Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

I really want to like Dark Souls II, but there are so many annoying little things dragging it down. I think the worst one of all might be Agility. In the original Dark Souls, you could roll at three different speeds based on your equip weight, with the faster rolls having more generous invincibility frames. In DS2, there are two speeds, and the limit for the faster one is pretty generous (which I like), but the number of iframes you get is now based on your Agility, which is increased by putting points into Adaptability and Attunement. Which basically means your roll will be completely useless for dodging attacks until you sink 20 points into a stat that does basically nothing else (or 40 points into a stat that increases your spell slots).

That wouldn't be so bad in and of itself if 90% of the bosses in the game weren't of the "attacks do absurd damage, have insanely long reach, and are incredibly difficult if not outright impossible to block, but really slow, so you can dodge* them!!" formula. The caveat being that you have to dodge it absolutely perfectly, or else you'll roll through the attack, then get hit by hit a quarter of a second later when you're three feet away. And it really doesn't help that a lot of bosses have really wonky or outright glitchy hitboxes. (Thanks for flattening me with the invisible force field projecting from your sword, Smelter Demon. And then teleporting me halfway across the arena for no reason.)

And if you can't increase your Agility at all? Ahahahahahaha. :unsmigghh: gently caress this gay soul level 1 run. Why must the Deprived be so lovely? Why are my only one-handed weapon options a dagger, a broken sword, and a ladle???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU