Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Aphrodite posted:

It's the ultimate ice technique, Freezer Burn.

In the DS extra content, you can pretty well recreate the box art, barring the costume Marle is wearing in the box art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Well, this is going to be quite the change of subject, but let me talk about the X-Men Origins: Wolverine video game for a minute.

It's a ton of loving fun; it's brutal and visceral in its combat, it follows the story of the movie, but only in cutscenes and with visiting far cooler areas and doing way cooler poo poo (including a jungle where Logan and his squad did a mission umpteen years ago), and the combat is easy to get into, and rewarding, plus the Quick Kills are really cool. But there are only two or three Quick Kills for the different enemy types, and they're randomly selected when you activate them, so you can see the same one five or six times in a row.

In short, I'd like more Quick Kills.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Len posted:

I was thinking about goofy poo poo to sarcastically say people should RP during Fallout but then I just made myself sad that there isn't an episodic Quantum Leap game where each episode is a different genre as you try to help Sam leap his way home.

Holy poo poo, that would be awesome. I'd play the hell out of that game.

I've been playing Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines recently, and so far, my only thing dragging the game down is the wimpiness of the starting guns. I know it's just a .38 revolver, but c'mon, a bullet from that in the shoulder of me or you would nearly put us on our rear end, and would do a lot more than just stun us for a second.

I know, I know, it's a video game, but this is the irrational thread, and so I'm going to be irrational about this! <:mad:>

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I picked up Shadows of Mordor and while playing, it doesn't feel like my sword strikes have a lot of oomph behind them.

Edit: it's not killing the game for me, but I don't feel like I'm really hitting these Uruk with any kind of force. In the Arkham games, I knew I was breaking that guy's face. Here, it's a little meh on if I'm really hurting them.

Leave has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Dec 7, 2015

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

also it's the Arkham combat system except not quite as good, so your sword is basically Batman's punch and it doesn't really feel as brutal or stabby as a sword should. It does in fact feel like a weak punch most of the time.

This just about perfectly sums up what I feel when playing Shadows of Mordor. I'd also went to it fresh off Arkham Knight, so I was used to my freeflow combat feeling so brutal.

LeJackal posted:

not fighting anemics with a lightsaber.

I think I would enjoy a game with that as the basic premise.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I love Rogue Galaxy, but the weapon upgrading system and the factory are such tremendous pains in the rear end.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Thanks to this thread, the slight interest I had in DD is completely gone. If they ever fix their RNG bullshit, I might try it.

Even if they add an "easy" mode, where you can party up however and not get relentlessly hosed by the RNG, I'd try it.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Whoa, calm down, dev.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I loved The Darkness 2, with all the arcade shooter elements and bonuses to get you to use the executions and stuff, but the game itself isn't very long. I also ended up seeing the same animations a lot, which was kind of disappointing, because I would think if you have this angry mass of tentacles, they'd be more creative on how they butchered somebody.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Could you explain what that update changed and why it made things terrible?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Oh, gently caress you.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Remember, Digirat, the enemy gate is down.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Being cocky in Dark Souls is dangerous, too. While some traps can be avoided with quick movement, if you get to thinking that you've got a good idea of combat and know you can dominate every enemy, you'll run into trouble.

It's kind of a puzzle game in that you have to think, but don't think you know everything the game has to offer, and I think that's what new people have trouble with (myself included).

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

People acting like stupid assholes in this thread, what a surprise.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

That was always my personal theory. I saw what was done to those men; they're dead.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

What does MOBA stand for?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

The FF guy didn't whine about his sex life on all forms of social media, either.

Wait, what?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, but I heard his wife left.

Nah, she's still here.

I'm curious who the other person is. Azure Horizon was banned, for what it's worth. Was it Deceased Crab? I've heard about something where he's no longer around, but I don't know the details.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Because you have to, to progress in PVE.

What the gently caress kind of dumbass decision is that!?

:psyduck:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

...What the gently caress is Metal Gear Solid 5 about?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I somehow know less than I did before.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Wait, what!?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Nostradingus posted:

But I understand that's not a popular option with the minmaxing grognards who breeze through games with the optimal build or strategy or whatever, then complain that it's too easy.

I hate it when they complain about it being too easy, because of their build, and then you find out they only have that build because they looked it up. If you're going to bitch and you looked up the optimal build, then you're a loving whiny turd.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Man, XCOM seems really complicated.

Or not, unless you're some sort of dumbass who is being deliberately stupid.

Anyways, in Xenoverse 2, when performing a Strike Ultimate, sometimes your allies can knock your opponent out of it to hit them with a weaker attack.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

If I remember what Jake Soloman said, the divergence point is the Base Assault. In the XCOM2 timeline, the Commander fails at defending the base.

There you go. It's an alternate timeline, one that doesn't match up to what you did. It's not your mistakes that you're fixing, it's someone else's.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Why is there a stealth section in the Deadpool game? It's not very long or very difficult, but I'm here to be loud and shoot guns.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

1stGear posted:

Also, Roadhog says "I'm a one-man apocalypse."

No, no, it's better the other way.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

XIII was a really cool game and I thought David Duchovny did a very good job in his role as a voice actor. The comic book pages showing your stealth kills were super cool.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Another Resident Evil 4 thing: There's a sort of linear weapon progression in this game, where the weapons you can buy later are generally a bit better than the ones you can buy before, but if you keep upgrading some of the earlier guns, you can get something with kind of a different focus. Like for the handguns, you may prefer more power per shot from the Red9 or a higher volume of fire from the Blacktail, but they're both basically viable, or you can just keep using the handgun you start with and get a higher critical hit chance. If you stick with the bolt-action rifle instead of the semi-auto, you can get an absolutely crazy firepower upgrade for its exclusive. So instead of getting the ultimate shotgun (the striker) this time through I stuck with the intermediate one (the Riot Gun.) Except its exclusive upgrade is just... kind of underwhelming. Like it's supposedly a big firepower boost, but it's only 8.0 to 10.0, which is really no better than the Striker but without its giant ammunition pool. I guess there might be some hidden mechanics to it but as far as what the game tells you, it's a disappointment.

If I remember right, the Riot Shotgun has a quicker aim and turn, compared to the other two. The first shotgun is really strong, and the Striker holds a ton of loving shells (only 100!), but the Riot Shotgun can whip up and around like nobody's business.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Genre: Nudity, Action, Indie

:stonk:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

The thing about Timesplitters 2 on Hard, though, is that it's entirely doable, just a massive pain in the rear end. I think it requires that old-school gaming mindset of, "gently caress you, deal with some bullshit", though.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Dark side in KotoR 1 is better because you're practically twirling your mustache with every dialog option and choice.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Action Tortoise posted:

Dynasty Warriors are the basic type involving Chinese historical figures. Samurai Warriors are appropriately the Japanese variant but from the gameplay I've seen they require some more "strategy" than DW. And yeah there are some popular franchises that take well to the hack em up nature of the gameplay, like DW Gundam or Dragon Quest Heroes.

I want a DBZ Heroes game. I think I'm alone in that, though.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

In Arkham City, you could knock bad guys off of buildings, and I'm pretty sure a forty foot fall (while unconscious, to boot), is going to kill you. Especially after I slammed those gauntlet spikes into your face.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

As I recall the game actually did everything in its power to prevent enemies from falling off high ledges. At the very least I remember trying it the few times you're forced to deal with dudes on rooftops and they would hit an invisible wall at the edge. Not that I'm saying it's impossible.

I know it's more prominent in Arkham Knight, the invisible wall, but I think it was really rare in City. I can only remember it happening once.

It's not like the Spider-Man 2 game, the movie one, where you can piledrive random mooks off of the top of the Empire State building.

To actually be on topic here, I don't like the lack of reload animations in Turok 2. I know the original game didn't have them, but I always find it satisfying to slap a new magazine into your pistol after blowing off some jerk's head.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Jesus, Riddler, shut the gently caress up.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

And that's why I'll never get GTA5.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

In Fallout 3's dlc you get on a working tram at one point. The engine can't actually do that though, so what actually happens is you step into a tram that's really a gigantic hat on an extremely tiny man, who runs along a set path at the same time the AI walks your character along at an increased move speed.

I...I honestly don't know if this is a joke or not.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Dammit, Persona 5, if you're not going to let me do anything at night, just send me straight to bed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

I am pretty sure you can't make lockpicks after sending the card because Morgana talks about your big day tomorrow and after sending the card the Palace is at perpetual 99% and pretty much locks you into the final floor.

You can do it. He comments on you making tools for the next day.