Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Mr. Kurtz posted:

The game is also in desperate loving need of additional content, at least within the next month or so. I feel like I'm trapped in Milhaus's "jimminy jellikers" scene with Peter Dinklage or Lance Reddick saying "we've got to do the Aksor Archon Priest again!" But we already did it. It took seven hours but we did it. It's done.

Lucky for you Bungie have you covered with their first DLC pack coming in December! So you can then play the NEW Strikes over and over again because there is nothing else to do...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daedo
May 5, 2002
To be fair to Troy Baker, his Joker voice was awesome in Arkham: Origins.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Mokinokaro posted:

What difficulty are you playing on? The higher the difficulty, the closer the alien sticks to you.

I'm playing thru on Easy and the bastard is literally all over me all the drat time. Got several recordings on my Xbone of the alien killing me in the exact same room over and over again as I try to pick up a keycard. Didn't matter what I did, he kept popping up! Made me stop playing for a while because all the fun had been sucked out the game. Getting the flamethrower was the best thing to happen to me since it made the alien manageable.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

muscles like this? posted:

I've been replaying Saints Row 4 on the PS4 and its amazing how lackluster the radio is. I'm not sure the actual count but every station feels like it just has 5 songs that you're going to hear over and over again.

Been playing thru Saints Row 4 again on the the Bone recently and I noticed the same thing. Spent all my time listening to The Mix, and found it kept repeating the same 4-5 songs all the time, even though there's 16 for that station.

As for Gat out Of Hell, the lack of songs just goes with the lack of story or unique missions. That's totally a game you can just load up and gently caress around flying and collecting souls/causing wanton destruction while you listen to a podcast or watch Youtube.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Sleeveless posted:

The game's balance is really weird, even if you take your time and goof around you're going to burn through the actual content long before you finish all the side-missions revolving around upgrading everything and killing certain amounts of enemies, so if you're a completionist or set on getting your money's worth you're gonna be stuck running around in circles blasting through wave after wave of demons for a few hours after you've finished all the missions and activities.

When I realised this was going to happen, I deliberately left Survival activities uncompleted so that I could use the waves of bad guys to get all the weapon/power challenges done.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Doc Morbid posted:

The one big thing dragging down Arkham Knight for me is the fact you have to get 100% completion if you want to get the real ending. I like the Arkham gameplay and all, and I enjoy doing the actual side missions, but having to collect 243 Riddler doodads for the proper ending? Get that 90s Rareware poo poo out of here.

I don't mind the Riddler stuff so much in this game since they've dialled it way back from City and its 440 Riddler collectibles. You couldn't move in City without seeing green Riddler poo poo everywhere so it's refreshing that they didn't go bigger city-->more collectibles again.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Action Tortoise posted:

AssCreed Revelations must be kidding if they expect me to 100% sync every mission

I just finished the game today whilst playing through the Ezio Collection, and there's several missions that had full sync requirements that were a pain in the rear end. Somehow I got the achievement for doing this on the 360, but that was six years ago and now I don't have the time or the patience to try it here. Especially because failing full sync means restarting the whole memory, as reloading checkpoints wasn't introduced until a later game.

im pooping! posted:

Don't, also don't raise every assassin in your stupid world domination minigame to master assassin rank. It does nothing. I learned this when I did it.

Actually this is worthwhile simply to get an assassin locking down each den in the city. That way you can get full notierety and not worry about Templars recapturing the den if you don't play the tower defence mini game,. Also an easy source of money throughout the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daedo
May 5, 2002

Action Tortoise posted:

other than cheevos, is there a reward in the game for getting full sync? does it unlock an alt ending?

Nope, not a thing so if you're not concerned about achievements you can happily ignore the 100% sync without missing out on anything.