Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

FF: Stranger of Paradise:
Why is the special parry a Red Glow, if also the specific enemy attacks you Can Not Parry are also a Red Glow? This keeps loving me up. Please do not pair player/enemy glowing colors that actually have nothing to do with each other!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

FFVII Crisis Core Reunion has much improved graphics over the original PSP release. This is most obvious in the new character models, many of which I'd imagine are straight from FFVIIR, and things like really nice looking reflections, shading, hi-res textures etc.
However, like in many ports, the CG cutscenes are still like 360p and crunchy as poo poo - this isn't specifically my complaint though, since I'm pretty much always expecting that when it comes to old games getting ported... What I definitely didn't expect is that there are also cutscenes that used to be CG, were then completely redone with the new models and shading and all that good stuff, and then... compressed to hell so they wouldn't stand out amongst the other terrible looking CG cutscenes(?). At least that's the only halfway reasonable explanation I have, it could also be that those specific cutscenes also have tiny bits of old CG in them in which case yeah, it would all have to look just as bad. Just feels like a baffling thing to see.