Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oliver Madly
Aug 17, 2008
Has anyone ever liked mining in Harvest Moon games? It's always the same repetitive, time consuming bullshit over and over again. It's even worse in Sunshine Islands because there aren't better items that negate stamina usage, just the Wonderful Stone system that's impossible to predict unless you reload your save dozens of time. Also 255 floors? Are you loving kidding me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oliver Madly
Aug 17, 2008

Roro posted:

Pfft, 255 floors is nothing compared to the torments that were the third and fourth mines of Harvest Moon: DS.
999 and 65,535 respectively, and the only way to complete both the item list and the enemy list in the fourth mine was to go down until you managed to encounter the Evil MC, who was only on floors that ended with 000. Plus, there was a chance you'd have to reset to get the Wonderful Stones, which were only on set floors, with only one stone per floor and with no guarantee you'd even get one.
Plus they were useless until you gathered every single one at which point you got a lousy wish from the Goddess. But if you wanted to marry her, this was a loving requirement.

At least the cursed tools and accessories were slightly less of a chore, but if you equipped them they became stuck in the slot and had to be blessed to be removed.

That sounds horrific. I thought about picking up a used copy after I "finished" SI but never mind.