Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

knox posted:

Ruined it with the screaming! I loved the silent falling to her death aspect.
I don't know if that would work on TV, is the thing. How can you make it look like that she wouldn't scream when she obviously would? Tie a bunch of rocks to her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

armoredgorilla posted:

quick punch to the gut, knock the wind out of her, then knock the her out of the wind.
Follow with a roundhouse kick and a Bruce Lee kiai...

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

It's not ruined, but it's worse.
No it's not. It's different. Don't confuse the two. It would have added literally nothing.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

When are we gonna see full frontal male nudity already?? :rant:

What are you talking about? We saw Hodor dick, remember?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

MrBims posted:

Uh, you saw it be used in the exact episode it was introduced.

Chekhov's gun has more than one bullet, apparently :downsrim:

AMReese fucked around with this message at 03:48 on May 19, 2014

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

SickZip posted:

I'm pretty sure they changed the wording because they don't have faith that anyone knows any characters names or their relations.

"Only Cat" is punchier and also more natural sounding.

"Your sister" sounds more deceiving, to me. It sounds better than "Only Cat". We've seen Ser Pounce more recently than we've heard the phrase "Cat" as in Catelyn Stark. :colbert:

Although for Littlefinger to love only Ser Pounce would be a great twist...

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

To be fair, I wouldn't have noticed his accent much at all if not for these threads.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Durzel posted:

I was kinda hoping that the point of Oberyn's story about seeing Tyrion when he was a baby was that he'd actually say to him that he was fighting both to avenge his sister, but also because he sympathises with him. I guess even by volunteering to be his champion he's tacitly doing that, but wanted him to say it explicitly even if it would've been expository. :smith:
I think it's more he wants Tyrion to trust him enough to be his champion by saying these things. There is reason enough for him to say 'no' to Oberyn, since he might feel that he would be betrayed and cut down by him for being a Lannister.

That's what I believe, anyway.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Shath Hole posted:

Does he desire her or her power though? I feel like he wants her status more than he does her and the fact that she is hot is just a bonus.
I almost expected to see Littlefinger lock up Sansa in Tyrion's old cell after having used her to dispose of Lyanna.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

The Little Kielbasa posted:

That would have been quite the interesting development.
I meant Lysa, my bad. Similar names, you know how it is.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It just clicked with me that The Hound will once again be denied his ransom because of murder. I don't think he's going give Arya over to Littlefinger. Though, Littlefinger might be the one in danger if he did.

He did kind of imply he's changing his mind after he said "no reward is worth this", or at least he's moving that direction.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

ironlung posted:

When you put it like that, it seems obvious where this is headed... Tyrion going into exile across the pond and eventually joining up with Dany.
Hmm... or he could go to Stannis, and fight against against his family and King's Landing that way.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Stannis might have a soft spot for him given his daughter, but I don't think it seems like a good fit overall. I mean, Tyrion did completely ruin Stannis's invasion plans, and he killed Davos's son. Plus, I doubt Tyrion's all that eager to go from a dungeon to a miserable island where he's liable to be burned alive for not believing in a god of madness.

Sailing over to Essos seems like a better idea, or at least heading off to Dorne.
Or, say that he was the mastermind behind all of that, and why not use that mind to defeat the Lannisters?

If it worked for Jia Xu killing Dian Wei and Cao Ang, Cao Cao's personal bodyguard and son respectively, and he became Cao Cao's adviser later.

Yes, I've played a lot of Three Kingdoms games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Durzel posted:

If Oberyn fell in combat would the Dornish be upset? Its a fight he entered of his own volition, and an honourable death. That said I hope he does prevail otherwise we'd be losing one of the chillest characters on the show, and be left with Mountain 3.1 Pro.
I don't think they'd consider The Mountain honorable at all. Of course they'd be upset.

• Locked thread