Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Website
:siren:It's out:siren:
This game is apparently really divisive. In short, it's AssCreed+hacking, but you might wanna read the thread and look at some videos to see if it's up your alley.

Story
Watch_Dogs(or Watch Dogs, still unsure about that) is an open world sandbox game set in a modern day Chicago that, after a disgruntled power station employee uploaded a virus that damaged Chicago's power network, connected the entire city to a Central Operating System(CtOS).

Our Hero

Aiden Pierce is our incredibly stupidly dressed protagonist, a skilled hacker and former thug, who lost a family member(his nieceapparently) to a generic "violent tragedy", and picked the "seek bloody vengence" option on the menu. He aslo got a side order of "dresses like a goony goony goonlord".
He and his hacker buddies are going to bring the system down and blah blah blah, it's a pretty generic low sci-fi plot.

Features
-Guns!
-Cars!
-Hacking!
-Customize his goony outfit!*
*Will not make it any less goony.
-And this thing!

Videos

Hacking Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARhYRSl05Jw

Story Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk

Multiplayer Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKwn4nK5J28

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Corner of Relevant Things

:siren:Spoilers:siren: (Also, loving hilarious)

Sef! posted:

I don't know if this has already been discussed or whatevs, but I figured I'd go ahead and post about it since it was driving me up the wall. If you are a PS4 user and have the Season Pass, but still can't access any of the day-1 content, it is available on the Playstation store. You just have to search for it. Go to Games > New > Add-Ons, and then use the "search for more add-ons" button on the far-right. The Untouchables pack and Conspiracy! Digital trip are both up and ready to download (Untouchables is two separate downloads for some reason). If you have the Season Pass, you won't have to pay for them. Note: as far as I can't tell, this stuff still isn't showing up in the Download menu in the game itself.

:siren:Graphics fixes:siren:

grrarg posted:

re: the last 5 pages of idiotic graphical settings chat

Read nvidia's Watch_Dogs Graphics, Performance & Tweaking Guide. It explains every setting and the effect on framerate, and there are interactive comparisons to show the visual difference between the various settings.

TL;DR chart version

Reive posted:

Here's another leak, this time a full res screenshot, way prettier than those marketing videos made it out to be:

:siren:Spoilers:siren:

pengun101 posted:

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2014/05/watch-dogs-opening-sequence-xbox-360.html?m=1

First 10 minutes of the game, Spoilers obviously. looks interesting enough.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

They're doing some live stuff over at Gamespot for Watch Dogs. They specifically said no story stuff so they'll just be doing random crap (At least, so far I guess? I don't know if that'll change but I doubt it.) Playing on PS4.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/watch-dogs-now-playing/2300-6418882/

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 30, 2014

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

What about the other thread? I don't like change.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Back Hack posted:

It was old, lovely and the OP was severely outdated.

Get with it old timer. :colbert:

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Also reserved for the trip report next week. Launch party in Toronto. Will post pretty pictures and everything, maybe of a local strip club while I'm at it.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
This game looks loving terrible

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

WYA posted:

Then the OP is perfect then!

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cool new thread, I like when people spice up the OP with some hiilarious jokes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

WYA posted:

It does.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

I fully expect the first 10 min. to be "hacker" bingo:
ie. 1 4chan reference, 1 guy fawks mask unlock, 1 hollywood hack, 1 gunfight while the computer hacks itself, 1 token femme fatale (who is also a hacker), 1 token black guy (who is not a hacker, or a holder of any degree but Masters in Jive), 1 token russian guy (who is just evil, because he has 2 speaking lines), 1 reference to Nihilism or Snowden, or the Bush/Gore election boxes.

Bonus round is: 1 reference to an illuminati/CIA plot to control the internet. 1 reference to the 99% and wall st algo trading.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

WYA posted:

Preordered

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Hal_2005 posted:

ie. 1 4chan reference, 1 guy fawks mask unlock, 1 hollywood hack, 1 gunfight while the computer hacks itself, 1 token femme fatale (who is also a hacker), 1 token black guy (who is not a hacker, or a holder of any degree but Masters in Jive), 1 token russian guy (who is just evil, because he has 2 speaking lines), 1 reference to Nihilism or Snowden, or the Bush/Gore election boxes.

Bonus round is: 1 reference to an illuminati/CIA plot to control the internet. 1 reference to the 99% and wall st algo trading.

9.0/10 on IGN (not an average)

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Back Hack posted:

Change would be a good thing. That last thread was loving terrible.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like this threads already going the same way as the last one. Carry on, you misunderstood comedians.

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf

Mr Scumbag posted:

Change would be a good thing. That last thread was loving terrible.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like this threads already going the same way as the last one. Carry on, you misunderstood comedians.

It's almost as if this thread is about the same subject as the last one

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I bet you're gonna follow people in this game a lot, both on foot and in car, running and walking slowly.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Fonzarelli posted:

I bet you're gonna follow people in this game a lot, both on foot and in car, running and walking slowly.

That's so last century, dude! It'll be about following people via mobile phone and computer, facebook and twitter.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Kind of let down OP doesn't have that idiot's rants about his vidya gaem based on remote vibrators or whatever the gently caress. Was the best part of the old thread.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Last time I spotted this it looked like a pretty cool idea because Assassin's Creed is a decent series to start with and the hacking stuff from old gameplay videos seemed fun, what the gently caress happened to make everyone say it's bad?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Pierson posted:

what the gently caress happened to make everyone say it's bad?

The lighting isn't super oh my god shadowshadowshadow, it has a genuinely good concept therefore must be shat all over and of course, above all, its coming out soon. Oh, and people don't like multiplayer features.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Well gently caress that because that multiplayer invading looks really fun and I can live with a generic cyber-hacker plotline and whitebread protagonist if the game wrapping it up is good.

VVV Ah. That's a much more reasonable concern, fair enough.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 17, 2014

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I'd imagine most skepticism actually comes from the fact that it's an Ubisoft open world game. That doesn't mean it's going to be terrible or anything, but it will be pretty surprising if it isn't a very slight reskinning of the concepts that are already in AC and Far Cry, complete with tailing missions, outposts, and a story that thinks too highly of itself.

Also, the intriguing premiere video slowly gave way to less interesting stuff like spider mechs and shooting dudes with guns. If it had been entirely about a relatively grounded version of Chicago with super deep interaction via hacking that would have been great. Realistically, you're not going to be walking around amazed at all the dirt you're pulling up on random people and using that information in inventive ways, but seeing all that stuff as randomized data that you plug into a handful of prescribed mechanics.

It could still be pretty fun though, in the same way that climbing and stabbing people is fun in AC, or hunting endangered animals to make a wallet is fun in Far Cry.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 17, 2014

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I'd imagine most skepticism actually comes from the fact that it's an Ubisoft open world game. That doesn't mean it's going to be terrible or anything, but it will be pretty surprising if it isn't a very slight reskinning of the concepts that are already in AC and Far Cry, complete with tailing missions, outposts, and a story that thinks too highly of itself.

Also, the intriguing premiere video slowly gave way to less interesting stuff like spider mechs and shooting dudes with guns. If it had been entirely about a relatively grounded version of Chicago with super deep interaction via hacking that would have been great. Realistically, you're not going to be walking around amazed at all the dirt you're pulling up on random people and using that information in inventive ways, but seeing all that stuff as randomized data that you plug into a handful of prescribed mechanics.

It could still be pretty fun though, in the same way that climbing and stabbing people is fun in AC, or hunting endangered animals to make a wallet is fun in Far Cry.

I found the last thread to be kinda funny to read through, considering how little gameplay we've seen. Especially after reading the prerelease threads for GTA5 and SR4.

Also, please replace the OP with all neoseeker posts from the last thread.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.

Broken Cog posted:

I found the last thread to be kinda funny to read through, considering how little gameplay we've seen. Especially after reading the prerelease threads for GTA5 and SR4.

Also, please replace the OP with all neoseeker posts from the last thread.

Neoseeker is the last bastion of hope for our pitiable industry. Praise our saviour for showing us the light of his limitless video game design intellect, he shall herd the pathetic sheeple to a new dawn of revolutionary enlightening interactive experiences.

Also nothing is as funny as reading the neogaf leak thread and basking in the hilarity of spergs either hailing it as the besterest game ever because Aiden's coat is shiny or panicking over every bit of jank they see. We still haven't reached GTA V levels of silliness, but I'm sure at some point someone will deduce that there are no pedestrians while driving and no car damage and 32x32 road textures because the LODs forgot to load for a second.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

If this game allows me to sit at a major intersection and just constantly change the traffic lights then it will be GOTY.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

IchGestalt posted:

If this game allows me to sit at a major intersection and just constantly change the traffic lights then it will be GOTY.

Unironically this. I don't care much if I can stop crimes or debate the moral ambiguity of shooting virtual mans before or after they shoot other virtual mans for the sake of my glorified wanted level. That stuff's cool and all, but I just want to behave like the dorky rear end that I am and sit around loving with the AI and snickering at the reactions to sudden massive car pileups and exploding fuse boxes.

Moartoast fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 17, 2014

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Moartoast posted:

Unironically this. I don't care much if I can stop crimes or debate the moral ambiguity of shooting virtual mans before or after they shoot virtual mans for the sake of my glorified wanted level. That stuff's cool and all, but I just want to behave like the dorky rear end that I am and sit around loving with the AI and snickering at the reactions to sudden massive car pileups and exploding fuse boxes.

If the game does this, I will be happy.

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~
Is there a reliable source of the street boundaries? I am excited to see if my home made it into the game.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So the world's most dangerous Flobots fan is going to use his Internet power to Defeat The Bad Guys.

The gameplay seemed interesting, but I've not very high expectations for some reason.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So the world's most dangerous Flobots fan is going to use his Internet power to Defeat The Bad Guys.

The gameplay seemed interesting, but I've not very high expectations for some reason.

It's a new Ubisoft IP basically designed around becoming a franchise, heavily processed by something like 10 different studios. I'm fairly confident that it will be a fun enough romp with some neat twists on open-world fuckery, but it will still be the typical safe Ubi affair, for better and for worse. Thankfully, Ubisoft's formula largely appeals to my tastes, but WD certainly ain't gonna be revolutionary or game-changing or whatever.

And yeah the plot will be laughable tripe with some okay bits, as it is with pretty much every open-world game that isn't written by Black Isle vets. And I will be astounded if the main story missions aren't railroaded crap that alters between GTA-brand crappy mission design and FC3-brand crappy mission design. Don't forget forced stealth sections that even Blacklist couldn't resist cramming in for good measure.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
http://wccftech.com/review/watch-dogs-review-hacker-hoped/
first review.
apparently the multiplayer is kinda crap, but everything else is mostly alright.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Everything about this game looks really great, and I can't wait to play it.

Ataru13
Jul 28, 2005

...Packing Space-Age Shit!

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Also, the intriguing premiere video slowly gave way to less interesting stuff like spider mechs and shooting dudes with guns.

If it makes you feel any better they've revealed the spider mechs aren't real; they're part of an augmented reality minigame you play on you're in game phone.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

pengun101 posted:

first review.
apparently the multiplayer is kinda crap, but everything else is mostly alright.

That reads like a list of features a company would put out. They did not like the multiplayer, yes, but there is nothing about the single player that isn't a description. I sure would have liked to know what ways the single player was supposedly good.

They did point out one thing though: turning off online stuff resets skills to zero. I don't know if it is online only skills or all skills; the article was terribly written and used both terms interchangeably.

quote:

One huge caveat/punishment Ubisoft implemented is when you do turn off the Online Option, all your skills accumulated are reset to zero. You read that right. They all get reset to zero. All the online-specific skills reset to zero as punishment for not wanting to play online, something which is entirely disappointing.

VVVVV To be honest it feels like that to me too.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 17, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

That reads like a list of features a company would put out. They did not like the multiplayer, yes, but there is nothing about the single player that isn't a description. I sure would have liked to know what ways the single player was supposedly good.

I don't think this site actually played the game. Can we get confirmation that the embargo is up? I don't see reviews anywhere else and that site claims they played the Xbox One version.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Hal_2005 posted:

You're one for eleven, slick. Give up while you're behind.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

I said come in! posted:

I don't think this site actually played the game. Can we get confirmation that the embargo is up? I don't see reviews anywhere else and that site claims they played the Xbox One version.

pretty sure the embargo hasn't been lifted also it's quite unusual for it to be lifted during weekend as well

also im :lol:in at the video the reviewer uploaded on liveleak

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

pengun101 posted:

first review.

Pretty sure this guy is reviewing the multiplayer beta build that has no single player content.

VarXX fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 18, 2014

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

http://wccftech.com/review/watch-dogs-review-hacker-hoped/#ixzz322G4j6ak posted:

Aiden Pearce trusts very little people in a tough Chicago world full of the underworld contacts which he works with and works against.

Along the way, you do get grouped into quests involving different characters that are not necessarily related to the main storyline, Joseph DeMarco being one of them as we saw during E3 2012.

The variety in these skills is refreshing. You can become an auto-weapons expert or become really great at hacking with improved skills that help avoid detection.

Aiden Pearce also has weapons of course such as the IED and guns, but players can choose to be glued to their phone or just use a method of direct brute attack.

The main weapon of choice for Aiden Pearce is his ultimate cell phone, which is the central thing to his power.

How do I English

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I want this Iconic™ Hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Someone finally leaked a bit of proper HD footage that shows off some car 'splosions and civilian reactions to Aiden going postal. Nothing too remarkable, but it's neat. (For posterity, here's a mirror if it gets taken down from DM)

Only pet-peeve I have so far is lack of bullet wounds, but that's just me being a sperg spoiled by RDR and MP3.

• Locked thread