Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

marktheando posted:

Who is the six fingered man?

Princess Bride reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Stonefish posted:

because the three parties (Brienne, Sandor, Petyr) all seem to want roughly the same thing.

They all want to make out with Sansa.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Criminal Minded posted:

Who's just hearing about it?
The Small Council, last week. Varys brings it up, but he's definitely talking about the "gently caress the king" at the tavern.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think Tormund's group is waiting for Mance's signal.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

He went to work as Bolg in The Hobbit, but his part was cut in favor of an all-CG Bolg. There is also apparently some sort of friction between him and HBO, according to one poster.
He said on his website during S2 that he wanted to come back but HBO didn't ask for him back. People have interpreted that in certain ways, but that's what we know.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

It'd be Tommen. Tywin is probably not happy with this because Tommen is a Baratheon by name.

Of course, Tommen could give it to a Lannister of his choice, like Robert gave the Baratheon seat to Renly after he became king. It just wouldn't be Tywin's line like Tywin wants.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Bobo the Red posted:

Pretty sure he gave it to Stannis. Renly's claim to the throne was 100% illegitimate and only worked at all because of his charisma.
No, he gave it to Renly. Stannis got Dragonstone.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Seeing the Mountain engage in some brutality to peasants while commanding in the area that Arya and the Hound are in would've been better than last episode's scene, but alas.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Gendry's gonna be buffer than the Mountain when he reappears on the show.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I wouldn't assume that I'd find Arya before the bread went stale, I'd just eat the bread.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't know if the writers are quite sure about how much time they want to have passed. This season Littlefinger said that Sansa was tormented by Joffrey for "years".

It's definitely not a few months. Dany went through most of a pregnancy over the course of S1.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 23, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

doverhog posted:

Both the chronological order in which any two scenes happen and how long it is between a scene and another varies wildly.
Immediately following a scene of Dany loving around in Meereen, we'll see the Oberyn/Mountain fight suddenly interrupted by a 30 year old Dany riding Drogon who is the size of a blue whale.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

You can just use the stars.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Legerdemain posted:

Why are the wildlings attacking Castle Black when Jon told them there were 16 other unmanned castles?
Because Castle Black has a clear tunnel.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 11:42 on May 25, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

He wants to put justice before everything, but he puts claiming the throne before justice in reality. He recognized that assassinating Renly wasn't the just thing to do.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Funso Banjo posted:

Is this their first ever mistake (Winterfell doesn't count).
How certain about that are you really? Are you sure that this isn't just the first one you've noticed?

Edit: Oh, ha, that was supposed to be a question. Sorry. I'm pretty sure they always show Dany's location even when she doesn't appear, and there was that all-King's Landing episode during the Blackwater battle, pretty sure they didn't make a special King's Landing-only credits sequence. There's probably little instances here and there.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 25, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

They've been kinda lame with the opening credits this year - they haven't changed once I don't think. The Eyrie should totally have been in the credits the last two episodes.

Booo
They did add Braavos at one point, though only one episode has actually taken place there.

I take it they've left out the Eyrie because they redesigned it, but never made a new credits animation for it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

bUm posted:

Claiming the throne is justice since Stannis is the rightful, legal heir to it since Cersei's children aren't by Robert. Renly was in violation of the laws of the realm by claiming the throne because "I'm more popular/liked than the rightful heir" is not a legitimate claim. It's a claim punishable by death in just circumstances. It was punished by death.
Stannis himself called it "murder". So he doesn't consider the assassination to be justice. It's the reason why he was so insistent that Davos not talk to him about it at all after it happened. Stannis is torn between wanting to be king and wanting to be just.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 25, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Gianthogweed posted:

so he left King's Landing to see if he can rally support back on Dragonstone.
I don't think that's a show thing. I don't remember anything said in the show that mentioned that Stannis was in King's Landing and left after Jon's death.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Gianthogweed posted:

Well, if it wasn't shown in the show, than it's safe to assume that you can trust that events circumstances that led to Stannis leaving King's Landing are the same as they were in the book. It just happened off screen. As long as there's nothing that outright contradicts this, I don't see why it would be any different.

Or show-Stannis was regularly living in Dragonstone before the show's events. Either way, the posted scene strongly implies that that's when show-Stannis learned about the incest.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't think we have any way of knowing. Maybe the White Walkers will be satisfied with Westeros, maybe they want to ice over the whole planet and spread everywhere. Who knows?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

bUm posted:

Lady Olenna who tried to get Sansa out of King's Landing via another wedding?
I think that one's complicated because I'm not certain that Olenna knew that Littlefinger was going to extract Sansa. That means that Olenna figured Sansa would take the fall with Tyrion for the assassination because of the necklace. She's cool but Margery's well-being comes before Sansa's nevertheless.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 20:14 on May 29, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

marktheando posted:

This was way before all that, when she was scheming to wed Sansa to Loras, before she married Tyrion.
I understand that these are different events, I'm saying that the latter event complicates listing Olenna as one of Sansa's non-creep benefactors.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

She might have since the two of them did set up the murder in the first place.
I just don't see any reason to assume she knew about that part, though. It makes more sense to me that she figured that the necklace would mark Sansa as a patsy. At the very least, there was a good chance that Sansa would get stopped before escaping, so Sansa's death was a definite possibility that she accepted.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 29, 2014

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I just think that thinking of someone as your benefactor is complicated when they save you one day, then do something that could've got you killed the next. Not to mention, which part of the original marriage plan was really what was important to Olenna: Sansa's safety or giving the Tyrell family control of the North? Her willingness to sacrifice Sansa makes me think it's the latter.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Bobo the Red posted:

You'll notice she's friends with the Grand Maester
Not so much anymore, but it's true she likes the new guy.

• Locked thread