Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I just finished playing Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time on PC. This game has a few things dragging it down. [edit - I got carried away and typed several things dragging this game down! Here is just one thing dragging this game down!]

Towards the end of the game, there's a jump where you swing from a bar to a very narrow ledge. No matter what I did, the game refused to register that drat ledge. I'd line it up perfectly with the camera and make the jump only to watch in frustration as he made the landing then slid a few feet to the left where he fell to his death.

Fifteen of Many has a new favorite as of 03:29 on May 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

Action Tortoise posted:

You can post however many things are dragging a particular game down. Vent away, duder.

With the game not registering jumps in the middle of platforming, that's gotta be annoying near the endgame where you don't have your safety net and have to redo a jump after returning to a checkpoint instead of instantaneously rewinding back to the botched jump. Doesn't sound like much but SoT's rewind was the best feature of platforming.

Yeah, this was during the no repeats section. :argh: Other things dragging this game down include, briefly: Terrible wonky camera that spins all over the place and sometimes gets stuck in a wall and bland combat that features waves of 10-30 of the same six dudes over and over and over again (platforming was great, but the combat sections are easily the worst part of the game overall).

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
In GTA4, no matter how far away a mission is or how long the mission lasts, if you die it puts you all the way back at the place you picked the mission up. :argh:

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I'm at the very end of Dust: An Elysian Tail and I feel like the game has really ground to a halt since the "go get items from four houses all spread across this map" section. It wasn't bad on its own, but the areas since seem like enemy hp/damage has scaled much faster than my own, and the maps (which seem to have ballooned in size) are just carpeted with enemies, making getting for point a to point b a real pain in the rear end. I've actually made it to the final boss but may not finish the game: I don't have many healing items and may be a little under leveled since I started just skipping as much combat as I could when it got more and more tedious, and I really don't feel like grinding out levels or gold to kill one more guy. Otherwise it has been a fun game!

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I haven't played DS2 yet, but would you guys say there are comparable "bad bosses" in demon's or ds1?

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
The PC port of Force Unleashed 2 is janky as poo poo. Just getting it to run is a mess; right now the game launches to black, then opens a second "Active Movie Window" which plays the LucasArts logo about half the time before everything crashes. I managed to get about halfway through the game, but now it's an every launch issue. It doesn't help that the game is pretty awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Playing Witcher: EE and while I'm more or less enjoying it there are a couple of things dragging it down for me. The combat system is already pretty clunky but occasionally sometimes just decides to not work at all. Right sword, right stance, no amount of clicking sets off an attack - very frustrating. There's also backtracking and zone variety that gives me a bit of a DA2 vibe.