Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Is the Dark Souls ban lifted? 2nd game is fantastic in almost every single way except some minor poo poo, but drat it's annoying.

1: Repair system doesn't make a bit of sense. It only fucks you in the early game before you have any souls, and later on when repair costs are cheap comparatively, you never break anything.
2: Soul memory instead of soul level determining pvp. Casters become machine guns at higher soul levels and it gives melee a disadvantage. At 150 (around the time you beat the game the first time) everything seems fair, but you don't even really know if you're playing against other 150s unless you're organizing a duel arena separately from the game. Soul memory "tiers" are weird because it discourages new players into pvping ("I am at 3m soul memory and only sl 90 because I am a big dumb stupid, what do I do?!") since 9 times out of 10 when they get invaded it'll be some streamlined pvp build that has the lowest possible SM and the highest possible SL and the guy who's spent hours farming souls and losing them to stupid deaths is now even further discouraged from the "end game" content of dark souls.
3: Mother loving pvp lag.

Game still owns though. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU