Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

precision posted:

If Oberyn gets defeated, Tywin better STOP THE drat MATCH before the Mountain kills him or I will hate GRRM even more than I already do. Introducing a character that cool, nuanced and potentially important only to off him so quickly would be lovely writing even for GRRM.

Ned Stark died in 9 episodes. It would be perfectly consistent for GRRM to introduce and kill off Oberyn in 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Can someone give me an example of why the prose in the book is bad? I feel like a dude who writes Tyrion/Bronn dialogue can't be a bad writer

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Manic Mailman posted:

You know what game of thrones episode 8 needs? A one hour flashback episode.

Oberyn and Mountain charging up for an hour, then NEXT TIME ON GAME OF THRONES

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

At the end of S3 melisandre was like "yoooo everybody get hype someone is gonna finally loving fight the white walkers" and in 7 episodes the only thing Stannis has done is go to the bank

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

Melisandre said last season that the 'true battle' was in the North, which could either mean Night's watch vs Mance's army or humanity vs white walkers.

Theon vs. Reek

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

I can't tell if being played by 3 different dudes means Mountain is more likely or less likely to die

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

No More Heroes posted:

I just wanna see Sansa have a wild sex scene. Shes been married or betrothed how many times now? And never gets any booty. Meanwhile...Denaerys

Are we requesting sex scenes? I want one with Nana Tyrell/Tywin and also would like Oberyn to reveal that his hate for the Mountain was actually just sexual tension.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

And the Mountain has the Viper on the ropes, looks like he's signalling for the Sherpa Killer! A hopeless situation for the Red Viper. But wait, IS THAT SANDOR CLEGANE'S MUSIC

*who let the dogs out blares over the arena loudspeakers*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

That DICK! posted:

Manager Petey "The Brain" Baelish declares that the only way for Oberyn to win the Trial by Combat is to bodyslam the Mountain.

Oberyn has Clegane in the Cobra Clutch! The mountain is going to tap! The mountain is going to tap! But wait a gorgeous blonde is doing a sexy dance on the apron and distracting the Viper!

*The royal minstrels play Every Rose Has Its Thorn*

Its Loras Tyrell! Oberyn can't keep his eyes off the pillowbiter, and doesn't notice the mountain reaching for a steel chair...

• Locked thread