Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

gregday posted:

My wife and I were looking at pictures of alpacas and came across this one that looks like Theon. Thank you.

it really does

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Arya

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Harsh.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Whoa Dany

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

HOT PIE

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Awwww

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

YESSSSS

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Holy gently caress I didn't think they were gonna put that on screen goddamn

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Mortabis posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Game of Thrones SPOILER Thread: Only Lysa's Sister C(h)at

UUughhhhhhhhh

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

precision posted:

So in the books, Jorah is GRRM's self-insert, is what I'm getting here.

Naw that's definitely Sam.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

sharktamer posted:

Did Littlefinger always sound so Irish? It seems like the actor forgot how to do his accent or something.

Wikipedia posted:

Mockingbirds are a group of New World passerine birds from the Mimidae family. They are best known for the habit of some species mimicking the songs of other birds and the sounds of insects and amphibians.

His house sigil is a mockingbird. He brought Robin (also a bird) a bird toy. I think it's pretty safe to assume that Littlefinger is half bird, half man.

e: it's probably just bad acting

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

kiimo posted:

And that loving sucks because there's nobody left to root for once he's gone. He's the only protagonist unless you count John Snuh or the dragons. No I don't mean Khaleesi. HBO is going to have a hell of a time running a campaign next offseason if Peter Dinklage is gone.

You have to stop thinking about this story as one with a single protagonist. They're all "the main character" of their own story arcs. Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime, Davos, Sansa, etc.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Drifter posted:

He said left to root for, as in he probably doesn't enjoy watching the stories of the other people as much.

Oh I guess so, it just sounded to me like he meant no one for the audience in general to root for.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

kiimo posted:

Sorry for the confusion, I work for the same studio as HBO, I meant in an advertising sense. I'll watch this show until it's nobody left but Hot Pie cooking in a kitchen talking about subpar cooks and slowly turning into Gordon Ramsay Bolton of medieval kitchens.

I'd watch the poo poo out of that.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Higsian posted:

Nobody is patient enough to not hate GRRM if they started reading the books when they first came out. Anyone who says otherwise is pretending.

A Game of Thrones came out in 1996. Think about it.

Yeah that's pretty much it. I first read it in 98 when I was like, 17. I mean, I completely understand that the guy is only human and writing books is a lot of work but this is a bit much I think.

I don't think he's a bad writer though. He's no genius but I enjoy his writing.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

olin posted:

So what happens to Tyrion if his champion in the trial by combat dies in the battle? Does the Mountain just immediately go over and chop his head off or something?

It just means that he's guilty. Basically by choosing trial by combat he gave up his right to a trial by the people in exchange for a trial by the Gods. If his champion wins, he's innocent and if he loses, he's guilty. The punishment in that case will be whatever the judge (Tywin) decides it should be.

e: beaten like whoever will lose the fight in two weeks

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

It's gonna be a looooooong two weeks.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

tonesville posted:

I said the same several pages back. It seems consistent with the duplicitous nature of the character.

Yeah I also brought it up a while back but I have no idea if it's actually a thing or if he's just not good at accents or what.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I've had a pretty big event for the season spoiled, ands its really obvious there are a large number of posters who know and are trying to drop subtle hints that are really obvious if you know what's going to happen.

gently caress all book readers, basically.

Hey now, some of us are nice people who don't do stupid poo poo like that. I'm a good noodle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

LividLiquid posted:

I really don't understand why anybody who has read the books would want to post here except to feel the smug superiority of knowing something we don't. There's a book thread and a spoiler thread here in TVIV. I totally get wanting to read what we dumbshit non-readers are speculating, but I don't get wanting to add to the conversation.
I'm here because I enjoy the show, and the show is not the books. A lot of stuff is different and I'm as clueless about a lot of these things as you guys are. There's no "smug superiority", at least not in my case. I genuinely enjoy the show and don't necessarily want to talk about the just books or how the show is different from the books or whatever.

It's not hard to avoid posting about poo poo that hasn't happened yet. Yeah I'm sure there's a lot of smug idiots here but a lot of us just like the show and want to talk about it.

e: it's also nice to be able to clarify or explain stuff that isn't made clear on the show, ie "what happens if a person loses a trial by combat" and so on.

• Locked thread