Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

God, that was by far the unfun-est part of SR4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Not to mention that the controls to do the fart spells in combat are totally different than out of combat. The game never explains this, you just have to randomly push the sticks around until something happens.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Elfface posted:

I like the setting, though I'm still working out exactly what it is...

1930's Cyber-Paris.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Mods please update my username to John Videogames

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Tiggum posted:

I've been playing the Jackbox party games a little bit recently and the core concept is excellent but the implementation is just awful. The main thing is the timers. Even the ones where you can set them to a longer time limit they're still way too fast. There's no way you can just sit around chatting and casually playing along, you have to focus 100% on the game or you'll miss your turn. Why is there no option to just turn off the timers?

I imagine they need to keep some timers as all the games have online integration for the mobile devices- if the games could theoretically go on for hours they likely don't have that sort of network overhead for it. That said you can pause the game- but even the first YDKJ game had timers and was fully offline.

Tiggum posted:

Aren't these games supposed to have been designed to play casually while other stuff is going on?

I don't really feel rushed while playing them but they are definately meant to take the groups full attention. What gave you that impression?

Tiggum posted:

Secondly, all the themes and animations and other bullshit are just irritating. A no-frills, just-the-game version of these would be a massive improvement.

If you dont like the pacing, the visual themes, and the rules/constraints of a party game- maybe don't play that one? It sounds like your expectiations are a bit off.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

I wish there was a t-rex like in TR 2.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Thats true for most games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

What about the Eldar? Surely they can clear that bar.