Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Mide posted:

I find it funny that Hot Pie has had more airtime than Gendry. Hell, even Syrio has had more airtime by being mentioned this season.
I want the cliff hanger at the end of the season to be Gendry's boat finally landing ashore.

What the fucks a Gendry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

kiimo posted:

I had no idea Bronn was leaving for good until this thread today

I can honestly tell you that "this" thread or any other thread has no idea if this is true or not.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

ultramiraculous posted:

The matte paintings in Season 1 are just rough in general. I caught someone up on the show recently and there a few shots with the Red Keep in the background that are pretty rough, to say the least.

Weird, almost like the software and hardware get better every year.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

TheDon01 posted:

How did the Lannisters (and the small council) find out about the hound saying "gently caress the king" a few episodes back? I thought Hound/Arya killed everyone in the tavern.

Varys little birds are actually spy drones

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Falsey posted:

I wish they'd at least have the trust in their audience that he does. Even ignoring the Littlefinger scene, it's frustrating when a great conversation like with Tyrion and Oberyn ends with Oberyn saying, "I will begin with Ser Gregor Clegane, who killed my sister's children and then raped her with her blood still on his hands, before killing her, too."

Yeah you just told Tyrion that story like 4 episodes ago, we got it.

"Who is this Locke fellow and why is he going with Jon? He looks like a shady fellow." - this thread

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

BioMe posted:

Even the goldfish in this thread still realized he was shady :colbert:

And yeah I forgot who he was too.

And that's why everything has to be said at least a half dozen times. They have to count on goldfish memories. And thematically it works because you need to be reminded that Oberyn isn't just a sex bot, he's really loving mad. And in their previous meeting Tyrion was a relatively happy fellow, and now he has just as much reason to hate his family as Oberyn does. Repetition of his goals has value here, particularly when you've just seen the Mountain hack up some cowering grown men. Because now you can hear those words and imagine him doing the same to an infant and a little girl.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Bobo the Red posted:

I don't like Cat because her dying act was to murder an innocent woman. Sorry if that's "goony".

Hey, she made a vow. She had to fulfill it. Unlike the men in her life, she takes her vows seriously.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

I can't wait to see what he says next. I hope HBO options this show.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Shadow posted:

She's the rightful heir to Winterfell. I don't really understand how Roose Bolton could be given dominion over land on the one hand, and Tywin talking about Sansa's children inheriting Winterfel with Tyrion being Regent until that happens.

Which is it? Am I mixing up timelines?

It's the same thing that happened in the riverlands. Tywin put Harrenhall as supreme over the riverlands, and gave it to Baelish. So whoever ends up with riverrun just has that place, is not lord over the riverlands. Just the same, Tywin moved the control over the North to the Boltons. He intends for Sansa and Tyrion to take winterfell back and probably for them to reclaim the north from Bolton using the stark name as leverage. As Roose says this season, being given the post of Warden of the North is a lot easier than actually claiming it.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Ballz posted:

Not in the show he wasn't. Stop projecting events from the book as if they're the same as the show.

Indeed, if anyone is confused Stannis outright says he learned it form Ned. e: Video doesn't allow embedding, so beware!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDVvvjhsOAc&t=53s

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

No More Heroes posted:

If Tommen marries Margaery the houses are already combined, idk why they dont just let Cersei be a spinster.

To end those disgusting rumors once and for all. He literally says that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

bUm posted:

but then got pissed at even a slight mention of the books

Nevermind how upsetting mentioning the books is when people literally ask questions about them/only answerable with them.

I am now thoroughly convinced that I was wrong; as wrong as I was when thinking historical tidbits you'd only know from reading the books might be interesting to show viewers.

I'm going to just hope you're new here, and not completely loving retarded. Because this has been a rule for seasons, and "read the loving OP" is the rule all over SA.

You don't get to pretend to feign surprise if you're not new here, and you apparently need to lurk more if you are.

• Locked thread