Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Caphi posted:

Child of Light is fantastic, but every time I start it up, it takes ten seconds to connect to Uplay's servers just so I can tell it I don't want to connect to Uplay.

The last time I tried to play it was trying to connect for about a minute so I just decided to play something else, forcible UPlay is a brilliant idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - yes, Hope, I know escaping makes an hour pass, thanks for reminding me again and again, I couldn't glance it from the clock and my memory is heavily impaired.

Also I understand that it's a part of time management system, but not being able to stock up on Potions and only being able to buy them as the inventory slots become free is a hassle. Just have adding the potions from the stock use up time or EP or something, there aren't even stores everywhere.

And while I'm at it, it took me a fair amount of time to realize that the combat is actually turn based and is a version of a traditional ATB combat, not real time - which might be obvious in retrospect, but I treated it more like the latter and were constantly annoyed at its limitations.

Also a little thing: I know very little of corporate and trademark law, but was it really necessary to write the title with TM and © signs? It looks exceptionally silly.

Szurumbur has a new favorite as of 11:37 on Sep 15, 2014

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Alpha Protocol: reactive dialogue is a strong point of the game, but replaying it is a pain because of essentially not being able to skip the dialogue - it can sometimes be sped up, but sometimes not, so you essentially have to watch the entire game again and can shave maybe 30 minutes each playthrough. You can't skip in-engine cutscenes, either.

Szurumbur has a new favorite as of 10:29 on Sep 26, 2014

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Thoughtless posted:

Fallout New Vegas improves on a lot of Fallout 3 but also comes with one major thing dragging the game down: the environment. Yeah, I get that it's post-apocalyptic but combining that with a 99% desert environment is just too much, everything except the Strip looks the same and I can't find any desire to explore. Fallout 3 was goddamn vibrant in comparison.

edit: The DLC is much better about that, but it doesn't help the main game.

The environment is a bit bland, but what I can't get over are the bloody invisible walls. Yeah, console limitation, Gamebryo would make my PS3 explode and all that, but I had been scaling mountains in Might and Magic in the last century and that's something I always like to do in open world RPG, here the most I can count on is going in the wrong way and being murdered by Cazadores.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Alteisen posted:

I'm replaying Kingdom Hearts 1 in the final mix variation now that I have a PS3 and boy, this game did not age well.

The camera is complete and utter balls, it moves around to much and its way to drat close so eating hits from behind is to common, its very slow in starting up as well, the initial worlds are just boring and for some ungodly reason they altered the way you learn skills in Final Mix, so having picked the shield, I don't get guard till level 15, yet if I pick the sword I'd have it at 9.

And I don't get scan, a fairly crucial ability till level 21.

Synthesizing was also altered, instead of just fighting certain enemies for drops I have to pray a once very visit enemy shows up and then I have meet specific conditions to get him to drop his item, who the gently caress this was thought a good idea.

I was kind of excited to play this since I've wanted to try the final mix titles for while but this isn't very enjoyable. :smith:

The HD remix does not actually make it a better game, and its poor design in many areas (camera, platforming, AI, gummy ships) makes it a bit of a chore to play - I've 100% the original game, but the improvements in the second game make not want to play the first one any more. In general, I'd advise to ignore the more grindy aspects unless you are trying to obtain Platinum, because their random nature can quickly become frustrating.

Szurumbur has a new favorite as of 09:29 on Oct 5, 2014

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Once in a while I'll get an urge to replay Okami, especially in its gorgeous HD incarnation, but then I remember about the unskippable cutscenes and tutorials and decide not to. Supposedly you can skip them on a NG+, but I'd have to finish the game in order to have such a save.

Also the Ultimate Blockhead - I envy those who defeated him without cheating and making a photo or something, even using such a method I had a hard time.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

MrJacobs posted:

You could always just download a save and just rock out NG+

Saves are locked, and looking it up I couldn't find one and I don't feel like learning how to hack it to be usable - also, it's not that much of an urge, I've done much of the game on a PS2 already. Still, it'd be nice if the alternative was simply allowing one to skip scenes or at the very least fast forward dialogue.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate:
- the game has an auto-save system, but in the Story Mode it only saves after you return from the map. It also doesn't auto-save an unlocked map. So if you, say, buy weapons and outfit your characters and the go out to the map which is not mandatory to unlock, then save during the mission, then realize that you had saved in a bad spot and not resume the in-battle save, thus erasing it, you are plopped right after you had finished the previous mission, with the new map not unlocked, no items bought and no way to return, because there is only one save file. Which is a bit dumb.
- because of time-travel, there can be NPC version of your character fighting on the map and they can be considered vital to the battle and he or her dies, the mission is over. So during the mission I mention above I was playing as Yukimura Sanada. However, the game kept insisting that Yukimura had problems and that I should help him. "Silly game, I'm Yukimura and there's no problem", but then Yukimura died and it turned out there was another one and I had saved after he was too weakened to make it to him

The problems with saving is my own - no icon means it isn't saving - but not unlocking the map in some sort of a system save is dumb.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Final Fantasy X-2 HD, mainly the added content:
- your Bomb type fiends really like to use Charon, which is a powerful attack, but leaves them dead with no way of reviving them in the battle, only after it - which means they don't get EXP, and leveling up raises the Fiend Story level (their personal stories about who they were before and the like). They are tedious to level outside the Fiend Arena which sometimes automatically raises the Story level just for winning a Cup, regardless of being dead or alive in the final battle.
- Shinra is being shown as some kind of invincible badass for some reason - staring down fiends, defeating Behemoths single-handedly, hovering and generally being superhuman; it's really jarring and I don't think it meshes well with the character. And even though I know where this is going it still does not make any sense to me.
- my Blitzball players keep getting injured and having to go to the hospital!

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Croccers posted:

Finding the words/numbers in the jumble?
Works fine with a controller.

I think one of the problems with minigames on PC is that they're optimized for a controller although you'd most likely play with a keyboard and a mice. Also, the minigames rise in difficulty throughout the game and even with a high level in hacking it still better to use EMPs to bypass them instead of trying to fight with controls.

Generally I only play the game on easy+Veteran now, which allows for a greater flexibility in skills and approach for missions (for example, Byarko is far easier after you had contacted Heck, but it shouldn't be necessary).

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I've been playing Dust: An Elysium Tail and find this game very enjoyable, but the character's speed is a bit too low for me - I hope I find some speed upgrade ability later in the game, because right now my character just leisurely strolls through the screen. Also you can't leave the screen if the enemies are still alive, so even though they die quickly even on higher difficulties it's impossible to rush through the screen with fights present.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

That game was fun but it had WAY too much combat that all sort of end ed up playing the same once you got to a certain point. Use magic, jump into the air, spin sword x10000.

Unless an enemy has a gimmick, in which case I sigh and try to get it over with quickly. I can see the combat becoming tedious quickly, especially since the dungeons seem to have an increasing complexity in platform placement and the like - so far, the redeeming factor is that I can kill opponents quickly and Fidget has a powerful projectiles, especially with Dust Storm, which is very pretty. Still, I've been playing for about 3 hours and already have a 40-something completion save, so hopefully I'll finish with my Platinum before it'll get too much of a chore.

Szurumbur has a new favorite as of 14:29 on Nov 3, 2014

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

Let's just all agree that the Souls fan base is insufferable in general.

I've read a bit of Dark Souls 2 pre-release thread, and people spoilering mechanics so intricate as "you can drop (discard) items" and applauding the rumoured mechanic of "if you hit a chest and it's not a mimic, the item inside is destroyed and turned to junk" helped me realize that those people are a bit insane.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

The chest destruction mechanic actually exists in DS2, it's pretty funny when an invader gets you to sabotage one.

I wouldn't know, I don't like the Souls series, it's just that immediate uncritical praise for a mechanic that I frankly found dumb was weird, to me. Oh well, to each his own.

Szurumbur has a new favorite as of 21:27 on Nov 5, 2014

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I've been playing Batman:Arkham Asylum thanks to PS+ and I find the camera zooming in a bit too close, especially if there are more than three opponents. I must adjust it constantly to see anything other that whatever is immediately in front of Batman, but it'd be nice if it could stay a bit back.

Also - although I knew that there'd be a need to backtrack, the game having a bit Metroid elements to it - the constant reminder of "here's a thing you can't interact with yet, so advance the plot and then return if you even remember to" is a bit tiring, especially since the map does not note it and there's no quick travel or shortcuts. I'd also not begrudge adding a mini-map or an objective marker.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

The main thing about Riddler trophies in Arkham Asylum is that it's better to just leave them alone until you have all the gadgets, which isn't until you are very close to the end of the game.

I remember it being the exact same in Darksiders with chests/collectables, although they actually gave you a reason to backtrack as part of the plot near the end. If you backtracked earlier on in the game you pretty much wasted your time.

Yeah, I was briefly considering going back now that I have exploding gel, but then thought to leave the secrets until after I stop chasing the story or at least will be at the definite end - this will also have the added benefit of having all door open etc.

RyokoTK posted:

There are maps you can collect that will put all of the Riddler puzzles on your map.

Also, even if there's an enemy off screen that you can't see, Batman can still see him. So if you suspect that there's another dude lurking behind you, just keep attacking because Batman will just home in on him and punch him for you.

I've found two maps so far, I just wish the actual map would note those force field doors or the weak walls if I scan then, at least.

And to be fair, so far I only had a problem in one room, and that's mostly because I've gotten myself in the corner (and playing on Hard doesn't help) - I've unlocked a challenge room and it's a huge open space and doesn't have this problem.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Rogue Legacy: enemies deal damage you merely by touching you. As your main attack has a very short range, it takes a fair bit of getting used to as to how exactly one should move and I don't think the game would lose any balance if you could touch them without repercussions. Also, I could only get to the very first boss, but the amount of HP it has makes my blows seem almost inconsequential - I hope it won't be a trend, because it seems that with enough skill one can dodge its projectiles with ease and then it would just become tedious.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Oh, I'm dying left and right and as long as I obtain enough gold to buy an upgrade I consider a run a success - I suppose I may start to care more if I'll actually start making any significant progress inside the castle.

However, as I run and die I think it'd be nice if one could automate Charon's garnishments somewhat - he only takes a few second, but I'd never been there while not going to the castle, so talking to him is a waste of time either way.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

I'm not sure if the problem with that game is that it put way too much emphasis on grinding or just that I sucked at it.

I think it's both, actually - if you're at least somewhat competent at the game you'll probably have a decent stream of upgrades going, but if you're unlucky with the room placement or aren't doing very well the amount of gold gained will be too little to actually upgrade anything, Charon will take it all away and a few repeated cycles like that will most likely sap your enjoyment quite fast.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Diablo III: The Ultimate Evil Edition on the PS4 - the story is dragging the game down. And I don't that it's dumb, simple and the characters are uninspired - although it is and they are - but it's often apparent that it slows your progression simply because you didn't let the plot move far enough, and so must return and let the story do its thing. Act IV is a good indication of such dragging effects, because suddenly you're almost unconstrained by the plot - other than not being able to destroy some blockades, an ability which you gain for clearing a short dungeon - and it feels far shorter, quicker and ultimately better that the others, which feel really dragged out. And then they try for some pathos with Act IV bosses and it's all hilariously flat.

Thankfully Blizzard learned their lesson from the original console edition and you can just run in an adventure mode after clearing the game once, I didn't realize how tiring running through the story mode would feel.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

or
OR
OR

Or they could just make an interesting character without dipping into insulting stereotypes! Also, lol at those "rampant sluts" who enjoy sex, right? It's totally cool to shame sexually promiscuous people! All the cool, conservative kids are doing it these days!

They are. But when people say things like "dude it's just one scene" or "it's totally optional" I have to wonder why they felt the need to put it in, period. What if we switched the stereotype? What if we gave Kevin, a good-natured black guy, a bunch of Codec conversations where Raiden gets onto him for eating chicken and watermelon so much?

Bad stereotypes are bad stereotypes, and they bring down otherwise great games.

OR you could not be a screaming idiot

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
The Walking Dead: First Season - I've heard some praise about it, and since it was on a sale I decided to buy it. It's a nice game, but there are a few design decisions I find detrimental to the experience:
- it's quite obvious that the story does not change all that much regardless of player's input and the situations that will be ultimately resolved in the same way are easy to spot. It's not bad, but every episode starts with a disclaimer of how much your choices shape the story and it's a bit patronizing
- there are very few situations in which anyone but Lee actually does anything, and it becomes a bit absurd when there are a few items to interact with, so the puzzle is literally "grab a shovel and dig in one spot you can dig"
- the zombies often appear literally out of the thin air in order to create drama and a sense of urgency, and sometimes to get rid of excessive party members
- the action scenes - you have infinite ammo, so there's no sense of wasting bullets, and there's a checkpoint right before, so there's no danger. And no matter how you struggle, if the plot does not want you to get out, you won't
- also, sometimes it tries too hard to make emotional, like in the "gently use the shovel thrice" bit in a act four

Still, for the sale price it was a nice game and I'm glad I got it.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Kimmalah posted:

These are both very true of Walking Dead the show and comic too (except no checkpoints obviously). :v:

I've heard about that, I guess the games do a good job of emulating the show.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Moon Man posted:

I'm enjoying Bound by Flame. However, a complaint that I have is the fact that the enemies always take so long to kill. I'm not saying it should be easy and I like the games attempt to make the enemies always feel threatening.

however, I'm allowing the demon inside me to take over and gain in power so that I can become super badass and kill my enemies. I am a good way in to the game and I really don't feel powerful at all considering I still have to set my sword on fire and power up every fight just to make every encounter go smoothly.

Bound by Flame was cheesy enough for me to enjoy it, but the enemies ended up hitting so hard I decided to stop bothering - literally the first encounter outside the tutorial dungeon was easily enough to wipe my party in a few hits and I didn't really seem to be able to prevent that other than meticulously monitor positioning and abilities used, which turned out not so fun, especially since - due to the opponents' strength - some of the abilities turned out virtually useless, like all of the two-handed sword skills, which made me stand closer to the enemy and die because of that.

Szurumbur has a new favorite as of 10:31 on Jan 20, 2015

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
"This game mechanic sure is cliched and/or lovely, huh?" says Drakengard 3 right before using said mechanic.

Also not being able to view move lists in the Equip menu is really dumb, especially since those changes as you level the weapons up, so ideally you'd know if the moveset is actually any different, which is not always the case, it seems.

Szurumbur has a new favorite as of 11:16 on Jan 26, 2015

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Aren't those the "tutorial messages" that you can toggle off in options?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Options that are not explained, especially if they're translated in a weird way; I'm playing Saint's Row 4: Re-elected and there are some options which are a complete mystery to me, so I just left them alone. Some joker also translated one of the Picture options as "Show grain" (as in, a grain of wheat, for example): I assume it means film grain effect, but really now.

Also I wish I could pull the camera a bit back, it's far too close to my character for my liking, especially since it can't evade tight spaces well.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

mycot posted:

What language is it? "Show Grain" is really something.

It's Polish - for the most part the translation is good and accurately localized, but there a few instances of an obviously lacking context to the translated text.

In a different game, InFamous 2, the "raise beam (construction beam which fell on the ground)" was translated as "raise beam (a beam of light)", so it was obvious they were given the text and little else.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Transistor: the Turn() system, which allows for tactical planning of your action during your turn. The time stops and you can do whatever and after planning the turn out the time is slowed and the heroine carries them out. The problem I have with it is that it's not very robust and it has some problems with what'll actually happen:
- the number of damage is not always consistent with what the enemies suffer from the attacks (especially if poison is involved), so I might Overkill it during the planning phase only for the enemy to actually survive
- there are attacks that move the enemy, so it might be knocked back out of your range, and the planning stage does not account for it, nor does it show the range of knockback - for the most part it's not too much of an issue, but it can be troublesome
- the enemies do move on their own, of course, once again being a nuisance
- sometimes the attack will be listed as "blocked", although by what and why is anyone's guess
- the character auto-targets opponents with not always smart choices, and there's no way to cycle through the available enemies, so you end up manually targeting anyway

Using this system is not strictly mandatory, but since you move far slower without it and the enemies don't really attack you while using it it'd be detrimental not to, but it is a cornerstone of the battle system, so for it not to be as polished as possible feels weird. Also, you slow running speed mean that sometimes you're too slow to actually evade attacks, which might be a good opportunity to use Turn() and run away, only to find it recharging and although you can use a portion of the Turn() bar, you can't use the ability if it's not fully charged.

I can compensate for the system's shortcomings and the situations in which they actually become a problem are few and far between, but they stick out in my mind, since you spend about 80% of the game fighting.

I'll still finish the recursive mode, though, since I'm interested in what happens next.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Two little things about Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4 version).

- you can't move while having the full map open, which is sometimes a nuisance if the dungeon is large (and if you can, the option is hidden well)
- the camera is fixed and if you're behind a rock or something it'll only outline the character and the companion, AoE spells, pets and enemies become literally invisible, which is especially a problem in cave-type dungeons

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
The Walking Dead: Season 2 -overall I like the game more that Season 1, but I remember reading something about how the different main character would make a difference in game, but there's no apparent downside to Clementine being a kid - she's got infinite stamina, can hack away at zombies with the same strength that the adults have, she's wise beyond her years and everyone wants to get on her good side. Hell, her small size makes her a better stealth fighter and explorer than adults. And of course whenever something critical has to be done it's Clementine's time to shine.

I like her, and when it comes to the TWD world her being a kid should make no difference - you're either capable or you're not and all that - but there were supposed to be some character underestimating you or trying to outwit you because you're a child and so far the only thing I can notice is that everyone is very honest with her.

I'm only halfway through the episode 4, so maybe that changes later.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Once again, lovely/incompetent/uneven Polish translation, this time in Injustics: Gods Amongst Us - there'll be spoilers for the story mode. The very first scene, during the Superman/Joker exchange: Joker's line are all translated into a kind of a slang language, which might make a bit of sense, I guess - but so are Superman's, which is just silly. Also, Joker calls Batman "copybat", which is translated as "psychobat".

Later on, the heroes destroy Watchtower, which is an important structure. Luthor observes the explosion and asks his suit's AI "Watchtower?"-"That's right/Affirmative (or something to that effect)". The translated version is "What about Watchtower?"-"That's right.", which is a translation that must have been made without knowing the context of the scene. Not to mention that a little earlier "Twelve seconds" was translated as "Thirteen seconds".

Also, a "frame data" option is translated as a "[picture-frame] data", not "[frame of animation] data".

I appreciate the shot at localization, not to mention that the game is translated at all, but those mistakes are just amateur grade and this game is not quite so low budget - and besides, low budget games tend not to be translated at all.

On the other hand, the game has a very grindy trophy list, but this being a multiplayer fighting game this actually makes sense - you would be trying out different characters' powers and moveset in order to find you favourite.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Slime posted:

It may be a mistranslation, but psychobat describes Batman pretty well.

It certainly does, but if they want to take such liberties, they should have also dubbed the game:)

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Vic posted:

You guys still do that "one guy dubs over the entire movie in a monotone voice" thing? Because that's the most hilarious thing and if you did that with games, I'd be fluent in Polish in no time.

This is more of a voiceover situation, so the original dialogue plays in the background, only not very loud - and yes, very few readers actually try to interject some emotion into their reading and I doubt it'll go away anytime soon. Proper dubs are generally of higher quality, since they often get actual actors to do them.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Your desktop, I presume?

Posting from a browser that looks like this?

gently caress, didn't know Skyrim quests don't have their dedicated tab in the menu, it must be hell not have a separate page for the inventory, equipment, map etc.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Valiant Hearts, another smaller game by Ubiart: the story is simplistic, but engaging and the characters enjoyable, the art is nice and properly cartoony, which contrasts nicely with the horrors it depicts. However, it seems they did not think the gameplay all the way through and various gimmicks tend to overstay their welcome - it is fun to drive around bombs falling down to the tones of the classical music, but there has been two of those sections so far and they are longer than they should be (maybe to last the entirety of the piece); also, the introduction of QTEs was a misstep - they add nothing to the game and the sequences are far longer than necessary, making them a slog.

Maybe they are a commentary on the art and how a game about war and its goings on should not be fun or that there is an ever-present danger included, but a while ago I've thrown a grenade to blow up a guy a few times while using pipe organs to move his vehicle in order to be near my throwing range and I don't think this meshes well with that sentiment. Quite literally, the gameplay drags the game down for me.

Szurumbur has a new favorite as of 16:27 on Mar 16, 2015

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I didn't really ever get the idea that The Witcher devs were thinking themselves progressive or mature for including sex scenes and nudity, it was always so matter-of-factly "two (or more) people want to have sex, have at it". It's just a part of life.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Pretty much. The sex stuff simply appears to be there for fan service more than anything - that's fine but seeing the fanbase try to slap on some pseudo-intellectual bollocks about character development and realism is funny.

At the end of the day those are characters in a game, it's obvious that - regardless of the devs' stance - sex scenes, nudity and all that stuff is added for nudity, but for all the flaws The Witcher III has (and it has quite a few) "there are optional sex scenes" does not seem like a particular sore point.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

Yeah, but gratuitous violence is different than gratuitous sex because

(to be clear, I'm not digging at anyone individually. It's a societal thing.)

Exactly - for example, I've been offered to be beat up or stabbed a few times, but no stranger on the street has offered me sex; I'd demand some amount of realism from my games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
The Witcher 3 has many little and not so little nibbling flaws, which mar a good experience, and they are generally concentrated in the gameplay (the PS4 version):
- outside of combat, Geralt moves very heavily, as though he needs to build up momentum to start up, and when he does start up, he breaks out into a jog, which is very inconvenient if you want to walk up to something that's nearby (the devs probably knew of this problem, because you can loot containers from a bit of a distance)
- you can only jump about 1 meter down without losing health, any distance higher that that starts damaging your health and more than a 4-5 meter is fatal, which is dumb - you can roll at the end to mitigate the damage, but it's hard to react and since the falls don't have to be very high it's hard to gauge just when you're in danger of falling and fatally spraining your ankle
- combat is clunky, Geralt swirls around like he always does, but because of that you can become stuck in an opponent for a while, on the horse you can also very slowly swing the sword and aiming the horse is a pain. On the highest difficulty very few thing does not kill you in two to three hits, but the bad enemy AI certainly helps - they really can't deal with dancing around them, which I'm grateful for
- inventory system is a mess; on the PS4 there's no way to sort items (at least I didn't see it), you end up picking up a lot of random junk which might be helpful because crafting needs it, but what actually is helpful remains a mystery until you find an item needing it. There's a weight limit to your items, and the crafting components are included in that, so now I carry a half of my default weight limit at all times. There are also no separate tabs for somewhat objects, such as notes/books, junk to sell, plants and other alchemy components, weapon/armour crafting components. Also, normally games allow you to switch between tabs using R2/L2, but not this one - you have to scroll back up to the top of the menu and then use left/right while the menu hitches to load the next tab
- the font size is small; it's readable, and obviously you'd have a HDTV playing on a PS4, but I have a hard time reading it and in turn reading through the inventory can be a bit troublesome, especially since there's a lot of reading to do. I'd really like it to be bigger
- there's a lot of "points of interest" on the map, but so far (a few hours into the No Man's Land/Novigrad area, some time after the prologue) very few of them are anything more than a random monsters' nest/den and/or a treasure chest to loot, which does not seem all that different from the standard fare for open-world type games. Still, the treasure chests are often guarded and sometimes by a mini-boss, so at least it might lead to an interesting fights
- the framerate is inconsistent and there are often slowdowns - not to a crawl and nothing game-breaking, but noticeable enough to think what could have been
- the EXP is scaled, and if you are over the level of the main quests you get less points; I don't know if it evens out at the end, though
- the Polish version has grammatical differences and I've seen at least one instance of a Polish dialogue that was either translated from English or written by someone who did have an access to the rest of the scene, but the former is far more probable; that's important to me because I heard that the different language versions were supposedly made concurrently (and not be translated from the English version), and if I'm not mistaken in my observation, that'd obviously be not true

That's a lot of little things, and they're often in the way - I like the game, the quests are generally interesting and involving, and there are some interesting fights, but most of those flaws seem really really obvious to spot; I don't know about technical things, but you don't have to be a game designer to notice inventory being a mess, weight limits being introduced, unwieldy controls and fatal jumps are a problems for the game. Oh well, I still pre-ordered like a moron I am.

Szurumbur has a new favorite as of 12:34 on Jun 3, 2015