Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Having just watched Resolution I'm pumped as gently caress that Justin Benson is in this jam.

The only segment of the two V/H/S's I really just didn't like was the eye story. Even that one had some great visuals and interesting ideas but the main character was such an unbelievable cocknoggin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MisterBibs posted:

I remember goons (at least, I think it was on SA) flipping out about the sex scene, saying it was totally pointless. They didn't realize/understand that she had just talked about ignoring the ghosts, and was throwing herself at him to distract him from the ghost that was haunting her.

(Are we spoiling content for the earlier film(s)?)

It wasn't totally pointless, but that doesn't mean it was some great scene either.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Not that I don't trust you guys but any guesses as to why it already has a really low IMDB rating? Not that I trust IMDB ratings either but it seems strange.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Because IMDB users are stupid.

Having just watched it I have to agree. Really fantastic. The Magician may be my favorite segment of the whole series so far, and the second segment was hilarious.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The only thing I thought was rough was the wraparound segment. It just didn't really feel necessary in this one at all and the payoff was really predictable/minimal.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Magician was just visually really well done. I just enjoyed seeing the "magic trick" stuff for how seamlessly it was presented.

I kind of wanted a lot more backstory in Segment Two about what was going on in Demon Antichrist World, but then again, "less is more" and it's probably better not to explain it too much.

Segment Three reminded me a lot of Slumber Party Alien Abduction and in a very good way.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zVxTeflon posted:

I thought the first 2 movies were utter garbage is there any reason to think id actually like this one?

The first two segments of the three are quite different to anything in the first two films. The Magician in particular doesn't exactly play out as "found footage", you might like it. Depends on what you didn't like about the first two though, really.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Firstborn posted:

The only good skit was the portal one, and holy gently caress, I don't know where to begin. It was insane.
Was that something to do with Satanism? The upside down cross on the blimp... far and away the best skit.

Something like that. I took it to be a world where The Antichrist was ruling, or perhaps a world where Man was made in Satan's image rather than God's image - the opposite of our own.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Attention Horse posted:

the second segment was fantastic and then penises with mouths came out and my jaw dropped to the loving floor (I went from "this premise is great" to "I can't believe someone thought it was a good idea to make this" in about 10 seconds)

I'm sorry you hate things that are hilarious and awesome. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

Nah if I want a horror movie in a horror movie series and they make a comedy that is a valid stance to be upset about. I thought it was mostly pretty funny even though it would've been interesting for a couple sequences to have been serious.

Well I would say the segments in the first two V/H/S's weren't straight up horror and had plenty of humor so if you've seen them you should have expected humor was a possibility in this one as well. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Agreed, I thought the two main kids were really likeable and when the action started it was dope (as gently caress).

• Locked thread