Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Not clicking this link but I really hope it's Wonder Showzen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
Heh fair enough. I'd hoped it was this but that was worth it.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

like how many non book reader people completely guessed out of nowhere that it would be Oberon last thread.

Mountain vs. Oberon is the most telegraphed thing about this season. C'mon

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Xealot posted:

I also suspected Robb would die. Not because I'm so smart, but because they literally had a scene where his wife tells him she's pregnant and they celebrate how perfectly happy they are despite millions of enemies on all sides, and this is Game of Thrones where happiness goes to die. Then assholes from this thread sent me PM's telling me to gently caress myself and die. It's possible for people to make inferences about plot events without having read the books. This isn't a complex Swiss watch of a series.

It was not a complex puzzle to sort out that Oberyn and the Mountain were going to fight, either. Oberyn's primary motivations are pansexual orgies and killing the Mountain. And they recast the Mountain this season with a very physical actor, and the episode preview following Tyrion's request for a "trial by combat" prominently featured the new actor. Where else was that going to go?

Seriously every scene Oberyn's in he's all 'Boy howdy I sure would like some revenge.' What else would he be here for?

As to the outcome, I'm pretty sure Tyrion has the strongest plot armor after Arya, but.... I dunno.

If Oberyn wins, He and Dorne stay politically aligned with the Lannisters. Tyrion is probably disowned, leaving Casterly Rock without an heir. Cersei probably does something crazy.

If Oberyn loses, Dorne pulls away as an ally and the Lannisters are screwed right there, correct? Tyrion is killed or disowned, Cersei probably doesn't do something crazy, maybe Jaime leaves King's Landing with Tyrion and we get another roaming duo. Tywin made a huge miscalculation thinking he could use Tyrion to flip Jaime.

• Locked thread