Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

I feel like Sleeping Dogs is like Saints Row/Just Cause/GTA/ect and you really REALLY should be using a 360 controller or it plays like total rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

You'll find that 7000 is nothing. My buddy was once carrying several million souls and 50+ humanity on Dark Souls and lost it all. Didn't even care since he was done leveling up.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

The issue with demoknight was that demoman was the easiest hard counter for sentries. After the update you could pretty much guarantee all 4 demomen on the team were waving a sword around instead of doing their job, you know, demolitions .

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Too bad every game you join will be 4 snipers, 3 spies, 2 engineers minimum.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

NonzeroCircle posted:

The thing dragging the MGS HD collection down for me it's its not available on Steam: Hopefully TPP will sell gangbusters and they'll put it out, surely its not that tricky to port the 360 version over?

I'm emulating mgs1 and gently caress the controls. Just gonna watch metal gear Scanlon until I get to 3. Then emulate poo poo. Don't know how I'm gonna play mgs4

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

So I'm playing all the metal gears for the first time. Currently on 3, it's been great so far. Except shooting any big gun like the ak47 seems impossible. I have no idea how the aiming works with the 360 controller. I've been using pistols for the most part because I can actually aim and shoot with them. Google seems to show that I have to lightly press the attack button but I'm 99% sure that feature is gone with a 360 controller. When out of ammo for pistols I have to use thermal goggles to aim with rifles since the goggles give you a handy crosshair.

Anybody know wtf I'm doing wrong? I had the same issue in 2 but I never actually needed to use the rifles in that one.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What are the worst missables in games?

In Metal Gear Solid 3, towards the end you have to reinfiltrate the final base. Right before this you can easily find a cardboard box that let's you get delivered right to the hangar you need to go to by climbing into a relatively easy to access truck.

However if you go all the way to the other side of the base where you sneaked in the first time, and open the same locker you stashed Raiden's Russian doppelganger the first time around, you can find a sneaking suit that straight up cuts all damage in half. It would have been nice to have that since the end of the game is like 3 long boss fights almost back to back.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

I played blind. I thought I was being really clever reading the description of that box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

This is such a petty complaint but I've been playing all the MGS games for the first time and just got to Peace Walker. It's a real shame it's originally a PSP game. It sucks having each game get prettier with better controls and then just take a massive step backwards due to poo poo hardware.