Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Hitman 2016 is an amazing game. And I love the idea of 1 try only Elusive Contracts. But the limited time window to do them is really kinda stupid.

Nothing like buying the full version of the game after the season is done to see all the content you can't do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Bought Fallout 4 GOTY over Black Friday. Loving it, but reaaaaally wish grenades were easier to see. A brown object against brown scenerio is just really confusing. Half the time I don't even know its landed next to me. I'm not asking for an arc indicator, but maybe make it flash or smoke or something.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Digirat posted:

You can get an arc indicator from the explosives skill IIRC.

No way. Good to know!

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I finished Fallout 4 and its like Betheseda forgot what a third act is, or maybe secind act. Just having factions attack each other to end the game, often without ever having met or interacted with each other is goofy as hell.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Really enjoying Vermintide , but maybe I'm too casual these days because I'd like some more waypoints in the game. A lot of the levels are mazes where it's way less clear than L4D where you're supposed to go next.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
My gripe about Vermintide is that nearly 10 years after Left 4 Dead people still don't know how to play a L4D clone. I've seen people split off from teams to run back to kill some mice when everyone else is cheesing it to the next location.

Or completely ignoring objectives to kill the endless waves of mice.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Len posted:

Can I post not videogames in here? Because Cards Against Humanity is a trash game for trash people.:colbert:

Yes I am dead inside why do you ask?

I love that between Cards Against Humanity coming out and 2016 the core card "Bill Cosby" got a wholly different context. Now that's what I call emergent gaming!

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Regarding fake-mechanics doesn't Hellblade: Needless Subtitle say it will delete your save after so many deaths, except it doesn't?

Nah. It's implied, but never stated outright. Sorta one of those vague oracle of delphi statements.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
A thief you hunt down across the map has a great line about how being an Arisen must be a job of leisure because you have time to deal with a petty thief instead of hunting the dragon

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
My complaint about Monster Hunter World is that all the quality of life improvements make going back to the previous titles excruciating. Hot Drinks, Cold Drinks, Paintballs, Whetstones, taking 5 seconds to gather something.

There's alot of painful nonsense in the previous titles that didn't add any actual gameplay, but were infruriating if you forgot.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Monster Hunter World lets you deconstruct weapons for a full material refund minus the cash to forge it. I really wish it also let you do that for armor. Especially considering there's always two armor variants in per set in high rank, and farming the gem to create some of them is a serious commitment to rng at times

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
The poststory grind really is dragging down Monster Hunter World. I usually stop at around mid G rank in most MH games and forgot that just having High Rank is pretty thin soup.

Especially since it doesn't give you G rank armor and weapons to work towards so your gear because pretty much static once you finish the story.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Ya know, instead of an Aloy skin coming out tommorrow, I'd much rather have one of the mecha dinos as DLC for world

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Spider-Man has great controls... except when you're stationary on a wall and sometimes absolutely no button will let you drop off. Like you're just stuck until the game decides you aren't.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I got Shadow of Tomb Raider from PS Plus and I can't believe they want me to pay $5 per extra tomb to raid.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Trying to Platinum Death Stranding is starting to get real annoying. Most of the delivery receipiants are pretty simple: give them stuff and get level ups with them. A few, and the game never tells you, need you to read their emails to remove gating to their levels.

This is really obnoxious because you can deliver a huge load to them, perfectly and timely, only to realize they wanted you to read their stdh.text email rants first before delivering your load and you get no likes at all. And many of these emails don't pop up unless you rest at a shelter, which takes at least a minute.

Just let me deliver load after load Kojima! I'll read your stoned ideas eventually, but don't force me.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Captain Hygiene posted:

One thing I don't like in Prey is the Nightmare that occasionally pops up chasing you. I'm almost always on my way to do something where I don't feel like wasting scarce ammo on a random miniboss, so it usually results in finding somewhere safe and just putting down the controller until the three-minute timer runs out. Fun!

Yeah, that was really dumb. The fact they couldn't get you in ducts is super weird considering Dishonored already had that feature

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I'm playing Another Eden on mobile, and while it's gacha mobile trash it's essentially knockoff Chrono Trigger made by the actual devs of Chrono Trigger. It's very charming, but very very grindy. My biggest complaint is that they haven't done a very simple QOL upgrade.

Half a year into the game they introduced Grastas, which are basically FFVII Materia. Except you can only manage them on a handful of spots in one continent on the map, in one time epoch. Which would be not great, not terrible except they recently significantly expanded the system with new upgrades and side grades and this time you can only manage the upgrades in single village merchant that doesn't have the interface to manage them normally. So if you're playing around with the Grastas you're going to two places minimum for no reason.

Like, there's absolutely no reason not to fold the new upgrade system into the old Grasta stations. Or better yet include it all in their knock off End of Time central hub where you do most party management anyway.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Fall Guys should absolutely get rid of the tail tag set of games. The netcode is just not good enough. Nothing more dispiriting seeing someone lag grab your tail from 3 meters away.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Death Stranding keeps spamming you with messages that a structure is deteriorating, but half the time it's a ladder which no one cares about. The other half is a structure that's taken maybe 10% damage.

Also I wish you could have autopilot on the ziplines and save routes. It's pretty tedious having to press x every minute or so once you get you zip highway up.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

bony tony posted:

On my second run I'm going to have to force myself not to use the ziplines too much, because I really used them heavily the first time around and I want to make it more difficult for me

Oh and ninety hours in, I'm still salty that you can't grab things when you're on a motorcycle

The motorcycle thing might've been a mechanical limitation, but it absolutely would've enhanced the game and made motorcycles relevant once you unlock trucks. It would've been a great gameplay element trying to ride close enough to packages to grab them without running them over and ruining them.

I feel like overall, motorcycles were a little half assed. Your weight ceased to matter the moment you got on one.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Manager Hoyden posted:

I kind of wish media in general would stop with the trope of a wife leaving completely destroying a guy. Like that's not how it works in real life at all and I feel like you have to imagine it with the genders reversed to see how bonkers it is.

Eh, I've definitely see the reverse in real life. Some people are just built like that. It's especially true if the SO was their rock, and they leave because they couldn't deal with the person's unresolvable issues.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Days Gone needs an auto-loot function like TLoU2. So many little bits of garbage to loot by holding down square.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Omfg. In Days Gone who the hell thought making you find the bunkers in enemy camps was a good idea. Finding a camouflaged manhole in city block size camp is the opposite of fun. I would've dropped the game if youtube guides didn't exist. gently caress the developer who said people should have bought this game for full price at launch if they wanted a sequel.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Days Gone has a gun safe that keeps your guns permanently... but only guns you've purchased or unlocked. This is despite everyone human enemy in the game dropping guns. It's such a weird decision not to let you store a dropped gun especially when almost all the drop guns are worse than your own after the beginning.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Just a random aside. Is there anyone in this thread that actually solved the Jindosh lock using facts and logic?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Being able to buy every trophy in Automata was pretty glorious trolling.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Beat Days Gone and shotguns in the game are weirdly useless. Far too slow rate of fire to deal with hordes and too short ranges for human enemies.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Rage uninstalled Control last night. I went back to it to do the two DLCs and got to a boss that takes place on a tiny platform that the giant boss is constantly destroying. You can look up at the boss to dodge his attacks and attack back or you can look at the floor and not fall. You can't do both and Control has the Remedy problem of combat being incredible hard to see clearly once poo poo starts with stuff flying in your fov all the time.

Basically Control combat kinda sucks and this one boss exacerbates all the flaws. Like Remedy thought they were clever in leaning into the faults for this fight's challenge.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I love the stranding, but honestly for those who having trouble getting to the beginning of the game just skip all the cutscenes in the beginning. This is a not a game where you will be lost if he skips some cutscenes. Kojima be labor's his points over and over and there's a wealth of secondary information codexes for if you really want to get into it.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
On PS+ I claimed Control: Ultimate Edition and wanted to wait til I got a PS5 to play it because of all the hype about the RTX graphics. Got my PS5 months later and found out that because I claimed it on my ps4 it won't actually come with the PS5 version with all the graphics upgrades and RTX. If I wanted the PS5 version without owning the console I needed to do it on a phone app and pick PS5 specifically.

This is the first time a cross console PS+ game has ever done this so I guess gently caress you I'm never playong control.

Thundercracker has a new favorite as of 20:09 on Sep 10, 2021

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Philippe posted:

I agree, but get this: everyone has a different ringtone. And you defeat BTs by bringing more grenades than you think you'll need.

I just piss in a circle and then book it.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

muscles like this! posted:

The Sinking City is another game where the combat felt shoehorned in and in my opinion ruined the vibe of the game. The whole thing about a city falling into dissolution is more interesting if there aren't active monsters running around.

Also the combat wasn't fun.

I actually like The Sinking City a lot aside from it just absolutely phoning in the ending. The combat was just bafflingly bad. Set it to easiest and enjoy the story.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
TLOU2 combat is extremely except when an enemy is on a higher level than you like on a crate. There's no combat or stealth kill animation for that so you can just swing your axe ineffectualll and die.

It's just a weird oversight in a game with an insane number of unique animations. I'm pretty sure the Tomb Raider reboot even had that.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Hades, why do you use white to indicate an attack winding up and also white to indicate a hit? I really wish I could adjust how much graphics are one because after awhile it's just a particle effect glitter storm.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
Tried to get into Deep Rock Galactic but I don't think it's for me. Getting lost in claustrophobic underground trying to find hoohahs is just not really doing it for me.

Also the I hate how there's so many specific terminals everywhere on the rig that just does one thing. Just give me a menu man.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

BioEnchanted posted:

The sidequests remind me a lot of Lightning Returns, which makes sense because Lightning is just cloud with boobs. I think it's partially the writing, partially the structure, also it seems to be the same base engine, or at least a modified version of it.

Also the Shinra executives literally act like Megamind, they project themselves in the exact same way with swarms of robots and make similarly grandiose speeches. I'm not complaining here, I liked Lightning Returns and find the Megamind thing funny.

Lightning is not much just Cloud with boobs. She's much meaner and a total facist complete with "I'm okay with it happening to other people until it effects Meeeee!"

Like I've played all three XIII games and that's really what I got. She doesn't really have a character arc at all. Mean in FFXIII. Mean in Lightning Returns.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Opopanax posted:

Just copy Johnny's story from mk11 and have it be a time travelling young Duke and an older wiser Duke who has to sigh and deal with him

That's... actually brilliant

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Yakuza Kiwami is probably the worst in the series on account of being a very budget remake, but the biggest flaw is that you stagger incredibly easily. In most boss fights you will win by spending one half chugging health potions, and the other half lying on the floor with a concussion.

What games are the absolute worst for flinching and hyper-armour being used against the player?

Persona Strikers is real bad about stunlocks. You're just going to be constantly stunlocked in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
One design decision in Sekiro I don't understand is that even the major bosses barely give any experience. Barely half a exp bar while most abilities cost 2 to 5 exp bars. It does nothing but make you do tedious farming.

And weirdly enough, while every other drop has items that buff the drop rate there's nothing for exp.