Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Go Red Viper :black101:

Sansa with her snowcastle of Winterfell was :3:

I would not be surprised if when Mance Rayder attacks Castle Black, he has blueprints supplied to him by Littlefinger because why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I saw it as demonstrating Oberyn sincerely is a great guy who knows honor and fairness. Taking him saying "I didn't see a monster. I saw a baby" was his way of saying that tyrion is seen as the human he is, not as a dwarf that seems to scare everyone so much so they exaggerate his deformities. At a time like this tyrion had to have loved hearing he has a friend.

Red viper can't be cooler to me. He steals every scene he's in and he comes off so wise and so caring while being incredibly intelligent and supposedly a badass.

God I hope he's good enough to take on the mountain

Tywin/Cercei are kind of hosed though when it comes to getting rid of Tyrion. Dorne has Myrcella in "safe keeping", and if something happens to Oberyn (who remember is brother to the ruler of Dorne) then "something" could easily happen to Myrcella as well - especially if the Mountain is the one that does the deed. The Lannisters can't really afford to piss off Dorne too much.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

ironlung posted:

When you put it like that, it seems obvious where this is headed... Tyrion going into exile across the pond and eventually joining up with Dany.

Which could be interesting - Tyrion as the brains of the operation, and the Martells (who are probably the most sympathetic house to the Targaryens) allowing Dany to use Dorne as the beachhead for an invasion.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Periodiko posted:

She's basically his captive. He's literally murdered several people in front of her and is a habitual liar, I'm sure if she could be somewhere else and be safe, she would. Doting on a beautiful warrior queen half your age is not nearly as bad as capturing someone then perving on them because they look like their mother.

Sansa's still in the best position she's been in since her dad got his head chopped off. Littlefinger is creepy as hell but he's also not going to let any harm come to her.

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

Man I've got this awful feeling that he won't make it, but Tommen would be an awesome king :unsmith:

Tommen seems like someone who is too weak-willed to stand up for anything and he'll just get steamrolled by whoever happens to be around. Granted he is still a kid but once Tywin keels over, Cercei will likely be pulling his strings and she's closer to Joffrey in temperament.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
I've enjoyed the books (caveat: I read the first two and stopped in book 3 last summer before the events of the Red Wedding for reasons.) No, GRRM is not Tolkien but he does tell a good story. I do wish it wasn't quite as wordy - I think fantasy writers in general have gotten the idea that lots of books = better, but you can read the books pretty quickly.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Speaking of succession chat:

I'm guessing Cercei is currently Tywin's heir (assuming Tyrion either gets Mountain'ed or otherwise removed from the line of succession), what happens after her? Would it go to Tommen, or back to another Lannister?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

He decided to go on a trip to wherever Gendry has been rowing.

Then they meet up with Rickon Stark, hijinks ensue.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

bUm posted:

If you aren't super sensitive and worried about this spoiling you, the reading (with pictures, transitions into a scene from S1) of his dream will be of interest to you.

It kind of trails off at the end from the text, the parts that may be less clear are: he promises Lyanna to keep her secret (presumably, as per theories, that Jon is Rhaegar's child) and only Ned and Howland Reed survive the encounter with the three Kingsguard despite it being 3v7.

It makes a lot of sense though. It explains why the Kingsguard are guarding Lyanna - really guarding Rhaegar's child and potential heir to the Throne, and why Eddard who seems like the last person to cheat on his wife brought home a "bastard." It may also explain why Eddard seems to be a lot more forgiving of the Targaryens than Robert, if Lyanna and Rhaegar's relationship was more than just "he kidnapped her."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Frostwerks posted:

This sounds like the "Elvis and Tupac are alive and eating at Dennys" I heard all the time about in elementary school.

Nonsense they were at Shoney's

• Locked thread