Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lycus posted:

I think that one's complicated because I'm not certain that Olenna knew that Littlefinger was going to extract Sansa. That means that Olenna figured Sansa would take the fall with Tyrion for the assassination because of the necklace. She's cool but Margery's well-being comes before Sansa's nevertheless.

She might have since the two of them did set up the murder in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

No More Heroes posted:

If Tommen marries Margaery the houses are already combined, idk why they dont just let Cersei be a spinster.

If Loras is made Kingsguard then the Tyrell name would be dead, since he could not have any kids. Cersei is also useful as a way of making political alliences, since they have not said she is past child bearing years.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

But he's actually a huge, hypocritical dick.

Oh I know that. He is a master of loving with his kids minds to get them to do what he wants them to do, or make their lives hell in the case of his non-Jamie kids.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bobo the Red posted:

Yeah, the marriage to Cersei is to tie the Lannister and Tyrell names. Though, in a way, it kinda further continues to endanger the Lannister name, since Jaime is out, Tywin loving hates Tyrion, and Cersei's possible children with Loras could be heirs to Casterly Rock but not the Iron Throne. It's not really clear how the inheritance works if someone is heir to both one of the kingdoms AND the Iron Throne, since Robert was the first one to do it (and he just had his brothers ruling in his name), and his succession issues were taken care of by the wars. It seems reasonable that Tommen would defer it to his non-royal siblings.

We have seen that Tywin is trying his hardest to get Jaime to leave the Kingsguard and return to Casterly Rock. He may hate Tyrion, he might not hate his kids with Sansa. It is possible that they would get it, if everything did not go to hell due to Emma Peel.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bobo the Red posted:

He's literally trying to kill Tyrion (or exile him) right now, leaving no room for possible grandchildren. If Tyrion's children inherit Casterly Rock, it validates Tyrion by proxy, and Tywin is not likely to be into that.

As I said due to Emma Peel, the idea of Sansa's kids inheriting it is impossible. He did seem to want Sansa to get pregnant after their marriage as he saw it at the time the only chance for his name to continue.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bobo the Red posted:

It's hardly due to Emma Peel. Tywin knows Tyrion is innocent, and everyone with a lick of sense is aware that Sansa is incapable of such a thing, because she currently lacks the demeanor and the resources. He was willing to use Tyrion to have Lannister kids when he didn't have a way to get rid of him, but this chance was too good, and he hates Tyrion too much, to pass it up.

If Tywin wasn't a hateful hypocrite, and he'd simply been nice to Tyrion, who is as adept at the game as he is, if not more, the Lannister name would be safe, and the war likely would've already been won. Tywin discarded his greatest asset, and it looks likely to loving ruin him. And it's loving great.

I think we are saying the same thing. I was pointing out that if Joffrey never died then it would be possible for Sansa's kids to inherit Casterly Rock. It also does not matter if everyone knows they could not do it, Cersei does and making sure they will be blamed. Its not just if Tywin was nicer to Tyrion everything would be better, its seems that Tyrion has poisoned the relationship between Cersei and Tyrion as they are viewed by him the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bobo the Red posted:

Tywin 100% could tell Cersei to shut up and leave Tyrion alone if he had any interest in it. He could even do it to Joffrey, who was much dumber and didn't grow up in his shadow. He's letting Cersei be spiteful to Tyrion because he feels exactly the same way.

Also, Tyrion didn't poison his relationship with Cersei. Cersei hated him from the day he was born (as we were told once again by Oberryn last episode).

I thought it was due to Tywin telling Cersei that Tyrion killed her mother from the day he was born?
I also agree that he is allowing it to happen since he can use it to his advantage. Before the wedding Tyrion kids could be useful to carry Tywin name, after the wedding its a way to get rid of Tyrion and get Jaime to father kids. He is also getting a king that will listen to him more. Was there any upsides to keeping Joffrey alive to Tywin?

• Locked thread