Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

scarycave posted:

Yeah, that too. The vaults were really some of the best places in the games - except for the first two.
Those loving Raiders at the vault with the squatters. :argh:

I really like the whole Vault Tech aspect of the Fallout lore and its kind of a shame that its usually pushed to the side for some political grey vs grey vs Cesar/Enclave thing. I honestly could really care less for the whole power struggle thing between factions I'd rather just explore super hosed up places.

This was actually literally one of my least favorite parts of both games, granted I thought the entirety of Fallout 3 was a joke and it's easily one of the worst modern RPGs I played, but even New Vegas managed to repeat some of its mistakes despite having a significantly more competent team.
It's not really the idea of the Vaults, though as far as the lore goes I think they're really gimmicky and silly and stupid (though in effect they can probably make for some conceptually great dungeons), but it's the way they work, the endless tight corridors, the crappy leveled floors and annoying enemies in close quarters. Just looking in boxes over and over in too dark environs. The dungeons themselves suck rear end even if the lore is interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I just finished it, but the back and forth in The Witcher was super annoying, for all the right they did in the sequel, the first one had horrendous back-tracking.
The combat is also utter garbage, I seriously haven't played any combat this uninteresting and dull in a long time, switching weapons or styles doesn't add any depth, it's just pointless busy work. There really is little point to using most potions beyond stuff like Blizzard or Wolverine that have the most obvious and strongest benefits in combat, stuff like Cat comes in handy once in awhile, but just for purely arbitrary reasons (like not being blind in a cave).
I don't know if it's the translation or what, but the voice actors also didn't seem to always understand the lines they were reading, so things that were meant to be funny weren't, simply because the voice actor didn't have any idea what the line was supposed to be.

Also, the choices you make aren't really that interesting, and the consequences aren't too major either.
Actually, pretty much everything about the original The Witcher is a major drag, I wouldn't even classify it as a good game.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

GTAV is kinda a game where it seems really cool at first glance, there's so much do to, so much to see, the world is huge and everything is detailed and there's tons of cool things about the world and how dynamic it is, then you realize that the activities are boring, the vast majority of the features heaped onto it are either broken or poorly designed, and that actually getting anywhere to do any of these things takes so incredibly long, and that even the simple act of travelling is dangerous because at any moment you could accidentally set off the cops and make your sojourn even longer.

GTAV has a lot of the problems GTAIV does and that's the fact that exploring the world and doing the poo poo in it is just kind of boring, and none of it feels very cohesive either, they managed to make RDR incredibly fun and the open world really fun to explore (and a large part of it was because of the hideouts and ambient challenges).
It also has a lot to do with the fact that RDR's environment was beautiful and well textured and the game ran a lot better. GTAV runs slow as molasses at best, and has some of the most hideous and muddled textures I've ever seen.
I thought it was funny seeing people upload screenshots of the environments and just seeing the worst LoD and draw distance with blurry looking and repeating textures.

It's not necessarily GTA's fault though, it's generally a huge problem with open world games, from Assassin's Creed to Watch_Dogs, the only ones that really work are the ones that make the environments much smaller, much more arcadey, and make the diversions dedicated and tied into the main gameplay, which is basically what Saint's Row 4 and Sleeping Dogs did. The whole "realistic" open world game in general is huge a hodgepodge of tedium and awful concessions made to immersion while sacrificing approachable gameplay.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pidmon posted:

I've only watched my roommate play GTAV but wasn't it billed as a heist game? And the main story had 4 total (one of which you don't even get money from), and it STILL hasn't been patched into multiplayer like Rockstar promised at launch?

Basically if I'm going to be forced to watch him play a boring multiplayer mode it might as well be a heist.

Last I heard it hasn't, which is easily the most disappointing thing about the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they're keeping it saved for the next gen/PC release.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

1stGear posted:

The GTA games are bad and people should stop buying them so Rockstar can actually try to remember what makes a good game instead of dumping a billion dollars into marketing and graphics and poo poo.

Max Payne 3 was mechanically fantastic, although hampered by a dogshit story, atrocious level design, and droll samey encounters, it proves that they can do something wonderful with the tools they have, they just need to learn how to execute things better, like RDR for example, which did practically everything right.
You had great shooting mechanics, and they gave you plenty of opportunity to use it. They had a lot of small features that just made the game more approachable (your horse automatically keeping pace and direction while you were shooting or using Dead Eye, being able to follow NPCs by just holding the gallop button, convenient and simple fast travel, an easy way to get a means of travel at any time by whistling for your horse, etc.), without losing its sense of immersion and realism. A story that was fun and interesting without having a massive host of tedious missions (not saying it was perfect in that regard though, much better than the GTA series by far). A lot to do in the world that actually allowed to visit most places and gave you a reason to do it (the ambient challenges, a lot of them were location specific, a lot of them were challenging and fun). Diversions that were actually fun (poker, the bounties where shooting a posse and stringing the guy up alive was incredibly satisfying, etc.).

So on and so forth. RDR was the one game where they made a cohesive, entertaining, and immersive design that didn't conflict with itself or make massive concessions to an overarching and unachievable ideal like realism, or a vast amount of content.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Flectarn posted:

i don't think the game that starts with the murder of a newborn baby by junkies is all that light to be fair.

Max Payne was entirely aware of its absurd uber-darkness, the fact that it was so over the top depressing to see Max getting constantly ruined by the worst possible things that could happen to him was part of the first two games' shtick.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The original Far Cry is piss loving hard.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Have any of Crytek's games been good in the sense that people would play them for fun, and not just for the shiny graphics? They seem to have set up a lot of studios and bought up a lot of IPs for a company that hasn't made that many games.

They're generally great games, with Crysis 2 being the exception. If you play them on the harder difficulties they're also genuine, non-bullshit challenges, and they give you enough freedom to use different methods that getting through situations using your own tactics is satisfying.
Generally, I think they did a better job of the multi-approach gameplay than FC3, namely because you stick your thumb up your rear end, run into the middle of an encampment in FC3, spinning your mouse around in a circle while screaming, and end up managing to kill everything, so there being a "variety" of ways to approach situations in FC3 is pretty pointless since you can walk over any encounter without much effort.

Speaking of that, I generally prefer FC2 for that reason, it was startlingly easy to die (although not brutally retarded like FC1), and there were some fantastic mechanics like guns jamming and the buddy system, along with the fact that the AI was generally competent and clever and had tons of little tricks.
The pacing was off (as many people will tell you) but the core gameplay of FC2, along with its mechanics are generally better to me and more in line with what Crytek was trying to do with the original FC (and ended up accomplishing generally in Crysis), which was to provide a bevy of options and make using those options well necessary because the game wasn't so easy as to let you just walk right through it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DStecks posted:

I have two thumbs, and am right handed. Your thumbs have got the most fine control of your fingers, and K+M leaves the right thumb totally unused. Like, imagine if you had to steer your car with your elbows, and nobody questioned this.

I have no idea what you're trying to argue in this thread right now, for "fine" control, a mouse is endlessly better than analog sticks, that's why RTS games only really exist on the PC (see Starcraft) and FPS games are signifigantly more easy and responsive to play on the PC.
A lot of games work better on a controller because they're designed towards that end, but even something like Max Payne, a TPS, was designed with a mouse in mind and only plays competently in that context.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I have more of a general complaint and that's the current obsession with overarching plot in RPGs these days.
I don't understand where people get the misconception that RPGs have always been about stories, because in the 80s and early 90s they rarely were, even games like the original Fallouts had really lackluster stories compared to the general quests and world-building, and the latter is primarily what RPGs have generally been about, world-building.

The original Wizardrys, Ultimas, Might & Magics, TES games (hell, even the new TES games, as in the few modern RPGs that understood what made the genre fun), all had one thing in common, and that was a focus in world building. Sosaria and Brittania in the Ultima series took center stage, and there was often significantly more material and kbytes dedicated towards telling the story of the world and its locations. That was because of technological limitations mostly, but there was also an important gameplay reason, simply that it made an open world more interesting, and made developing and growing your character in that world have more meaning because you were interacting with a place that was more fleshed out. Actually exploring the nooks and crannies of the world were more conducive towards the player discovering a story (his own) than actually following whatever contrived experience the developers had set up, simply because they couldn't really set up anything competent in that sense back then.
RPGs were generally about the adventure, not poorly written centrally important thematically shallow garbage, and the lore of the worlds were rather involved and told through additional material that often came with the game, it gave the games a sense of having a more real world, even with the technology they had back then.
Stuff like Mass Effect are just limited action games with RPG wrappers. I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't for the fact that that is the current trend, even The Witcher is a proponent of this trend, and the majority of the genre's effort seems to go into producing these dull rear end games.

The big issue with it is that the games still deign to provide you some form of freeform exploration, typically hacked down, tedious, and/or filler, but then attempt to tell some explosive normal plot at the same time, which doesn't make sense. There's already a general problem with open world and more freeform games where the plot is robbed of any sort of urgency whatsoever (as the Mass Effect games are) because you're often just given a ton of time to jerk around, which gives the impression of your character being given a mission of utmost importance and saying "Eh, whatever, I'll do it later."
It just doesn't make sense within the framework of the game or its plot.
Action games are better at telling stories than RPG, that's a fact, their pacing can provide for it, games like Spec Ops, and while I don't personally like their stories, they are still better paced, Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, etc.
This is because the gameplay inbetween the story beats is generally directly tied in conflict and focus to what's actually happening, instead of just being a random smattering of poo poo between your next plot location.

In an action game, it's more of a direct line, the events between the story are obstacles the characters could potentially face realistically in their world, and there would be a reason for the story to be robbed of development because of these obstacles, both in the sense that it is more dramatically potent, and because it's directly linked to the conflict of the plot. In Mass Effect Shepard will literally just gently caress off for hours and scan the surface of planets or something or run back and forth on a space station like a headless chicken having aimless meandering conversation. Maybe you could contrive it to the point where you say he needs the funds or minerals, but it's still an incredibly retarded way to tell a story, since it's the amazing hero of the story playing space prospector whereas at least Joel is bashing people's skulls in, a far better storytelling mechanic (immediate violence) than looking at rocks.
Once again, and everyone always says this, but Alpha Protocol seemed to have a vague understanding of this, as you're always doing something mission relevant in the game, and everything you do ties into your mission.

Yet there are some ancient techniques that we still use in worldbuilding that we could have gotten rid of ages ago, namely massive stacks of written lore splurged out in the players face as an attempt to say "We're too lazy or incompetent to properly figure out how to flesh out and build our world dynamically, so here's a text dump." It's probably the laziest, most disconnected way of fleshing out your world, yet it's not much different from the way older games chucked all their poo poo into a manual and expected you to figure it out there, still, at least those games had the bright idea to actually make their lore present in the game, rather than have you in an extremely limited scope where you weren't likely to encounter or engage in any of it.
TES, for all its problems, does a fairly decent job of doing this right because it sticks a lot of its lore in books, and then has the incredible thought of making a lot of these books unreliable, giving it more a sense of real world history and bias.

The genre was never about storytelling, unless you count the middle and later era of JRPGS (and even the earlier ones were similar to western RPGs in their adventure focus) and now that they are, they kind of generally blow and don't have any sort of focused gameplay, a few RPGs, like the TES series, the earlier Gothic games, and Fallout: New Vegas, still get what makes the genre good and unique, and that's mostly that they give a world to gently caress around in and have your own adventure, versus an incredibly constrained experience that tries to force you to engage in a plot that if it doesn't engage you literally makes the game unfun to play. It's a flaw in the genre that so much of it is obsessed with storytelling, when the very nature of the genre prevents it from ever possibly having decent pacing or making a competent story out of its filler and inbetween moments.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Trevor is loving annoying and has obnoxious VO. His character is poo poo and unfunny.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DA: Inquisition is really half-assed as an open world game.

° Has all the typical hallmarks of a design process made to provide busy work, ie random crafting material dousing the landscape, minor, inconsequential quests that will end up being ignored after a few hours of bothering to finish them, tons of objectives that "encourage" a player to explore the boring environment by basically making him go to places he hasn't been, instead of, I don't know, actually making the world interesting.

° All those ease of use mechanics a lot of open world games have are absent because this shtick is new to Bioware, you can't talk to people while riding a horse, navigating the landscape, especially horseback, is clunky and dull, the controls, perspective, combat, none of it feels suited to the gameplay style. It's like they transposed their typical process onto a project where it doesn't work.

° A ton of typical beginner open world mistakes that make the world feel dull, towns don't react to enemies standing right in the middle of them, NPCs pretty much stand around all day doing nothing, enemies are just out in the wilderness wandering around, doing nothing, despite its size, the game still has "cage" type environment design where you're blocked off by mountains and poo poo in every direction and your navigation of the environment is blocked by massive rock projecting 50 feet into the sky, making the world feel small and cloistered.

There are a bunch of other mistakes too.

° Bioware still doesn't understand pacing or the economy of words, interacting with your party members, an essential part of the game, is again just painful reams of nonstop, boring, badly written dialog, with characters explaining their entire backstories but then yelling the obligatory "I don't want to talk about that yet." when you haven't reached sufficient plot or friend progression. It's artificial and awful.

° The crafting blows and so does another crafting and collection system that has you sticking things in slots or using a massive list of garbage in your inventory to make crap.

° Everything feels clunky and poorly thought out, the combat feels like typical choppy Bioware affair, horses control like rear end, the jump is jarring and poorly animated, the pause system is idiotic and makes you constantly swap between characters and doesn't even allow you to queue up move commands, it doesn't even clip through the environment so you have to go around obstacles, the gently caress is that insane poo poo? Combat is locking on and spamming poo poo for the most part, with a little tactics required for bosses but mostly limited to taunts, buffs, and positioning, and this is on Nightmare difficulty. The potion system was likely cool as an idea but just makes you fast travel every dozen minutes to arbitrarily refill them, thus making another mechanic pointless because there's an easy work around and just making it flat out annoying in dungeons.

The whole game feels poorly made, but it doesn't have the "emergent" gameplay like the TES games and obviously their world design and making the world feel lived in and interesting is anemic compared to TES games, so it's ultimately incredibly dull.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lotish posted:

Dragon Age Inquisition has some nice hats, but rather than show your hair under the hat or having one set "hat-hair" model, they put some kind of weird leather head sleeve on the hat that covers everywhere hair would be.

This was a promotional image from like a year back, but the actual hat in the released game puts a leather skull cap in there that wraps around the whole head, leaving room for the ears to poke out. It's just such a lazy way to get around accounting for the different hair styles (all of which are terrible so hiding them really isn't a great sin, I guess).

It's funny because despite their attempts my Mage's beard, ears, and hair clips through every piece of headwear except for the total coverage ones.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I bought The Evil Within on Black Friday for like $30 because I'd been hearing in the Games forum that it was a spiritual successor to RE4. Really hope that turns out to be true.

It's actually pretty good but it's one of those games where you have to insist on playing it the "right" way or it's just a frustrating mess, that means using the environment, using the stealth system, and generally planning things out and using all the tools available to you.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Who What Now posted:

That ghoul matriarch was loving horseshit, though. The only reason I cleared it was because I had saved up enough points to buy every life upgrade from the first to the final one at a time to refill my health. I hadn't meant to do that, I just never felt like I needed upgrades, but I'm glad I did.

Hit her twice then roll away. Her pattern is super obvious.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The singing scene in Dragon Age Inquisition, my girlfriend was in the room, haven't felt that embarrassed since my dad walking in on an MGS3 cutscene when I was in high school.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LoonShia posted:

Which cutscene was it? Did Eva have her tits out?

It was an Ocelot cutscene, one of the first ones.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ChaosArgate posted:

The one where he has EVA in a chokehold? None of Ocelot's cutscenes in that game were really anything to be ashamed of, I thought.

It's just tacky and over the top like most videogame cutscenes, I was embarrassed because it was unbelievably silly.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Kay Kessler posted:

I haven't played the games, are the Dragon Age singing scenes just sung poorly, or is it something else?

Still, when it comes to bad singing, Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite is pretty cringe-inducing.

Badly sung, cheesy and horribly stiff attempts at being inspiring and trying to connect the player to the plot, the models are all mannequins and there was like 20 NPCs representing what sounded like a hundred people. Just imagine stupid looking characters getting up with awkward animations. Just massive proof that videogames don't work the same as movies because all the actors are still dolls disconnected from the voice coming out of them.
Also people trying to sing seriously in terrible fake French accents.
They're almost as bad as that guy from Twin Peaks.
Also the PC in DA is the most boring blank slate no matter how desperately you try to give him some sort of personality or narrative, the idea that people would gather around him as a charismatic figurehead is laughable, so everyone is just walking up to this joke like he's Alexander the Great.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

A game made in 2014 and Dragon Age Inquisition still makes you jog around the hubworld (Skyhold or Haven) to get to certain characters or things you want. There are quick travel points but replace the walking with loading. There are a few areas separate from the hub, like the loving crafting area of all things, that make you sit through a 20 second load screen. Great.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

If you haven't played New Game+ of Nier you actually haven't finished the game, it's an essentiall part of the story.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That's another Dragon Age Inquisition thing, the majority of the armor looks gently caress ugly because Bioware sucks balls at art design. I don't care if everything doesn't look "cool" but most of it just looks absurd and stupid. Like most of the helmets are massively oversized or tiny little caps that you'd see some peasant wearing in Braveheart or something.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Borderlands has really bland rear end loot and the idea of an action RPG with only one active skill per class is ridiculous. It adopts the tedium of the genre but little of the actual reasons of why they're fun to play.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's really dumb when a character is talking and is supposed to be cut off or interrupted by another character but because of idiot audio design all they do is have the character stop at a word, videogame pause, and then the other character start talking.
Audio doesn't overlap, they don't have the other character trail off or make it seem like there was some kind of sentence they were finishing.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Other people have said it, but loot is pointless in Inquisition. Everything you find will be massively outclassed by crafted items bar a few, usually store sold items. You can't even break down items so they're just glorified trinkets to be sold.

Also the Knight Enchanter is so outrageously overpowered that Nightmare becomes a joke and you can solo 3 dragons higher level than you with no sweat while your dead allies are lying around you.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Clive Barker's Undying, one of the very first games to use the "separate actions for each hand" convention in shooters, had your left hand correspond to your left mouse button, and the right to right.
So calling it a matter of convention that the inverse is the original method is retarded.
That being said, I don't care and it never messes me up. I just wanted to say you're all wrong.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

EmmyOk posted:

This whole post is pretty bad. Though people complaining about control schemes that are customisable are worse.

For content, not being able to pause cutscenes in the first three MGS games is a nightnare

No it isn't, it's just right. You can say whatever retarded poo poo you want but when it comes down to it the first games that did this poo poo already realized what is the most intuitive, most basic, least difficult to understand method. Everything else is just everyone desperately trying to look more informed but then they say dumb poo poo about convention but can't name a single game that helped define the mechanic in the first place lmao.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Phobophilia posted:

Transistor's writing was far too ambitious, and you didn't quite feel the same attachment between Red and Blue as the writer wanted.

The setting is cool if you like post-singularity upload, but the actual environments had no thought or rhythm to it. Bastion spaced and paced them out by giving you a home base after every mission, whereas Transistor was basically a 1-way corridor. They tried to make the environment act like a loop, but that again didn't come across properly.

Its writing tries desperately to be vague and insinuating but there's no heft or substance behind the little that is said or revealed.
Sparse films like Eraserhead work because the symbolism and visual imagery are so deeply entwined into the narrative that it's very easy to sense subtext and depth even if you don't immediately understand it. The narrative has a backbone instead of just stylized flourishes.
Transistor is 90% going through samey areas and listening to obtuse dialogue while fighting enemies. There is no real meat to it. It's empty and airy. The writing doesn't say a lot with a little, it only exists to accomplish a certain atmosphere and vibe but that can't be all you have.
Stories like 2001 are powerful despite being vague and not very verbose, but Transistor is just not very powerful or compelling beyond its basic aura.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LoonShia posted:

But it's ~realistic~.

It's actually about increasing the pacing of the games, making multiplayer rounds shorter and just have things happening faster. It's more immediate satisfaction. It works well in games like the BF and CoD series because it's easy to get into and is fun on a significantly more basic level. Your average person can much more get into "Go into ironsights, snap onto enemy, shoot, kill." than the insane back and forth, headshotting, map awareness, and etc. of something on a competitive level like Counter-Strike. They're catering to a certain audience and it works. At least, it will for a little while longer until the well runs dry.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

You don't even need a mod. The game automatically makes an autosave at the end of that dungeon that you can forever use to reload and make a new character since it repromts your choices and customization before you leave the dungeon.
If you've actually been playing it over and over you are a tard.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

1stGear posted:

Bethesda doesn't actually make good RPG's, they make decent dungeon crawlers. Everyone claims they make good RPG's because of stuff Michael Kirkbride wrote on a cocaine bender fifteen years ago.

If you're going to start talking about tedious RPG classifications then the only actual RPGs being released right now is stuff like Wasteland 2.
The Elder Scrolls formula of open world adventure based exploration gameplay with emphasized character development is closer to genre revolutionaries like the Ultima or Might & Magic than anything else really, sans party based gameplay, so even on that front it's more true to the "tenets" of the genre than something like Mass Effect or even DA.
Also, before anyone starts with choice and consequence, that "mechanic's" implementation has historically been closer to Fallout's karma system or Ultima's virtue system. So essentially the world reacting to your actions (however limited those reactions are) rather than Bioware style plot reacting (once again, very limitedly and basic) to your multiple choice answers. Even so, it's an absolute loving fad and total sham, because even non-RPGs use that obtuse design goal Of C&C.
Of course, this is meaningless because no one loving cares, but saying the TES series (and they're by a long shot not my favorite games in the slightest) is less RPG than the other mainstream offerings is ludicrous. There is no true classification of RPG, because that's stupid as gently caress and even the games that introduced the concept were are archaic and the victims of their limitations, as the genre still is.

Also dungeon crawlers aren't like the TES games at all. Look at stuff like Etryian Odyssey or Grimrock, those are dungeon crawlers, a very specific gamestyle that the TES games are because a single party character goes into a single level dungeon that he spends a fraction of his time in? Outside areas aren't even segmented like Diablo's glorified outdoor dungeons so it doesn't even work on that front.

The games are RPGs, don't start this "real" RPG or not garbage because there aren't any, as long as it's not something moronic like people calling Bioshock an RPG then it's totally irrelevant.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sacrifice is in my top 5 favorite games. Brilliant game. Fantastic, unfortunately dead multi.
Too bad late-game and the later single player missions are nigh uncontrollable clusterfucks.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Console sales are loving pathetic. Here's 5 bucks off a game that's still inexplicably 50 dollars months after release. There's no point to buying things on the store unless it's something that's immediately being released and you can preload it to play it as soon as possible.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BD's PC port is horrendous.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The first few chapters of The Evil Within on PS4 run like dogshit.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

NV story boring but FO3's is insanely bad and stupid and poorly written.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

RBA Starblade posted:

Fallout 3 managed that without invisible walls everywhere that wasn't giant piles of rubble in DC.

It's like a ten degree incline I think my guy in powered armor should be able to handle that.

No it didn't, practically everything was level scaled. Have fun peppering bullet sponge muties for 50 years.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

J-Spot posted:

It's not just too much content, it's too much boring low-effort content and it's just thrown in your face. I think they really wanted to get on the Skyrim bandwagon but completely missed the sense of freedom and discovery that Skyrim provides. In the process they also managed to wreck their own formula by mandating the player do a bunch of side activities to progress in the campaign, completely ruining any interest I might have had in the actual story.

DA's open world was worthless. The only reason I even beat the game was because of the duping bug and reselling those influence items to max out my influence.
That game would have been better if it was more like DA2 real talk. Just worthless wandering around with a crap crafting system.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Playing HotS made me realize how poo poo garbage most MOBA production values are, the game looks and feels a bazillion times better than anything else.
Also Smite is utter loving dreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The alternative of everything being cut off by giant mountains is bad too. Makes it feel cloistered and small. Latest DA sucked with this.