Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
In regards to FTL, if you liked it at all, you should check out Space Rogue. It's basically FTL but with slightly better graphics, more weapon/event variety, and highly tuneable difficulty so it's easy to find a fun sweet spot for your skill level/BS tolerance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I hate how in Overwatch, when you get a party invite, Accept (Yes) is the N key, and Decline (No) is the Y key.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

SinineSiil posted:

Why would they choose do do it backwards like that?

Your guess is as good as mine; I guess they want you to just click it, but I like hotkeys.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Slime posted:

They...don't? I've gotten a party invite and to accept I hit Y.

They must have fixed it pretty quickly since I was getting the standard Y for yes/N for no prompts last night. Checked with a coworker of mine who confirmed he was also getting the backwards prompts on launch night, so I'm not entirely crazy.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

frodnonnag posted:

My worst fight was a yumcax right after being implemented. Took a little over 72 hours.

Jesus; was your group raiding in shifts or something, or posted up for 72 hours straight for the most part?

My longest raid had to be 12ish hours on the Shadow Shard task forces on City of Heroes, but at least on those they were broken down into missions so you could take lengthy breaks in between.

Wintermutant has a new favorite as of 17:30 on Jun 13, 2016

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Triarii posted:

What I don't get is why survival games can't have it just eat food automatically when my guy is hungry, and then tell me when I'm getting low on food. Do they think that requiring me to open my inventory and drag a meat icon onto my character portrait every three minutes adds to the immersion? You could put a readout on the UI that says how many days of food I have in my pack, ie an actually useful measurement, instead of a bar representing how much food is in my stomach which I have to babysit constantly.

I've been enjoying No Man's Sky for the most part, but the amount of "eating" you have to do in that game is definitely dragging it down for me. Every few minutes I have to refuel my life support, refuel my mining laser, refuel my weapon batteries and refuel my launch jets. The material used for fuel has been extremely common so far so it's not even a matter of scrabbling for survival, just babysitting a bunch of bars.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

RyokoTK posted:

Those aren't really microtransactions, that's DLC, and you have to leave the game and go to the e-shop to buy them. I think he's talking more about mobile game "you're out of plays for today, unless you want to spend $1 for more!" kind of crap.

Pokemon Shuffle has those on the 3DS; not sure if they ever ported it to WiiU though.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Judge Tesla posted:

He's not wrong, not being able to skip tutorials in Pokemon in 2016 is a cardinal sin.

Yeah, I watched an entire movie while starting Moon, and I don't think I'm out of the intro phase yet.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Action Tortoise posted:

I just beat Oneshot and I underestimated its complexity when I said in the other thread that it didn't lean into Adventure Game Logic; it doesn't do it conventionally. It's pretty clever but the way I install games to another drive kinda broke a bit of the puzzle solving.

It's still a fantastic puzzle game and I'm impressed with its writing.

I've been on the fence about this one, so good to hear it's enjoyable. Without giving spoilers though, when you talk about installing to another drive, would I want to install it on C then?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Action Tortoise posted:

the controls date the game because it's still operating on face buttons for driving and clicking in the right stick to do precise aiming.

Are there any mods that adapt the control scheme of 3 or 4? I tried playing 2, but even with the GotR mod, I just couldn't deal with the controls.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Opopanax posted:

Thing dragging Guardians down for my dog, Cosmo. I don’t know what it is but he loving hates Cosmo and growls the whole time he’s on screen

Reminds me of the first Dragon Age; there was an area where you temporarily got the ability to shapeshift and had to use that ability a lot to navigate the area. I had to play through that section with headphones because for some reason my dog hated the transformation noise and would lose his poo poo every time I used it.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

U.T. Raptor posted:

The Fade in Dragon Age: Origins. One of the more popular mods for the game was just "skip the whole section".

Ugh, The Fade; not only was it just generally tedious, my dog hated the shapeshifting sound and would lose his poo poo at it every single time I used it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Just add a [1gb no] warning to the thread title and it'll be fine