Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Cleretic posted:

There are both gold and silver body paint outfits for her. It's her whole body, including hair and clothes, although not the eyes.

Think the lady from Goldfinger, except Quiet doesn't die from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Thin Privilege posted:

He also seems to have a creepy crush on boss.

I take it you've never played MGS3 or 4 then?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I think they go over why Ocelot is very low key compared to usual. This is a big spoiler for the ending of the game.

The cassette you get after mission 46 includes a conversation between the real Big Boss and Ocelot where the latter reveals that he's going to have to hypnotize himself into forgetting about the real Big Boss in order to help set in the lie for Venom. Despite that, it's very likely that Ocelot still subconsciously knew that something was off and that Venom was not the man he fell in love with back in Tselinoyarsk. I think Code Talker even says it, or at least implies it, that Ocelot is depressed and heartbroken over having to let go of Big Boss.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

Dont use the awful lock on launchers. Use the not Carl-G or the RPG you get for free. The range on the lockon. is too short.

The CGM is a lock on launcher but if you're good at blind firing, you're basically blind firing 5 rockets at once. :colbert:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

There's also another disguise right across from that Sneaking Suit that makes it really easy to go around the Shagohod Hangar, so it's really not to your benefit to quick travel with Box B unless you're really good at planting C3 in that hangar and don't need the Sneaking Suit.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Let's talk about enemy bouncing in platformers, specifically Donkey Kong Country. I think Mario's had the right idea for years where you gain more height off enemy bounces when you hold down the jump button upon contact. The DKC series has it so that you gain height if you press jump when you make contact instead, which is kind of annoying because it doesn't feel consistent. DKCR has a neat feature in Diddy's jetpack, where if you have Diddy with you, you can press the jump button mid-air to hover and give you some more air control, which is generally nice. What isn't nice though is if you have Diddy, you need to bounce off an enemy to gain enough height to nab a collectible and you press the jump button just a split second too early above the enemy so you hover instead of bounce. At that point, it's too late to do the bounce, so if you needed that jump, then tough luck.

On a slightly different note, level 1-K can go gently caress itself for demanding precision platforming and requiring successful enemy bounce sequences for completion. At least it's really easy to farm lives and banana coins on that level.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

My Lovely Horse posted:

As far as I know they specifically do that sort of thing to sell guides. Like, in the old days when video game mags had cheat sections (when there were video game mags period :() and you'd see stuff like "for a level select press this 16 step nonrepeating button combo while plugged in port 2" and you'd go "who on earth stumbled across that"; most likely given to the mag by the publisher, either as a review aid or to generate some buzz.

I dunno, to be honest, I think I'd argue that stuff like level select codes are leftover debug tools that the developers used to skip straight to new levels to test them or test other objects that you can't just skip straight to. Games way back in the day were so tightly packed that removing functions and features, even unused ones, could be disastrous so it was a lot safer to ship with the debug tools hidden away by some secret combination known only to the developers, which were then sold to magazines and the like to generate sales. That's what I think, anyway.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The final drop in the final mission is just fuuuuuucked to hell and back. It is totally possible to complete it co-op, I've done it twice, but both times there was a lot of bullshit trying to figure out what the hell happened and how to get around it. I don't know exactly what I did but maybe if you restart from checkpoint, everything works fine? I have no clue, it's the worst loving thing.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

People circlejerk Bethesda being bad all the time in this thread, this really shouldn't have been a surprise.

My contribution is about levels in platformers where you need a certain power up to get a secret/collectible, such as Diddy Kong in DKCR or Fire Kirby in any given Kirby game, but the only place to get said power up is at the beginning of the level and the secret is right at the end of the level, forcing you to basically do a perfect run of the level. Yeah, yeah, the answer to this is "git gud scrub," but you can't tell me that it's not frustrating to come to the end of a level and you see an obvious secret that you can't reach because you weren't playing super carefully because you didn't have the foresight to know that there was a secret at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The difficulty in that fight comes with fighting two guys at once. Solo, O&S aren't nearly as threatening, so Solaire's good to at least distract someone while you work on the other.