Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Crowetron posted:

I don't know why you keep calling TOW centrist, when every centrist option is revealed to explicitly make things worse for everyone involved.

That's weird, because the ending for Edgewater I got basically said "Hey, the human garden lady turned the factory into a nursery, and did her best to fight the plague" which doesn't sound worse at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
little thing dragging down the Xbone: Bionic Commando 2 Rearmed is available to download, but not Bionic Commando 1. I can't download the Scott Pilgrim game, either, nor a few other games I bought ten+ years ago, but hey...i can play doritos crash course. so thats neat. also, the home menu is loving garbage even though the store menus are surprisingly navigable.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
More outer worlds speak: I think my main issues with the game revolve around the lack of exploration, lackluster weapon mods, and generally poor weapon/armor variety. The only planet I recall having space to explore was Monarch, and even then there were only three places that mattered at all - Stellar Bay, the Iconoclast headquarters, and Fallbrook. I don't remember anything really interesting about them other than the fact that Sanjar is the best character in the game. Now that I think about it, there's only three planets in the game you go to, and a trading hub. Scylla is such a tiny map with barely anything to it, and Terra-1 is just three small areas

I know that "DLC fixes everything", but this game feels like it doesn't have nearly enough content, especially if its going to sell itself as New Vegas 2. If anything, this game was about as long as Old World Blues and Honest Hearts put together.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Polaron posted:

I'm sure it's been pointed out by now but in successive games Kojima has named female characters Quiet, Fragile and Mama.

Not a fantastic trend.

who gives a poo poo, he made The Boss, Eva, and Sniper Wolf.

also those three female characters you listed are great gently caress off

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 16:29 on Nov 12, 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I didn't even realize there was an upgrade system until right before the final level. My heavy n-ray machine gun was just destroying everything with little-to-no effort. I also never needed to heal during the game because of the auto-regenerating health feature, which meant I never bought Adreno. The only time I even needed it was for the final shootout.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Squiddycat posted:

Prey 2017 was an excellent, reasonable lengthed video game that has virtually no flaws. If I wanted to get picky I could say, "one of the enemy types near the end is obnoxious to fight", and that's that. Maybe also the relative uselessness of the alien powers?

I'm probably in the wrong thread I just want more people to play Prey

This game was practically perfect, yeah. The only alien powers that I even used were kinetic blast and psyshock. Psyshock in particular is just a monster blaster. Nightmares get disabled when you use it, so you get to blast them away with no risk

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

John Murdoch posted:

It's me, I'm the terrible person who liked Bioshock's pipe dream hacking. ...But even I'll admit it was a bit of a pace-breaker to cut to a totally separate minigame screen all the time. Also I've only ever played Bioshock on PC where you can just fly through every hack at speed.

There's also that really bizarre bit just afterwards where Nick starts talking as Kellogg and then it never comes up ever again, because I guess it was some weird dropped plot thread that wasn't fully cut.

Or the player character is hallucinating because Kellogg is actually now in their head and also they're a synth. :tinfoil:

I recall far harbor trying to wedge in a "But what if YOU were a synth? You have no memories of before the war except for the part where everything gets bombed" theory, except im pretty sure Evil Son would have told Bad Dad/Murder Mother about that while he was explaining why he made Synth Son.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Len posted:

Dq11 has terrible combat music

If you're playing the Switch version, try turning the OST from orchestral to synthetic

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Or don't, since the whole reason that Sugiyama didn't want the actual versions exported is because he's a vehement denier of japanese war crimes during the invasion of China and the rest of WWII, so gently caress that guy. He also is suuuper anti LGBTQ+.

E:Actually, do that, since I'm sure he's not paid more for you doing it and the concept probably makes him pretty pissed off. The fact he's involved makes me feel pretty gross about DQ though

i just wanted to listen to the midis, not learn about the japanese milkshake duck

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sunswipe posted:

Talk about rivals reminded me of something I hated in the original Fable. From the beginning of the game, you have a rival your character grows up with in Hogwarts the Hero's Guild, and she'll sometimes appear to take the opposing side in sidequests. She is basically a bully every time you encounter her, insulting your abilities and determined to prove she's better. Partway through the game, you have to fight through an arena tournament of assorted groups of enemy creatures. The final challenge is a fight to the death with another Hero, which of course turns out to be your old rival. She will kill you if you lose this fight. If she loses, you have the option to spare her at the cost of a good chunk of money and earning evil morality points, but absolutely no reason to spare this rear end in a top hat who's been taunting you for decades and would have killed you if the roles were reversed. I guess the larger complaint is how games with a good/evil mechanic often have choices where one option is just stupid.

just turn the other cheek

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Cleretic posted:

What've they done?

well the first few searches for "dangen entertainment" and "dangen entertainment controversy" bring up Resetera links so im assuming they didn't actually do anything. But if it turns out that they are poo poo, it's either the Nicalis method of "Being very poo poo at publishing games SOMEHOW, very unresponsive to who they work with (if responding at all), generally just really poo poo at their jobs despite it not being that loving hard to publish a video game", or the Chucklefish method of "taking 50% of your revenue in exchange for literally nothing for two - three years until they realize they can make more money if they can mangle up some console ports"

John Murdoch posted:

I don't have the full story because I never got around to reading it, but it sounded like they don't actually pay their devs for starters. Somebody in another thread described it as them doing every single possible lovely thing an indie publisher could do. You'll have to sniff around for the info though because ~mysteriously~ the article that laid all of the claims against them out had to be suddenly taken down.

So, both the chucklefish and nicalis ways of being absolute loving garbage. amazing!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Spinoff: Get rid of the humans. Give us a party of pokemon, but make them unique characters in themselves.

So, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Lone Badger posted:

Here's my pokemon pitch

* You are a pokemon
* It is your job to get your idiot trainer to the end of their Pokemon Journey alive
* We hired Platinum to do the combat

Now this sounds like a good time, but the Pokemon Company would only allow Platinum to have the predictable picks for playable pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, the wild area feels really devoid of interesting details, probably to accommodate the online aspect which already strains the Switch’s pretty weak hardware. Gold/Silver had some pretty fun puzzles in caves and secrets to find, I miss that level of detail. Or Ruby/Sapphire with their dive spots with loot and stuff to find.

The switch's hardware isn't the problem here, the problem is that Gamefreak can't code for poo poo, and Nintendo's online just sucks. If the Wii U could have relatively flawless online with games like Smash 4 and Splatoon, the only reason why the Switch's online is poo poo is because Nintendo isn't trying very hard.