Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

MisterBibs posted:

It's the least popular of the modern Fallout games among its target audience and playerbase. Same basis for Trek folks here loving DS9 the most (and being shocked when everyone they know says they dislike it), or liking Fury Road (and getting defensive over the movie's dismal domestic BO take).

Plus, there's the whole "The folks who made the Fallout its audience liked the most is the ones who didn't make the originals" and NV is those inmates running the asylum.

? mad max did fine in theaters. especially for a hard-r niche material movie. $150m was enough to greenlight a sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Gaming history is meaningless and stupid. There are games that are fun to play, there are games that WERE fun to play, and there are bad games.

Our hobby has no broad cultural relevance.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

ArtIsResistance posted:

The open world sections were just a bunch of open space between bases. If you were lucky maybe you'd see the one truck patrolling between bases or one of the four different animal spawns, because despite there being a bunch of animals you can only catch most of them in bait cages or some poo poo. Or you could pick flowers, 10 at a time because resource grinding is a fun thing to do

I dont know if they had more planned for the open world segment, but it very much feels like they release 85% of the game. There was meant to be another zone with a climactic battle but that got cut for time.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

Warhammer: Total War is probably the best iteration of the Total War series yet. But holy poo poo, these loadtimes are atrocious.

Are you really playing games on PC in 2017 without an SSD?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

What about my post made you think it wasn't on an SSD? The game has poo poo load times, SSD or not. The other TW games aren't this bad.

The fact that you complained made me think so. I have an old Samsung SSD and load times are maybe 15-20 seconds...

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

^ the only part about the dlc units that bother me is that the CPU can use them but you can't. Seems like a massive tease and FU to the player.

They're not as big of a deal as you think if you started the game from base, as they really just add flavor & the game is a ton of fun with or without DLC. RoR are pepper in the gumbo, but the gumbo tastes great without it.

The comparison of Empire & Napoleon doesn't really make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

War Total Hammer