Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

There are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of America--I can only choose one!

Firstborn posted:

The guy who plays Jorah is such a great actor. He had(has?)a show where he plays a drunken police dude in a snazzy scarf who punches people and is generally told by everyone else what a drunk piece of poo poo he is while he solves weird crimes like people getting murdered by halberds. It's a great show.

Jack Taylor is an awesome show. We started watching a couple of years after GoT came out. Imagine our dumb faces when one of us said, 'hey, that guy looks familiar' I think Berristan Selmy was also in an episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

There are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of America--I can only choose one!
I keep rewatching that scene between Oberyn and Tyrion, because Pedro Pascal's delivery is so genuine and nuanced. The Viper is a character that could come off corny as gently caress if done poorly. I can't wait to see him give the Mountain his dew.

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

IncendiaC posted:

I miss King Robert :smith:

I keep thinking how great a wife Margaery would have made for Robert. They seem like they would have had a lot of fun together.

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

dont change my name posted:

This whole season is bad. The writing is bad, the directing and because of that - the acting.

I'm really disappointed in this show now :(

There's always Cosmos.

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

Joke or not, I groan every time someone insists the pyramids were built by slave labor.

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

precision posted:

The problem is that it is predictable. "Here is a character that is awesome. He/she will suffer horribly." It's bad storytelling not because bad things happen to people we like, but because everything becomes telegraphed. Jaime becomes likable? Hand chopped off. Ned dies. Robb gets Red Wedding'd. It's something you have to use sparingly, and not do it to every loving character. I'm already fully expecting The Hound to die this season purely because he has become a very interesting character.

We will have to disagree that GRRM is a genius because the first two books are two of the worst books I have ever read and the fact that the show has made them into a good story is a miracle.

Hey, I have to object here. Nobody saw Ned's death or the Red Wedding coming, so it's hardly telegraphed. The Ned thing was a case of 'fool me once'. The RW was a case of 'fool me twice', and because we never get passed being fooled twice that we get bitter about every death after that.

BubbleGoose fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 20, 2014

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

Thom12255 posted:

Dany hate is completely unjustified.

I agree. But Emilia Clarke is just awful. She's so boring to watch.

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

the posted:

So with a trial by combat, could someone basically be the most vile and evil person ever but always get away with it because they're a proficient fighter?

Well sure, if you're case goes to trail. But if you're condemned right then and there, you don't get the option. Ned Stark never got a trail.

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

precision posted:

He looks like a member of Bear Force One.

I know. I want to be intimidated but he just looks so drat snuggly. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

The one in particular that stood out to me was her mention of how she can throw something in the fire to make it look like huge bursts of flames pop out and "take" the person that is burning. We saw it earlier this season and Stannis's wife even comments, elated, that the "Lord of Light has taken them!"

One look on her face when she found out that particular trick was bullshit makes me think it could be wrong thing to let a crazy true believer down.

You know that scene in Saving Private Ryan where after seeing their friends get murdered, they execute the surrendering German Soldiers due to emotions and human instinct? Well she just saw her whole family murdered including her last son, by the people who killed her husband, and her whole HOUSE was going down in flames with them and all she could do was take a hostage that was literally worthless.

What I'm saying is I could not blame anyone, anyone at all, even in the real world for making one desperate last act in a combination of grief, rage, and wanting to hurt the people who hurt you and your family so much, even if it wasn't something that even she would have done more clear headed.

I guess I'm trying to say I don't get why people hate Cat over that. I get it, and I certainly can say it was clearly a wrong thing to do, but like I said.. in that situation I think a lot of people would react the same way.

Walder Frey coldly sacrificed his wife while drinking wine. Caitlin killed her in a moment of extreme psychological distress. The hate for Caitlin for that is very weird.

• Locked thread