Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The magician segment was okay but not great, the rest was dope as gently caress. And I actually really liked the wraparound too!

The third segment is called Bonestorm! I love this movie. and I'm pretty sure one of the skeletons flipped them off before it exploded. Dope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Attention Horse posted:

I'm a big fan of VHS 1 and 2, and I've just finished watching VHS Viral. I'm speechless... I mean... It was one of the worst movies I've seen this year. Magician was hilariously bad and cheap, the second segment was fantastic and then penises with mouths came out and my jaw dropped to the loving floor (I went from "this premise is great" to "I can't believe someone thought it was a good idea to make this" in about 10 seconds), and the skater part was weird, pointless and incredibly silly. The wraparound story also sucked and made no sense.

What the hell happened? Why this even came out? Literally every segment from earlier VHS is movies is better than anything in VHS Viral. I remember when VHS was about genuinely creepy stories, and now it's about... gently caress, I don't even know. It's like a clipshow of pure nonsense. What the gently caress was that bizzare scene with the gang and the dog stabbing?! Why everything looks so terrible? Why it's not pure "found footage"? Why it's not even about horror anymore?

Man, I really hope this is the last sequel to VHS.

Did you miss the "viral" in the name? This is like if a bunch of 16 year old kids remade a Treehouse of Horrors episode for Youtube. And it's DOPE!

• Locked thread