Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
When you're the the top half of a severed head attached to a robot body having one of your few remaining organic components destroyed just plain sucks, especially considering he already had the ability to have auxiliary inputs (like the drone he's riding at the beginning of the first post-tutorial mission) plugged directly into his optic nerve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I think the big Les Miserables movie from a few years ago is why a bunch of games coming out now have musical numbers since games love to copy whatever is big in movies at the time. I know that the people making FFXV wanted to re-do the game as a musical after they saw it but their bosses wouldn't let them because by that time they had been working on that one game for roughly as long as it took for the entire Mass Effect trilogy to be released.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Austrian mook posted:

I'm so loving done with poker.

I've put over a hundred hours into Fallout: New Vegas over the years but I still don't know how to play caravan.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

moosecow333 posted:

Shadow of Mordor is a really great game, but the fact that you can't skip the company logos at the beginning of the game is really annoying. Sure, it's only a couple extra seconds of my time, but after seeing them for the 40th time they get really old.

I think this has to do with rights agreements, some proprietary tech is cheaper to use if you put the logo in the opening of your game or they'll give you extra support in exchange for it.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

JebanyPedal posted:

No it isn't, it's just right. You can say whatever retarded poo poo you want but when it comes down to it the first games that did this poo poo already realized what is the most intuitive, most basic, least difficult to understand method. Everything else is just everyone desperately trying to look more informed but then they say dumb poo poo about convention but can't name a single game that helped define the mechanic in the first place lmao.

I disagree.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Going into the graphics setting and having some options progress from "Low > High", other go "Low > Medium > High", and one or two go "Low > Medium > High > Very High" with no way of knowing aside from messing with every single setting.

Also it's the year 2015, at the very least your game should auto-detect the native resolution the first time you run it.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
KotOR 2 is really uneven even in its restored state, for every clever subversion of Star Wars you get lesbian twilek bounty hunters straight off of :tvtropes: or yet another dungeon that exists for no reason other than to be a dungeon.

I got Gat Out Of Hell and a big letdown is the lack of cutscenes. Aside from the opening and ending almost all of the cinematics are just narration over storybook illustrations or gameplay footage, and considered thay they marketed the game with a fully-animated and voice acted musical it's pretty disappointing. There's also a ton of recycling, there are no traditional missions and most of the activities are the same insurance fraud/mayhem activities you've been doing for 4 games and aside from the 7 deadly sins weapons the guns are just recycled from 4 and 3 only in a coat of devil paint.

It's still fun but I would have rather had a few actual proper missions instead of a bunch of padding.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Jobbo_Fett posted:

gently caress Gat out of Hell

I was having a lot of fun with it until MASSIVE SPOILERS

Clearing out all the zones/sub-sections of the map gives you a cutscene showing off how you freed the land and poo poo but they also visually tease you and hint at an upcoming war between "The Ultor Alliance: Vogel, Twins, Vlad, Blackbeard and Shakespeare" VS The Akujis, Killbane, The Samedis. I'm pumped! Boss on Boss action in some super bonus campaign mission? Totally digging it.

So the game gives you a mission called "Shawarma" and I immediately beeline for the mission and start it up. Game goes into a cutscene, talking about the uprising and the war that erupted then IMMEDIATELY TELLS YOU YOU WON. The war is over, Ultor Alliance won and the other guys lost. It's not even a real cutscene like the Disney song, just the lovely rear end page turning stuff. They had the coolest hook, the best excuse and some of the most memorable characters then garbage the whole idea within 2 minutes. Why?!

The only other stand-alone DLC I've played is Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and it had the exact same problem, the final boss fight that they spent the entire game hyping up happens in three frames of animation during a cutscene after a rail shooter level and then it ends.

Maybe they just shouldn't make these things story driven if they can't afford to have an actual story :shrug:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

princecoo posted:

This is a weird one, but the little thing dragging Fable III down for me is the fact it puts me to sleep.

I'm not being a smart-rear end. I'm being quite literal. I've never played the original Fable, but I picked up Fable 2 and really enjoyed it. So, when Fable 3 came out I snapped it up ASAP.

I've still never finished it. My wife has though. But it's weird, I like the game. I enjoy playing Fable 3. But after half an hour to an hour of playing, my eyes are heavy and on several occasions I've straight up just fallen asleep on the couch, mid gameplay. It's a serious problem. I know it sounds weird, but I swear it's true.

I can't explain it. It's never happened with any other game, ever, before or since. It just seems that Fable 3 is, to me specifically, the perfect insomnia cure. Literally!

Just to make it perfectly clear, once and for all: I honestly think Fable 3 is a good game, and fun to play. I just can't play it for longer than an hour without straight up passing the gently caress out as if I've not slept in 3 days and spent the day running around the block.

I still don't understand the thought process behind Fable 3. Fable is a game series whose biggest gimmick was having your character change and grow based on how you played and in 3 they got rid of that entirely and instead just used a single universal experience point and locked all your abilities behind the storyline progression.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

aerion111 posted:

It's not always about being the good guy.
In other stealth games, the 'nonlethal' playthrough is generally harder, so some people might consider it 'sloppy' to kill, since if you were good at the game you could just do it non-lethally - heck, some protagonists pretty much say as much (particularly pre-4 Thief games)
Heck, people complained about no non-lethal option in Deus Ex too - but in that case the producers didn't change anything.

He has no idea what he's talking about, developers added non-lethal options because it was a feature that popped up a lot when people talked about the game online and somehow he twisted that into some :goonsay: about casuals ruining gaming.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
In a perfect world the guy whore writes the snarky descriptions for Assassin's Creed and the guy who writes the snarky descriptions for Far Cry would enter a snark-off and give each other a lethal case of snark poisoning so the world would be spared their aggravating and unnecceasary attempts at humor.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Maybe it's because I listen to his X-Files podcast but Kumail Nanjiani voicing a character in The Walking Dead Season 2 totally took me out of the game for a few minutes because he has such a distinctive voice and it didn't match his character at all. Which is a shame because independent of that he was pretty funny and had some great lines.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Alhazred posted:

Croc's Lair in Arkham Asylum is incredible annoying. It's a sewer level where you have to walk slowly around in a maze where there's an enemy who can one-hit kill you.

You can use the line launcher to zip around quickly without actually touching the ground.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Anatharon posted:

Drakengard 3 admitting you have terrible sections of gameplay does not excuse it.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon was terrible about this too. There was plenty of humor in the game without layering a bunch of forced ironic "Haha aren't arbitrary collectibles and unskippable tutorials so bad? Now sit through this unskippable tutorial and collect 20 VHS tapes :razz:" commentary.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lotish posted:

When it's only optional if you don't want to unlock/upgrade stuff that is expected for game advancement? Like, if you don't find the TVs, you can never make the shotgun awesome. And you must make the shotgun awesome because until the D2 from FC4 it was the best shotgun in gaming. :hellyeah:

In BD that didn't drag things down for me so much because it's really easy to identify where all the collectibles you want are and beeline straight for them.

To rub it in every time you grab a collectible Rex will make a quip like "Why am I collecting this crap?!" or "I'm collecting poo poo to unlock poo poo that I buy with more poo poo, how the gently caress does that work?!" or "At least I'm not collecting feathers."

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Bastion and Transistor feel like they came out in the wrong order. It would make a lot more sense for their first game to be the one with the sloppy and over-ambitious narrative and dull gameplay and then the second one be the one with the tight and responsive gameplay and storytelling whose reach doesn't exceed its grasp.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

JebanyPedal posted:

Its writing tries desperately to be vague and insinuating but there's no heft or substance behind the little that is said or revealed.
Sparse films like Eraserhead work because the symbolism and visual imagery are so deeply entwined into the narrative that it's very easy to sense subtext and depth even if you don't immediately understand it. The narrative has a backbone instead of just stylized flourishes.
Transistor is 90% going through samey areas and listening to obtuse dialogue while fighting enemies. There is no real meat to it. It's empty and airy. The writing doesn't say a lot with a little, it only exists to accomplish a certain atmosphere and vibe but that can't be all you have.
Stories like 2001 are powerful despite being vague and not very verbose, but Transistor is just not very powerful or compelling beyond its basic aura.

Transistor is basically The Zybourne Clock only with circuits instead of steam and the "Hold it, buster!" girl as the protagonist.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Gestalt Intellect posted:

In bastion the moral of the story is that everyone just wants to genocide everyone, which you learn while genociding everyone.

I like how at the end if you choose to rescue Zulf there's the one guy who still fires on you even after everybody else has stopped.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

CJacobs posted:

Did some quick research and apparently they patched it out, thank god, but don't worry, Deus Ex: The Fall is still laughably bad in basically every other way to make up for it. It's still nauseating, just not physically nauseating.

I thought it was fine for what it is. Yeah the graphics are downgraded and everything's a little janky from being a pc port of a tablet game based on a pc game but at the end of the day it's an entire hub's worth of Human Revolution content. If you really enjoyed HR it's gone on sale for as low as $2, that's totally worth 5-10 hours of content.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Ryoshi posted:

Because it was made by Bungie a lot of people expected it to be some kind of magical supergame that would render all other games immediately obsolete

This was bolstered by the fact that since most of the internet has dogshit reading comprehension skills they thought that it was going to be some billion-dollar uber game when it was just that Activision had budgeted out an entire decade's worth of sequels and spinoffs.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Szurumbur posted:

The Walking Dead: Season 2 -overall I like the game more that Season 1, but I remember reading something about how the different main character would make a difference in game, but there's no apparent downside to Clementine being a kid - she's got infinite stamina, can hack away at zombies with the same strength that the adults have, she's wise beyond her years and everyone wants to get on her good side. Hell, her small size makes her a better stealth fighter and explorer than adults. And of course whenever something critical has to be done it's Clementine's time to shine.

I like her, and when it comes to the TWD world her being a kid should make no difference - you're either capable or you're not and all that - but there were supposed to be some character underestimating you or trying to outwit you because you're a child and so far the only thing I can notice is that everyone is very honest with her.

I'm only halfway through the episode 4, so maybe that changes later.

Season 2's thesis seems to be that Clementine is some kind of zombie post-apocalypse ubermensch and the stuff that you're doing as her is supposed to shape whether she grows up into a humanist leader or a cold isolated survivalist.

Only they really shove it in your face over and over, to the point where having yet another adult monologue to you about how special you are or the game having Clementine making a :catstare: face whenever she does something mean is comical rather than effective.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

CJacobs posted:

I disagree. I would say that they are poorly written, but not bad by any stretch. Homecoming and Downpour are heralded as the worst Silent Hill games but they still have a coherent story with an interesting twist. The sacrificial nature of the Shepherd's Glen founding families is really cool and the game explores it in a way that is in-depth and interesting; the player learns early on who the founding families are and it's easy to discern what their forms of sacrifice were, but they keep it vague enough that you can't just guess the whole story until you see the various members get their comeuppance. Despite my complaint about it not taking place in Silent Hill, probably my favorite thing about Homecoming's story is that it's self-contained. They don't drag in elements from other games in the series that don't have to be there like 4 did. The rumor that 4 was a separate horror game first and Silent Hill second is false but it may as well have been true, just because everything came with an added "oh by the way remember Silent Hill" on the end.

The way the story wraps around on itself at the end (depending on what ending you get anyway) is awesome and none of the other games in the series do it that way. It brings itself to the logical conclusion of Alex either a) escaping his own demons and his family's or b) becoming a part of the curse and being sacrificed and doesn't overstay its welcome. They took a plot twist that would've been commonplace if you played Silent Hill 2 (Alex kills family member, sets off the plot of the game) and made it into something interesting and unique. Most of the Silent Hill fans who played the game were so mad about their misuse of ol' Pyramid Head that they did not stop to consider that the story itself is actually pretty good (though the execution might be a bit lacking).

I guess what I mean to say is that neither game is particularly good but Homecoming is really, really not as bad as people give it poo poo for.

Plus, Downpour and Homecoming are the only two games in the entire series where a character sees the crazy Silent Hill poo poo happen and goes "AAAAH WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON" instead of mumbling to themselves about how strange it all is.

Yeah, the core storyline and the ending twist were both just fine. I'm sure that if you had all the dialogue written and translated by non-native English speakers and read by whatever random Americans they were able to get their hands on like the classic games most hardcore Silent Hill fans would be praising it.

Oxxidation posted:

right down to a number of art assets being outright traced from LOST character portraits

This makes it pretty true to the IP then, since the original Silent Hill lifted a lot of its characters and locations from random movies and actors since they were a small team of Japanese dudes making a game set in America and that was their only reliable source of reference material in the late 90s.

Kaufman is literally just Michael Madsen and the elementary school is composited from the sets of Kindergarten Cop, for example.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

mycot posted:

This is amazing.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Just a tip to To The Moon, if you want to tell a serious emotional story about life and death maybe don't frame it with two bumbling assholes who keep spouting Street Fighter and Dr. Who references every five minutes. It's like they watched Eternal Sunshine For The Spotless Mind and thought that Elijah Wood's creepy panty-sniffing nerdlinger should be the protagonist.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I still haven't gotten around to playing To The Moon, but I have to say it's shuffled a long way down my backlog now. I have this weird opinion that there were games with good stories before 2011 so I'm afraid it'll seem even worse by comparison.

Pretty much every major story-driven indie game has this problem where it has a huge army of fanboys shouting its praises before it even comes out and it's priced so high that no skeptical person is willing to drop $10-$20 on a glorified cutscene so you don't really get any honest, critical feedback until it inevitably goes on sale or hits a Humble Bundle 6 months later.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

1stGear posted:

Bethesda doesn't actually make good RPG's, they make decent dungeon crawlers.

You've found it, the one thing more insufferable than people arguing about whether or not something is "real" sci-fi.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

CJacobs posted:

I'm just quoting this from the previous page for posterity's sake because a real person actually said that an RPG is not a game in which you should be roleplaying, without a hint of self-awareness

Sorry about your stockholm syndrome for lovely outdated game design.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Inco posted:

After playing a little bit of Hotline Miami 2, some things are sticking in my craw.

The plot is extremely disjointed and incredibly hard to follow, with events taking place in 1991, 1989, inside someone's head because they're delusional, inside someone's head because they're asleep, and on a movie set (which might be inside someone's head? I don't loving know). It's all ultra-complex and I don't give a poo poo about what's going on. I'm just finishing levels because I want to hit people with lead pipes and baseball bats, which is fine enough for me.

Hotline Miami was a game that trolled players by putting the "real" ending behind a bunch of tedious hidden collectibles only for the ending to be total bullshit that the game outright states doesn't matter and was just an excuse to kill people. I actually enjoyed the story in 2 because it seemed to continue in that vein, instead of giving big answers or building a plot around the crazy alternate universe/cult stuff it's a bunch of moody disjointed side stories with no real purpose other than to give you an excuse to kill more people.

Storywise, one thing dragging HLM2 down for me is that goddam rape scene that the internet has spent the past year arguing about. Considering how brief, out-of-nowhere, and inconsequential it is it seemed to exist for no reason other than to drum up controversy, which is a pretty lovely thing for someone as cool and real as Cactus.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Maybe, maybe not.

There's some tie-in comic for the Arkham game series and it made it pretty clear he was dead...even had his body get cremated.

But granted, in a world with literal magic life-restoring water beneath the city all this takes place in, it's not outside the realm of possibility he lives.

But at the very least, I expect the focus/main villain of Arkham Knight to not be The Joker for the third time, even if he shows up to say hello.

Hamill said that the only reason he voiced the Joker in City after retiring from the role after Asylum was because they promised that they were killing Joker off for good in that series and the game could be his big send-off for voicing the character. It would be really lovely for them to do that to him and then bring Joker back from the dead with a new voice.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Austrian mook posted:

They put an option at the beginning of the game to turn off all instances of implicit sexual assault so I don't understand what the problem is? It's Hotline Miami, the whole point is that it's hyper-violent so I don't understand how an implicit rape is any worse than brutally gouging somebodies eyes out especially when there's a non-intrusive option for anyone who'd be seriously put off by such a thing.

If you actually read my post you'd see that I wasn't complaining about the rape itself, I was complaining about how it didn't contribute anything to the game and was really obviously them just trying to be controversial.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

RyokoTK posted:

This entire conversation should just be put to bed because you could literally say the exact same thing about the brutal violence in both Hotline Miami games, but as Gestalt Intellect said earlier, it's a complicated subject that really totally does not belong in this thread.

The first game was all about violence and it used it to great effect for both its narrative and its atmosphere. Hotline Miami is like the poster child of "show, don't tell" storytelling in games, which is why a lot of people are disappointed by the more straightforward narrative in 2.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

DStecks posted:

I'm really not sure how people come away from Hotline Miami, a game about being a literally insane murderer on a chaotic killing spree, and say "this dumb game is too chaotic and unpredictable!" Sometimes you just get hosed by the RNG, which is why the game lets you reload immediately with no penalty or load time.

The game isn't about figuring out the one correct route, it's about zoning out and reacting moment to moment and just going for it. It's not Hitman.

The difference is that Hotline Miami 1 had much more controlled chaos; it mostly used levels made of small rooms and hallways so you were always aware of your surroundings and made progress in reasonably-sized chunks so you could experiment and go with the flow, and if you got stuck or needed to shake things up the weapon drops were randomized and you could pick what mask you used so it was never the same thing twice.

Hotline Miami 2 has levels that are big and open areas with a few smaller rooms within them, and the open areas are often larger than you can see even if you move the camera around so a lot of the gameplay comes down to rote trial-and-error memorization of where the enemies with guns are so don't get sniped from the other side of the level by a grunt you can't even see. And then HM2 even further limits you by restricting your weapon loadouts to the characters the game assigns for each level, and then later in the game populating the levels with large numbers of enemies that are immune to melee weapons or guns and filling levels with windows that enemies can see and shoot through.

Or, to put it more simply:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

RyokoTK posted:

Somewhat related, the amount of times I would trade kills with a dude in Hotline Miami 2 is appalling. The bullets travel too fast to reliably dodge, but not fast enough to shoot a guy before he is able to at least shoot back at you a lot of the time. And then you're both dead. In the last few levels each floor has like fifteen enemies with guns and probably every third attempt at a level would end in a traded kill.

Now that I've finished HM2 I feel comfortable never playing it again until the level builder comes out. Which is too bad because the soundtrack is so loving good and the story isn't a masterpiece but it's compelling enough. The level design just isn't good and doesn't really account for the game's mechanics that well, and that really drags the game down for me. The game is worth playing through once, though, if only because the last level is very, very good.

The best description of HM2's gameplay that I've seen is that it feels like one of those trollish romhacks like Kaizo Mario that's intentionally designed to push the game and player to their limits, only the actual engine just isn't good enough to actually offer that degree of high-precision gameplay without tons of bullshit deaths and frustration.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lord Lambeth posted:

You can pick up a digital copy on Origin

It's bad enough that EA killed the studio that made it and didn't provide any support after release, they didn't need to keep it off Steam and tie it to their lovely Steam wanna-be as well :argh:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

joshtothemaxx posted:

Also complaining about controls for a souls game is ridiculous. They have the tightest controls of virtually any action rpg I've ever played.

The controls are abysmal for a platformer, however.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I recently got Valkyria Chronicles and while it's way better than a strategy game about teenagers fighting in Anime WWII has any right being one annoying design oversight is that when you're placing your units before a battle it doesn't show the placement of enemy units until you actually start the level, which means half the time you'll go to the trouble of placing your units only to have to immediately restart when you see what the actual level is like. While I appreciate the game's use of a minimalistic overhead 2d map it would be nice to do an actual flythrough of the level beforehand so you know when a rock formation is going to get in the way of your snipers or that the enemy tanks are closer to one camp than another.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

RBA Starblade posted:

Barriers to parts of the world are fine, but when your barriers are "high level enemies" and you put it next to the very start of the game and you then design the map to be so open that they can wander in and murder npcs (and you) with nothing able to stop them, the solution is to redesign the map, not putting up invisible walls. Though my particular complaint was I kept hitting walls that were there for no reason at all other than to make you take a longer route. No enemies or anything in the way, I just had to go several minutes around a thing instead of over the thing I was already at the top of but not allowed to move forward through.

Look, the awful Q&A in New Vegas was 100% Bethesda's fault and Obsidian was totally blameless.

-computer BSOD's five minutes into Pillars of Eternity, after getting around the bug with a bunch of obscure console commands all character bonuses are lost forever because you double-clicked on your inventory-

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Ryoshi posted:

The intro to Majora's Mask is dumb and boring as hell.

Oh look, a cool new town brimming with life to put the towns in OoT to shame! Let me just see if there are any side quests I can do and--

NO gently caress YOU YOU ARE A BUSH

Okay, so I just need to do a series of completely unrelated tasks to get to the clock tower. Cool, I did it in less than a day and a half, now I can get on with the real game and-

NO gently caress YOU WAIT UNTIL ITS OPEN OR DANCE WITH A SCARECROW OR SOMETHING gently caress YOU

Fine I'll go dance with the scarecrow. Still there has to be SOMETHING to do in this shithole, they can't seriously expect you to literally burn time until the door op-

gently caress YOU BUSH PERSON

I find it so weird that so many people praise Nintendo for supposedly carrying the torch of classic gameplay-driven games when they're guilty of some of the worst unskippable opening sequences in the name of plot. See also: the crappy stealth sequence in Wind Waker, being stuck as a wolf in Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy having like 30 minutes of unskippable cutscenes and tutorials, etc.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

muscles like this? posted:

I've been replaying Saints Row 4 on the PS4 and its amazing how lackluster the radio is. I'm not sure the actual count but every station feels like it just has 5 songs that you're going to hear over and over again.

Even worse is Gat Out Of Hell, which has no radio at all even though they went to the trouble to license and included a ton of awesomely generic metal to blare from cars as they drive by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Leal posted:

I never played 4 but I do know that in 3: Your character doesn't sing along with random radio stations dependent on their voice. No joy of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9BoIEY4xA4

:smith:

They totally do, though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSc7yehDx9I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0M03cE73A

In SR4 the villain even crashes one of the sing-alongs.