Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I wish they werent saving all the good poo poo for the finale, I couldnt even muster a meh when Lyssa died. The Littlefinger kiss felt awfully contrived

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I gathered from the whole Melisandre scene that she wants to use Shireen to make another shadow babby? That just might be the straw that breaks Davos' back.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

Oh you don't need a degree to win arguments on the internet; just keep posting and posting until the thread gets gassed.

How's that for some prose?

Gas thread ban 80,000 word OP's. With Lyssa dead does that mean Peter is Lord of the Vale? Or is that little titty-sucker Robin lord? If so I would imagine he'll be the next one out the Moon Door..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

kiimo posted:

For once I watched the preview and I'm concerned now that Sansa will do a Stupid Thing again and rat on Littlefinger and the unsubstantiated hatred of her becomes a little more substantiated.

It would be a pleasant change for her to do something, anything rather than be carried along by the winds of fate like she has for four seasons.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

precision posted:

If IMDB is to be trusted, Gendry does not in fact appear at all this season. Not once.

You have gotten better at Rowing! (100)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Shadow posted:

Yeah, echoing posts made already about the Mountain, that was some of the most annoyingly over-the-top camera work the show has done. It was beyond unnecessary and flat out cheesy. Hmm, how do we make this 6'9 guy seem tall next to this 5'6 or whatever woman?

CAMERA TRICKS!

Seriously, upon a second viewing, all I could think was "Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum"

Bring back S1 Mountain

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Gianthogweed posted:

If we couldn't get Gregor1 back, I think I would have preferred Gregor2. Sure he's skinny, but he still looked imposing in armor and had a cool voice. He could probably act a lot better than Gregor3 as well. Although, I have a feeling Gregor3 will pull of the stunts required of him a lot better.

Gregor the Third looks too clownish for me and his Andre the Giant voice doesnt help. Ok, I get it The Mountain is big but lets not go over the top with a jovial Icelandic strongest man competitor okay?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

precision posted:

The difference in how Dany speaks now compared to season 1 is more noticeable to me, though I guess that's more deliberate as she blossoms into the flower of crazy queenship.

She started out getting her clothes torn off by dudes and now shes telling dudes to take off their clothes

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

bUm posted:

Also, the wights have some memory and capability for thought because they tried to kill Lord Commander Mormont (a natural target for a legion of coldmen wanting to invade the realms of man). There must be some sentience or that's an impressive coincidence

It was one of two dead rangers that were brought back within the Keeps walls. I thought he ended up in Mormonts chambers because it was late at night and that seemed to be the only bright and lit up room.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Great Enoch posted:

Are people irritated it's a bad welsh accent? Or just that it's a welsh accent?

At least he didn't insult his favourite writer's prose style.

LF is a pommie oval office.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bobo the Red posted:

Yeah, the Mountain has suffered a bit from being off camera a lot. Probably works better in a book format to have a character just be talked about. That's certainly why they had that stupid rear end scene: to reintroduce the character (with new actor) and making him seem "scary". Except it looked loving stupid.

I don't think so. There's barely reason to believe it happened at all. Littlefinger would be unlikely to source his poisons that way, since it adds a layer of risk.

Pycelle probably didn't help Littlefinger though. He seems to be pretty pro-Lannister (he helped keep the truth from coming out).

I just rewatched all of Tywins scenes from S1-4 on youtube and I totally missed tall, skinny lanky-rear end Mountain. Holy gently caress that was some piss-poor casting

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Mance is arriving at the speed of plot. The only way I can see the Wall not falling is if the white walkers get in the way.

I get that the world north of the wall is pretty big but 100,000 dudes not encountering the shambling zombie horde at the end of S2 is ruining my immersion.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

bobjr posted:

Mance was scared to attack the wall when Karl Fookin Tanner, the legend of Gin Alley was about. Now that he's dead all bets are off.

Climbing it looked to be a huge hassle when Tormund and the gang did it, plus the Watch could just shoot their asses off from the top, which makes the tunnel the only logical place to attack.

Too bad Thorne refuses to seal it. I hope they at least turn it into a murderhole.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

rypakal posted:

It's the same thing that happened in the riverlands. Tywin put Harrenhall as supreme over the riverlands, and gave it to Baelish. So whoever ends up with riverrun just has that place, is not lord over the riverlands. Just the same, Tywin moved the control over the North to the Boltons. He intends for Sansa and Tyrion to take winterfell back and probably for them to reclaim the north from Bolton using the stark name as leverage. As Roose says this season, being given the post of Warden of the North is a lot easier than actually claiming it.

I just wanna see Sansa have a wild sex scene. Shes been married or betrothed how many times now? And never gets any booty. Meanwhile...Denaerys

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

OrangeKing posted:

We're in autumn -- the maesters in charge of doing weather/climate forecasts declared it so in one of the earlier seasons (2, I think). Based on the way people talk about summers and winters in the show/book though, I'd say that autumn and spring are probably shorter, transitional periods and not the many years-long seasons that those two are.

tl;dr winter is coming

Ned was right

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

beanieson posted:

there isn't even a new episode this Sunday, we're in for another week of this thread

I'm rewatching all of S1 this weekend in honor of there not being a new episode. I looked up and read some things (not the books) about the origins of Jon Snow in regards to Ned, Robert Baratheon and Lyanna Stark, Neds sister. I'm curious if discussing poo poo that is not in the show or the books but is just theory and speculation is considered spoilers?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

MrBims posted:

How can something be not in the show or the books.

Edit: I guess DVD extras are a grey area?

Its just a theory some dude made up about who Jon Snows mom might be..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yeah those are the ones. If thats the case it could potentially end up with Jon Snow the bastard despised universally by everyone as having a legit claim to the throne!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

On the kings road Ned and Robert are talking about girls and tavern wenches and Robert mentions Wylla and calls her Neds bastards mother. Ned says he'll never speak of it so it could be a bullshit story he doesnt wanna flesh out.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

So uh.. how about the Mountain vs. Oberyn?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Well I just rewatched it and the last conversation between Ned and Jon before they parted ways Ned used the words: "A Stark" and "My blood" but he never called him his son, ever. So I'm not convinced that Jon is relagated to the Wall forever and will not figure more prominently in the greater game.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bobo the Red posted:

Jon Snow is really quite probably not Ned's son, but his nephew, and heir to either the Baratheon throne or the Targaryen one. Unless the whole thing is a hilarious red herring GRRM put in.

I really doubt he'd ever take the throne. He wanted to forsake his vows for his family, but learned not to. I doubt after a while longer in the Night's Watch, he'll then forsake it to be king, especially since he'd be pretty obviously an enormous deserter and oathbreaker (that Ned would behead in a second if given the chance).

But the only really pure souls in the entire show are Ned and Jon, dudes who always do the right thing for the greater good, honor, etc. I could totally see Jon reluctantly ruling if there was no one else.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I got on Oberyn

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Elephanthead posted:

HBO is hoping magic somehow finishes the last book cause GRRM will never do it. Ah magic the savior of the lazy writer.

I just need some closure about Benjen Stark..

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Stannis is a butt, Davos would make a better king.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Ballz posted:

And with that, let's get back to show chat. I'll let Seth and Snoop get the conversation going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79DeJqyhwWs

This is beautiful thank you for this.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Only three more days

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

bob holness paradox posted:

Tywin threatened to make Loras a Kingsguard if Olenna didn't agree to marry him to Cersei.

If Tommen marries Margaery the houses are already combined, idk why they dont just let Cersei be a spinster.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

rypakal posted:

To end those disgusting rumors once and for all. He literally says that.

Lololo so they betroth her to a gay guy

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bobo the Red posted:

Also, Tyrion didn't poison his relationship with Cersei. Cersei hated him from the day he was born (as we were told once again by Oberryn last episode)

She pinched his little pecker

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Maybe Jamie had one of them funky washed out sheepskin condoms from Mole's Town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

rejutka posted:

This thread is like a faded memory of itself.

Isnt it time for the 408 thread?

• Locked thread