Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

It was a once in a lifetime live experience.

Luckily for you it looks like they are going to do it again except with more hot hot ROH vs NJPW action!

Hopefully TNA is dead by then so Lashley is freed up to show these guys what a real star looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

You could tell the crowd was nuclear for the entire show but it wasn't really that loud on the stream

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How was Nakamura vs Steen?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How was Nakamura vs Steen?

Fantastic, may have been the match of the night for me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

In order to really hear the crowd you had to have it up enough that commentary was really loud.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
At the same time though, I never had trouble hearing loud chants. The crowd just didn't come off as hot as Toronto. Hurt the show for me.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
The only things that came off loud on iPPV were Bullet Club's opening segment, Liger, and Tanahashi.

PS. Some of you really like Lethal/KUSHIDA which was just good at best, which is strange.

B Is For Razor
Jun 21, 2007
Even in the left lower balcony which had a lot of stupidity (including multiple small attempts at USA chants during every match w anyone Japanese) I thought the crowd was super hot and into everything. Kushida/Lethal was amazing live and I don't think anyone was silent at any point from Young Bucks/redragon to the end of the show.

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie
So UStream has the show split into two parts and it looks like they're $15 each, as opposed to the $15 for the full live show yesterday. Am I just a dummy?

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

MiketheGreat posted:

So UStream has the show split into two parts and it looks like they're $15 each, as opposed to the $15 for the full live show yesterday. Am I just a dummy?

Both halves are included with one purchase

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's a shame we came across so low because it was the best crowd I've ever been in.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Yeah, just finished reDRagon/Bucks and it was pretty clear (visually) you guys were going nuts but it wasn't there audibly until the last sequence.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I murdered my voice on that 450 to break up the guillotine.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

weekly font posted:

I murdered my voice on that 450 to break up the guillotine.

I killed my voice during Nakamura/Steen and just beat that dead horse in the second half.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Just finished the show and was pretty much in :tviv: mode the entire show. That was the ROH I remember. It's nice to see Bobby Fish being so successful since the only memory of him I have is from a show in Hartford where faught Claudio and my friends I countered CC's "HEY" with "FISH" Really glad I bought both shows.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TUS posted:

Just finished the show and was pretty much in :tviv: mode the entire show. That was the ROH I remember. It's nice to see Bobby Fish being so successful since the only memory of him I have is from a show in Hartford where faught Claudio and my friends I countered CC's "HEY" with "FISH" Really glad I bought both shows.

My first memory of Michael Elgin is him being used as a jobber for the start of Jimmy Rave's post Embassy push. It's funny where some of the roster got their ROH start.

Zarikov
Jun 20, 2004

Metal Gear? Metal Gear? Metal Gear!
Dinosaur Gum
This is only the third wrestling show I've seen in person and I had a FANTASTIC time- Korean BBQ and bullshitting with goons was a great and I hope we can do something like this again some time.

Fun note: last ROH I went to I wore my Daniel Bryan t-shirt and IMMEDIATELY people were popping off YES! chants. Wasn't the case this time, until after the end at which point everyone was drunk and riled up and even a little kid wanted a picture with me. I think it's clear that I need to quit my day job and make a living as a professional Daniel Bryan impersonator.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

Zarikov posted:

Fun note: last ROH I went to I wore my Daniel Bryan t-shirt and IMMEDIATELY people were popping off YES! chants. Wasn't the case this time, until after the end at which point everyone was drunk and riled up and even a little kid wanted a picture with me. I think it's clear that I need to quit my day job and make a living as a professional Daniel Bryan impersonator.
When I saw you in person I thought that you were intentionally impersonating him, right down to how you'd curled your hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zarikov
Jun 20, 2004

Metal Gear? Metal Gear? Metal Gear!
Dinosaur Gum

Chortles posted:

When I saw you in person I thought that you were intentionally impersonating him, right down to how you'd curled your hair.

I swear it is just a really odd coincidence. I only started watching RAW maybe 4 months ago and I've had long hair and a beard for most of my adult life so far. Part of the reason I started watching the WWE was because multiple people (especially Explodeyourself) had told me how much I looked like Daniel Bryan. I just can't help but mark out for my doppelganger!

• Locked thread