Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Been playing a lot of games lately.

- Arkham Origins: The sound effects are terrible, and not being able to use skins on your first playthrough is really bad. Some of these skins won't be available to you until you have done nearly everything there is to do. Completely inane.

- The Evil Within: Shoddy stealth mechanics that are thrown out of the window as packs of monsters appear at least 3-5 times a chapter. Dangerously close to being unable to complete bosses if you aren't overly stingy with ammo or can't maneuver into using partner/environmental traps.

- Shadow of Mordor: A story that polarizes... if you don't care about LOTR, this game will not change it. If you like LOTR, you will think the story is really bad. This game is a lot of fun, though. The Elf wraith stuff could've been excised from the game entirely. Just give me a regular bow. I don't like to do ghost hits, I'd rather the "flurry" combo after the stun be just as cool as Batman's ridiculous long combo. I hate all the loving things having to do with sharing a body with a goddamn ghost elf in this game. Not a fan of Tolkien, I just think it's stupid and makes Talion's moveset seem smaller than it is.

- Tomb Raider: (the newest, grimy Uncharted ripoff one) I have a high tolerance for QTE. What is the point of a QTE that kills you when you fail, but if you fail, you start off at that exact QTE? In this case, couldn't it just be a movie?

- Alien: Isolation: The motion tracker lies.

- Black Flag: Nobody cares about the Animus stuff. Please stop loving doing this. You are doing something cool, and get to break immersion and drive the pacing to a goddamn stand still while you walk around a big metacommentary on how hard it is to be a video game designer. gently caress you, Ubi Soft.

Firstborn has a new favorite as of 07:31 on Oct 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Sorry, the Animus stuff is pretty loving bad. rear end Creed thinks it's a little too clever. The only really good things rear end Creed has going for it is smooth freerunning and cool time periods.

Playing as Adam Sandler in what looks like Deux Ex: HR isn't fun or interesting.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
RE: Sniper Elite silenced weapons being better and available by default.

I remember when I played MGSV through, the tranq pistol is the best and silenced and "kills" in one headshot (you can kidnap enemies and force them to work for you), and there's a bajillion loud lovely guns to unlock but no reason to kill anyone because of the Pokeman aspect of collecting soldiers. Then people flock to the internet to relay that it's a commentary on the futility or war or some poo poo. It probably is because Kojima is a freak genius, but I always thought it was so unnecessarily obtuse.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Action Tortoise posted:

Nah B, Kojima is a milsperg and has never been happier with shoving in every gun he possibly can as long as it's accurate to the era (and even then he'll forego historical accuracy with being loving cool). It's been that way since MGS4.

Also the SKULLS pretty much require you to research lethal weapons since they're built like brick shithouses. You can stamina kill them but more often not you're gonna die if you're in a real fight with them since they always hunt in packs.

While this is somewhat true if you're doing the event fob or something, there's always a way to cheese the skulls. You can actually gas them, use turrets, sneak past them. I'm trying to think of a time you had to straight up fight them and coming up blank.
Youtube is rife with "easy way to beat skull unit" videos. That being said I play it the same way I do all stealth games: when found, I'm going loud. You don't want to find Snake.

There was a guy on youtube who had insane videos where he would drop tanks on people and stuff, but can't seem to remember his name now.

E: His videos were seriously impressive. He knew the AI inside and out and did hilarious stuff. I'll find it.

Firstborn has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Jul 1, 2017

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Found it. Dude's name is BIGSARU.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jdS8Wc9kCw&t=2s

Check out the videos in his channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, I'm a MGS fan, and I enjoyed 4 as well. I just thought the comments about a silenced pistol being the best thing ever gave me TPP flashbacks.
Anywho, check out BIG SARU. His gaming of the mechanics is impressive.