Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

precision posted:

I'm sorry you hate things that are hilarious and awesome. :(

I think some people expect horror in the their horror films.

I mean I found the bits funny and were probably even intended to be funny (I mean you don't throw a skeleton flipping off skater punks and not intend it to be funny) but some people (myself include) watch horror movies to be scared. The second bit had the most promise and "devolved" into comedy with the dick monsters. The best SCP bit is about an alternate dimension and I kinda thought they'd take a "is nearly the same but something is slightly off in a really unnerving but almost plausible way" not "people literally are demons". I think I almost got almost talked up too much about that segment due to the Slate review which was very vocal about not spoiling the "twist".

CD seems to be almost obsessed with saying people can't dislike a film for not being what they expected but it's a valid stance to have and I sympathize with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
SCP is almost all totally terrible and the specific one I mentioned is actually really good until you read the thing that explains it because nerds don't understand one of the greatest aspects of horror is the unknown and I wish I had never read the explanation.

Oh I lied there's another good one about an alternate dimension that we accidentally hosed them up and it's pretty funny how the alternate dimension keeps sending stuff into the teleportation chamber in an attempt at revenge.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Nah if I want a horror movie in a horror movie series and they make a comedy that is a valid stance to be upset about. I thought it was mostly pretty funny even though it would've been interesting for a couple sequences to have been serious.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
I thought you meant the first two segments of the first V/H/S because they were pretty much straight up horror and got confused.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Ghosthotel posted:

I'm in the "the silly stuff was awesome" camp.

demon dick is probably one of the funnier gags from the entire series for me and I guess I don't see it as silly and more as a legitimately funny joke.

You can see it as a legitimately funny joke and still think an interesting premise was mishandled.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Literally The Worst posted:

They're twelve. Twelve year olds are naturally assholes.

Didn't one guy have sleeves. Weren't they supposed to be end of high school at the youngest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
My B I'm a moron and just kinda assumed because everyone was talking about the skaters being annoying shitheads and kids.

• Locked thread