Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

kazil posted:

A recent Terraria patch added fishing to the game.

No video game ever has benefited from having fishing in it. Fishing is a boring as gently caress chore and has no place in video games.

Okami had a pretty good fishing minigame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Xenogears is a really loving good JRPG, which is a genre of games I usually have a bit of trouble getting into. It's probably my favorite, I really dig the story, insane as it can get. But Disc 2 is kind of lovely. In a JRPG where I actually enjoy the gameplay, I would have liked there to be more of that in the last ten hours of the game rather than long plot summarizations and cutscenes. On one hand, they couldn't really do anything about it for budget reasons, but on the other hand, goddammit man learn how to manage your budgets.

The reason I often hear why Disc 2 was such a mess is because Xenogears was being developed alongside Final Fantasy 8, and Square transferred staff and resources to FF8.

The biggest travesty is that some of the Xenogears staff made their own studio (Monolith Soft) and released the Xenosaga games, got bought by Nintendo and SE has been sitting on the Xenogears name for no goddamn reason so we'll never have that sweet sweeping six game mech game epic.

(I should pick up Xenoblade since I heard it's good and I like giant robots).

PS The Tower of Babel's platforming drags Xenogears down.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Off-topic but somewhat related. I'm going to start Revengeance soon, is it best with a controller for the PC or mouse and keys? Also what's the best way to use DS3 with steam?

The controller is the best option, in my opinion. Download the Xbox 360 controller drivers and Better DS3 and it should work.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Judge Tesla posted:

Arkham Asylum and City operate in the same way the censored dubs of Dragonball Z did, even if you get hurled into space, or blown into a billion pieces, you are only knocked out, or sent to another dimension, but never killed!

Batman is secretly Goku.

:nolan:
:goku:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Thing dragging games down is me and also Capcom. I wish Megaman.ExE was more popular so it didn't have to stay as a GBA spinoff series. I want a Kirby game skinned like a MegaMan one. There's so many Cross Soul forms in there, and honestly I was never really a fan of Classic or X style side scrolling stuff to want to get one of the games myself.

There was a Battle Network game for the GameCube that was a sidescroller. It was OK, and it had Zero.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

The original Halo still holds up today, the thing dragging it down for me has always been the assault rifle. Probably the most iconic weapon in the whole series and it's always felt extremely unsatisfying to shoot in all its iterations. Like I'm just spraying pepper at enemies without any actual bullets.

Imagine not using the Halo 1 pistol.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Metroid Federation Force was hated on release because it was a spinoff to a series that hadn't seen a proper game in nine years. Nobody would have cared were it made in the franchise's heydey, like the pinball and multiplayer spinoffs, but it failed to read the room and promptly tanked. It also didnt help that the character of Samus Aran was again handled in an embrassing manner.

Federation Force would've been infinitely better if it was a Republic Commando-style FPS.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

Then again we'll see if DeS remake has that staying power since it's still the same game, for better and worse.

What drags down most remakes for me is they're the same game with a fresh coat of paint. DeS remake with new stuff added and cut content restored (such as the sixth Archstone) would be nice, but I feel like it's too faithful.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

The heretofore unknown #blessed picture/Weird Headline combo

There's a baby elephant in that picture? I don't see it.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Last of Us 2 gave us some funny memes, so it has that going?

https://i.imgur.com/N3soEkg.mp4

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Len posted:

Someone designed Matador and thought "let's put him here"

That's a funny way of spelling Mot.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Nocturne is Pokémon for insane people.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Pokémon is Nocturne for insane people.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

christmas boots posted:

There are smithing mods for Skyrim and one of them gives you the option to melt down all of your coins and turn them into gold ingots which has no actual in-game advantage but I love doing it anyway

There's also mods that let you pay blacksmiths to make/upgrade your stuff and have wizards enchant your stuff/recharge your enchantment batteries.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Halo Infinite charges 10 dollars for pineapples. Meanwhile, I can go to the store and get them for a couple dollars a fruit.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

wrong thread

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Were people asking for non lethal options in the game about shooting Hitler in the balls with a howitzer?

I want a non-lethal to shoot Hitler in the balls.

So he can get up and I can do it again.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Playing Hitman Absolution, and it's fascinating at how this game was set up as a reboot to the series, only to then get unrebooted. It's linear with an emphasis on a crass, lovely plot, when the series always succeeded as a sandbox with a lightweight story. It makes me think of all those other ill-fated reboots in the Seventh-Gen.

I always thought Absolution was supposed to be a third Kane and Lynch game that ended up being retooled into a Hitman game.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

A minor thing that drags Monster Hunter: Rise for me is that you can't seem to get a jet black color for the hair of your character, Palico, or Palamute. The best you can get is a very dark gray.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

In the New Orleans level, you cannot use alligators to kill Nazis. That's disappointing.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Does anyone is Far Cry 6 ever say something like "pretty crazy someone nuked Montana a few years ago" ?

One of the DLCs implies that Pagan Min, from the fourth game, is the one who has nukes targeting Montana.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

bossy lady posted:

Something similar to this kind of drove me crazy in Resident evil 8. A mysterious, isolated, eastern european village where everyone sounds like they're from columbus, ohio.

That's because RE8 actually takes place in Ohio.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

Hitman 1 maps don't have any native accents, outside of targets maybe? I also think they reused some guard dialogue from Hitman: Absolution, because I occasionally hear voice actor Steve Blum in those H1 maps when he is only credited with the earlier game. Hitman 2 had Columbia and India and they definitely recruited more VAs for those. Hitman 3 added more for China (but not people mainly for Dubai and Germany).

Of course, they mix it up, so you can find a British guy working the coca field in Santa Fortuna, Columbia. Richard Wilson standing behind the BBQ in Whittleton Creek, US of A, was clearly born in South America. And the guard with the Boston accent is just everywhere.

The Wilsons are meant to be an I Love Lucy reference, hence Richard's accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yeah, the seeds were definitely there, it just leaned so far into the cornball stuff and it really worked.

That's actually my favorite part, the voice is so distinctively a great character who was basically the antithesis of Wisdom :allears:

There is wisdom in kicking your enemies off a cliff.