Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Deus Ex: Human Revolution is making me hate the color yellow. It's been a while since I last played and I'm playing the Director's Cut, which I'm told reduced the yellow... but no. too much yellow.

Related: was the Deus Ex thread in Games archived? The search is showing nothing, and I'm really in one of those "If I'm not playing {Game}, I want to read the thread for {Game}" moods.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 08:26 on May 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Anatharon posted:

I guess I'm getting old but I realized I don't like games as much as I used to. So age is bringing games down.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3291047&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Thanks, but I was looking for HR specifically. I think the title was "of course people will be left behind". Search couldn't find poo poo.

EDIT: I found (presumably) a link to the thread in that thread, but with archives down, it's a no-go. :( )

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 18:07 on May 21, 2014

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's an interesting mechanic but it really needed tweaking.

The Movies in general can be summed up like this. The idea and mechanics are pretty good, but babysitting the actors and their moods/desires was one of those things that constantly sapped my will to play. Because you can't just make one actor happy, because if you do that all the others will be jealous, etc etc.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Then there are Entourages. Once the stars get to a certain level they want assistants hanging around them to boost their egos. You generally take these from other departments. Which is a problem because you still need crews and extras and builders and janitors and so forth. The game is really bad at providing enough personnel to cover your needs, you can only hire new people when they stand in line at your buildings. Play it wrong and you start running short of builders to maintain the lot, janitors to pick up trash, etc. It creates a huge mid-game hump because it's hard to push stars up without entourages, but it's really hard to find people to fill those roles.

This is so annoying that whenever I get the urge to play The Movies, I always download and install The Employees Mod, because it ensures a massive swarm of people at each hiring building.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

RyokoTK posted:

ROTT also launched without a quicksave function. At least they patched one in. That game is terrible.

Don't forget that they tried to defend the lack of quicksaving via 50% :spergin: This is how it's supposed to be! :spergin: and 50% :cry: B-b-b-but it's hard to program that in! :cry:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The Planet Wisp Doppleganger race in Sonic Generations is practically impossible. It requires perfect play, it's an incredibly long level, and the mechanics of the level suck. Of course, the clone of yourself that you're chasing has no problems at all.

EDIT: And I forgot that you can't use any of your purchased abilities, such as "I'd like to be able to be precise with my movements" or "I'd like the ability to double jump to make the muddy platforming acceptable".

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 20:29 on Jul 3, 2014

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I really like Simpsons: Tapped Out. The myriad of tasks makes for a dynamic play style ("I'm going to bed, set everything for an 8-hour task"), I have more of a connection to it because it's the Simpsons, and it's quite playable without paying. Two things drag it down:

- Instability. I'm not sure why, but after the Easter event (I think) the game became really unstable. The screen will stop registering touches, the animation/sound will stutter, and it'll either crash or eventually catch up with all the touching I've done. It'll crash elsewhere often too.

- Pay Only Annoyances. Don't get me wrong, they've put a lot of drat good stuff in the game, and it's perfectly playable and enjoyable without spending a dime. That said, it's not possible to accrue enough donuts (the currency) to buy any of the iconic stuff, and the prices of the iconic stuff is pretty high.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Diablo 3's drop system bugs the poo poo out of me, and it quickly saps my desire to continue playing. There's no specificity to anything: maybe that monster will drop a item, but there's an equal chance of it dropping everything else besides what you're gunning for.

I'm spoiled by World Of Warcraft's drop system, I suppose. I like compiling a list of items I want, and know that if I attack specific enemies enough, I will get those items.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm kinda in the middle of Games I Want To Play Obsessively, so I might have a lot of these to come:

I can't get into Borderlands 2 due to its moving-ruins-your-aim mechanic. I pretty much hate it in any game that uses it, unless it comes with a corresponding you-can-move-without-ruining-your-aim mechanic.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Bit of a derail, but I tend to like my games as close to vanilla as possible. Usually if I'm modding the hell out of the game I've finished the game's Main Task*, lost a lot of interest, and am trying to rekindle the magic before realizing that I just need to find a new game.
* To keep this on topic, I'll make a general Dragging Down: Blizzard game's attempts at playing after the story is done tend to leave me cold and unengaged. Multiplayer in SC2? Hell no. Diablo 3's Adventure Mode? So loving dry. WoW raid content? Only keeps me interested as long as I have a LOT of things needing upgrading, and from what I heard with the next expansion, my Endgame Upgrade Path is no longer valid.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Dead Rising and its sequels were made much better from cheats/mods that let you stop time.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I wish Skyrim had at least one "OK, go faff around for a while" bit to its main quest.

I get it, the game is designed that you can go do whatever, whenever, but I kinda try to play characters through the prism of someone actually in the world (not sure if that's actually role-playing or not), and every part of the Main Quest has a "dude, get here NOW cuz dragons are killing poo poo left and right" hook to it.

In contrast, Morrowind had the Main Quest guy tell you to go out and do other poo poo with a story purpose ("Dude, you just got off the boat here, go do something else so people don't think you're an Imperial plant"), which I dug.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

The main issue I have with it though is the same one I have with all "realistic" zombie stories, which is that the zombies themselves are never a credible threat. The ones in The Walking Dead are slow and stupid; Any healthy adult can easily fend off or kill a zombie, and they're too dumb to get past any kind of barricade. There's a bit on one of the episodes where you find a zombie trapped in a car because it's seatbelt is on. It doesn't even have to contend with the door because it's open, but it's so dumb it doesn't seem to understand that the belt is what's holding it back. How did these things take over? Everyone should be completely safe if they keep their front door shut. The police should have been able to handle this.

That's basically the caveat of all Romero/Romero-inspired zombie films. The only way for there to be a zombie apocalypse is for the living to act dumb enough to cause it to happen.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Cleretic posted:

But the one thing I feel like I can confidently express disappointment in is the Harmony affinity. The idea with that is that you're integrating yourself into the planet's ecosystem, which in theory would lead to great interactions with the game's resources, especially the aliens. But despite all the flavor, units and buildings relating to Harmony learning to live with the aliens instead of against them, their actual interactions with the aliens are exactly as violent as anyone else's.

I haven't played the game, but I think Harmony's message isn't "Living in peace with the aliens and its environment" as much as "Working within the ecosystem to set yourself up as the apex predator of it". You're still pushing Harmony, you're just demanding the ecosystem harmonize with you in a way it understands.

My minor beef of the moment is Skyrims hotkey / favorite weapon system. If I have a shield set as Hotkey 2, accidentally hitting 2 while I already have a shield equipped unequips the shield completely, which I never have a reason to do.

It also makes duel-wielding a PITA. Hit 1 twice, equip two of the same weapon? Nope, equip one and then unequip it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Game Dev Tycoon, seemingly, has its gaming history locked, leading to some inadvertent metagaming happen because you know System X is always going to do better than System Y.

Of all games, Farming Simulator 15 can be really annoying to do basic farm tasks (sowing, harvesting, etc) if you're trying to maximize your field(s). It sure looks like you're harvesting in a straight line, but either you weren't or your harvester has a penchant for going a half-foot to the left here, or a foot to the right there. It's spergy to be annoyed by this, don't get me wrong, but still annoying.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Pulled the trigger on Prison Architect a bit ago, under recommendations that while the game is still an Alpha, it's extremely playable and isn't like most Early Access games in that regard.

So as my workers are laying down some electrical wires I ordered, I noticed an error message about 'no route' to building it. I look it up, and it turns out its a known bug (with a 'fix' that only made the issue worse instead of resolving it) that has been posted a lot on the developer's forums since the late-teens versions of the game (version 28 just came out recently). Yet no concrete actual-fix by the developers has come out.

I can handle playing an Early Access Alpha game with bugs, because it just means it's a sign to drop the game and come back when its in better shape. But having a bug that the developers have known about for a significant time means I'm bound to have the game rotting in my Library.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Every time I try and play Dawn of War II, the relative speed and micro required (and the lack of being able to pause while doing stuff) drains me of all energy/desire to play more than one level/mission at a time. I think I'd have a lot more fun if I could just slow the game's speed down a bit, but I don't think I can (related bitch: not being able to save within a level) and its really annoying.

I bet part of these is that I'm cranky from a low-level cold, but still.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Away all Goats posted:

Just lower the difficulty. For the most part you guys are supremely durable and don't need that much micromanagement anyway

Who What Now posted:

Yeah, all you really need to do is make sure Avitus is in cover and facing the right direction, Tarkus has Tactical Advance active (and should probably also be in cover), and remember to have the Force Commander equipped with medipacks, a battle standard, or both so he can pop a heal while he wrecks poo poo in melee and you're golden. Then depending on your fourth person either have Cyrus using his weapon ability to do burst DPS on high value targets, have Thaddeus jump pack, retreat, and repeat, or have THE THULENAUGHT just aimed in the right direction to unleash his holy wrath upon the enemy.

That's the thing, it's not the difficulty, it's doing the above over and over, 5+ times each mission, with not a lot of variation that paradoxically requires attention to pull off.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Every time I try and replay New Vegas, I stall out because ultimately don't give a rat's rear end about the city/neighbouring areas, or who controls it. We're not dealing with an actual Fallout enemy like the Enclave or a Super Mutant army or anything, we're dealing with footnote events (at best) going forward in the series.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Republican Vampire posted:

I dunno. My impression was always that the Master and Dick Richardson were footnotes (at best) in the history of the Republic.

Without turning this into another Fallout thread, this isn't true because Super Mutants are iconic to Fallout, so for any proper Fallout game they'll be around, and be a de facto legacy of The Master. Sure, some spergs will be offended that they still exist because the Fallout Bible says this or states they only came from that, but meh.

To keep this on topic, I'll phrase it this way: something that brought down New Vegas for me was that its developers thought it could create an engaging Fallout Story without entities you need for an engaging Fallout Story. NV's story is low-importance, political one with far lesser stakes than the first three. 1 had an army of Super Mutants that would've obliterated everyone else on the continent. 2 had the Enclave that wanted to kill everyone in the world that was infected with FEV (aka everyone). 3 had the same wiping-out-everyone-impure. NV? Everything focuses around NV, a place I could never bring myself to care about.

EDIT: Another thing that drags NV down: the soft-wall inability to just explore wherever you want. Fallout 3 let you go "huh, there's that thing in the distance, I'm going to go there" and find self-contained stories along the way. NV has big gently caress-off "There are Killer Bugs" zones.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 17:41 on Apr 5, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
^ Open-world sandbox games, by definition, don't have sequence breaking in the way you're thinking. You're supposed to be able to go wherever and not have to deal with "No, don't go west out of this town, you must go east unless you want to die a lot".

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

The Invisible Wall Remover is literally the only mod I will not play FONV without, if only because of how asinine it was to be like "I can literally see my way down the other side of the mountain I am on top of to get to the place I want to go, but there is an invisible wall here because they don't want me going straight between two points on the map". gently caress your sequence, Obsidian.

According to ropekid, the invisible walls aren't about sequence or the breaking thereof. Without the invisible walls, Deathclaws and Cazadors (which are totally not placed so as to prevent players from going places outside of the Intended Path, fer shure you guise) would amble around too much, killing too many NPCs without the player knowing.

It's annoying because Thing One should've been "wait, why are we putting up these things that essentially block people from going where they want to in an open-world sandbox game?", but :thatsObsidian:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 00:23 on Apr 6, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

JebanyPedal posted:

No it didn't, practically everything was level scaled. Have fun peppering bullet sponge muties for 50 years.

If you're not shooting at a dude whose race/species has a habit of collecting dozens of rounds in their flesh and not even realizing it (see: Marcus in Fallout 2), you're not playing Fallout.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, I enjoyed the gameplay parts of FTL but didn't like the randomized Rougelike bits.

In general, roguelike mechanics are what drag a game down for me. Specifically the lack of saving and the "well, time to restart" stuff.

There's been handfuls of games where it looked appealing, only to find its a roguelike and I've avoided buying it just because I know that the game would wind up being abandoned because of it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I wouldn't be surprised if I said this before, but oh well:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution's artistic design regarding mechanical augmentations make no goddamned sense to me, bringing down what is otherwise an awesome game. The original Deus Ex had a great through-line about how nanoaugmentation was a great improvement over mechanical augmentation, if for no other reason than nanoaugmentation didn't made you look like a goddamned freak. In contrast, the prequel game has mechanical augmentations look like smooth, silky iPhone-like devices.

Instead of having a setting where people are getting mechanically augmented for frivolous reasons, I think HR would've had a stronger through-line if mechanical augmentations were even worse than the original's. The game already hammers the player with the understanding that people are getting mechanically augmented desperately to compete in society, why not reinforce that by making people look like trucks in the process? Want to have people desperate for anti-rejection meds? Have them be people who were told they needed to replace their arm with a giant piston for a job, rather than one they replaced because they wanted a Pretty Metal Arm. The ideas the game wanted to explore would've been a lot stronger if mechanical augmentations were things people regretfully got because they had to, rather than things people eagerly wanted to get.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 19:13 on Apr 10, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The caveat of "Well, it's a cyber-renaissance" didn't work for me with regards to augmentation, especially as it pertains to how they look in the original Deus Ex. Maybe I'm just ignorant of it happening in history, but the idea that a technology would go from artisanal to non-artisanal as fast as mechanical augmentation in DX went is bizarre to me. It borders on an Irrationally Irritating Moment for me :(

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
wrong thread

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Apr 11, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Echoing some other people here, but everything I saw about Borderlands 2 told me I'd be totally into it, but I've never got very far into it without the notion of playing it making me weary. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I hate the moving-makes-you-lose accuracy mechanic; I guess I had the game pegged as less realistic about that sort of stuff and I never quite got over the hump of accepting that mechanic. I just comprehensively dislike it.

Related to a mechanic that happens in a lot of games that bring it down for me: Hunger/thirst mechanic in survival/exploration games. I get why they exist - the genre is called survival, after all - but they never seem tuned to the point where I feel comfortable about exploring further than a bubble near the initial lodgings I either create or am given. The mechanic constantly reminds me of scarcity to the point where all other gameplay is delegated to minimum, if that makes any sense.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

im pooping! posted:

In GTA 4 Niko was constantly saying he hated war and killing people and was trying to change. Any time Michael says that, we are reminded by his psychiatrist that he's a psychopath.

Both Niko and Michael are the same broken people: knowing they are horrible people, genuinely wanting to be better, but lacking the emotional/practical skills to make something of themselves other the terrible people they are.

Michael has it worse, I think, because his obsentive support structures are bullshit. His family hates him and his therapist is actively working against helping his client in order to pad his bank account and his book deal.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
For the record, I absolutely love Chroma Squad, a Senti/PR simulator.

However, there's one thing that bugs me about it, and that's how the item system is handled. Items you buy from the store have fixed properties, whereas ones you craft have random properties. This leads to times when you're going back and forth through menus in order to figure out which is ultimately better. It's made worse when some of the traits/abilities you can craft don't show up on the better-or-worse popup.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A mission in Chroma Squad (Sentai/PR simulator/strategy game) is annoying as gently caress:

You start with five characters, but two leave early on. One of them is a major damage-dealer for you. With the remaining Spandex Punchmans you have, you're tasked with defeating a boss who has three salient traits:

- High HP / Armored
- Has a strong knockback move that can and will push you back at least 1 or 2 turns movement away
- Spawns 3/4 clones of itself

Oh, and you really don't have multi-target attacks on any of your three Punchmans that you can consistently do. Hope you have enough money to buy specific gear for one fight, which I'm not sure I have!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

... so don't act like this was an exception.

Not to be a total dick, but I'm still going to treat that boss it as a dragging-the-game-down exception because of the things I pointed out. I'm significantly past the boss in question, now, and I've still had nothing compatible, difficulty-wise, show up in the game. There's even been a boss that summons other monsters, but faith and begorrah said boss lacks the reduces-damage trait and doesn't throw your squad around, and doesn't remove two of your fighters from play.

John Murdoch posted:

Supposedly they were going to go with that or something more like the Ghostbusters game where you build up heat and then either need to manually vent it, simulating a reload, or overheat and suffer for it. Then they changed it to thermal clips. :goleft:

I heard it told differently: they were going to use a clip system AND the old system. You could fire to your hearts content and either wait for it to cool down manually, or pop a clip to immediately cool down the item. Problem is, it made the game too damned easy, so they removed the Old System entirely.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The relatively-obscure game Plant Tycoon has a minor irritation whenever I feel like playing it:

It's a simple game where you grow and crossbreed plants. While there's a goal of breeding six specific plants (which can entail a lot of spreadsheeting/sperging), I find the game entertaining just on randomly crossbreeding plants. The downside is that you can only store a total of 120 different seeds, whereas there's a lot more potential seeds you can create.

I know I don't have to store every type of seed I create, but dammit, I wish I could.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Captain Lavender posted:

I downloaded the sim game Afterlife, and the disasters are all way too devastating - I had forgotten since playing as a kid. You want to build heaven as compact and efficient as possible. So I've got this nice tight heaven with top-tier buildings, when Paradise Pair o' Dice rolls in and levels the whole place. Cut my heaven population in half. Seems like something like that happens every 15-20 minutes.

I'll PM this to you, but for everyone else who hasn't played Afterlife and you totally should:

The secret to not having to deal with disasters in Afterlife is to constantly deploy one: Bats Out Of Hell. It's win-win for you, no matter which realm you build. The bats ONLY deploy in Hell, and buildings covered in Bat poo poo exude a bunch of Bad Vibes, which are beneficial in Hell. I go as far as to never place the first Hell Reward Structure when I play, specifically because it kills Bats.

So basically, constantly 'suffer' from Bats Out Of Hell.

edit: what drags down Afterlife is its mid-to-end game. Mid-game, your gameplay (regardless if you decided to build up Heaven and/or hell) consists of Build poo poo and AutoBalance. Late game, the constraints of building a big city makes Heaven suck and Hell awesome (because massive lovely cities are good in Hell).

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:56 on May 21, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Sardonik posted:

Heaven is hard to make correctly. I wish the maps were ever so slightly bigger, though the constraining factors do make proper construction more important.

Also you can just disable disasters, once you have enough money.

To this day I'm not sure if the reason why 90% of my Afterlife playthroughs were Hell Only because I was an edgy kid/teen or because Hell starts in the negative (people can get to things too quickly! your zoning is too diverse!) and becomes easy as gently caress later on.

And yeah, you can disable disasters, but that kills your Soul Rate (cuts it by half iirc).

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Weapon degrading mechanics have never worked/been fun, ever.

I remember when System Shock 2 had a patch that added the option for the player to either reduce or do away with it altogether.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Evilreaver posted:

Reminds me of Starcraft 2's story, wherein Marcus betrays you in the closing cinematic.

The dude's name is Tychus, and I've always felt that it was extremely obvious that Raynor knew Tychus was going to betray him. They set it up pretty well that Raynor had screwed over Tychus in the past and was going to take his pound of flesh eventually; the surprise at the end was that Tychus was going to take that out of someone else and not him.

The thing that dragged Starcraft 2 down was trying to pimp out the e-sports nature of it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Ugh, I just hit the Really loving Annoying scenario in Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, La-La Land. There's one minorly annoying goal (Have a VIP look at a fireworks show! Hope he pays attention!) and two significantly annoying ones (Two VIPs want to see two differently scened areas that basically require you to build isolated themed zones, and it has a buggy ride pre-built for you.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Lizard Wizard posted:

What's buggy about the ride?

It occasionally doesn't let people off, making people on the ride, and waiting for said ride, mad.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Well this is embarassing; it turns out my earlier RCT3 example was based on reading too much :spergin: stuff when I was young and first played the game. I always read that having specific folks wanting specific themes meant a ton of specific rides and hope it worked out. Nope, it turns out you just plop them down on a little path surrounded by scene-appropriate decorations for like 2 minutes. :sigh: why didn't I find that out back then?

In exchange, I'll bitch about another thing: sometimes the game will give "Hey people can't get to X ride!" alerts, times every ride in my park... despite every ride having people getting to it just fine. Don't lie to me, game!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not sure if I should just edit by above post, but it's been a few days, so whatever:

Just bought Defense Grid 2 and it's reminded me about how bad I am at levels in the first game where your towers create the maze the enemies go through. I'm not knocking the game doing it, it's an awesome little twist, but man do I have a habit of sucking at it. Sometimes I'll make a path and be :dance:ing proud of it, only to do badly in the end because I didn't realize I should've put something ~here~ so that they take more time ~there~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I wouldn't be surprised if I posted this generic complaint before, but oh well:

Whenever a survival game has things like hunger/thirst (seeing as how it's supposed to be a survival game, after all), I always wind up either disabling it if I can. The reason is simple: I get so :tinfoil: about having enough food/etc that the notion of exploring goes out the window. I build basically where I spawn and don't engage with anything else, turtling up.