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah if you save the young dude instead that's pretty much what he says to you in his version of the "why did you pick me? I feel so guilty scene!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

The best outcome for Tenpenny Tower is actually to not do it at all, which doesn't really seem like a win design-wise.

I dunno sometimes both side of a conflict are just assholes. If it was the main storyline pulling that poo poo I'd agree with you, but as an optional sidequest I found it to be a refreshing change of pace. I also totally sided with the ghouls to get the mask I needed for my sweet Freddy Krugar costume.