Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Earl of ToeJam
Jan 22, 2012
There was an A/T thread about working on cruise ships a while back. I don't have the link handy but maybe look through the archives?

The gist of it was that working on a cruise ship could be a pretty sweet gig as long as you aren't a cook or housekeeper. IIRC the pay for musicians isn't great, but it can be a hella fun job. Especially if you love alcohol and partying.

I remember seeing somewhere that some cruise lines have you audition through youtube. They send you a packet of sheet music to sight read, and a CD of music to improv to. This was several years ago when I was looking into it, so I really don't know how it works nowadays.

The Earl of ToeJam fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Earl of ToeJam
Jan 22, 2012

Two Finger posted:

Oh and whoever was talking about how it's fun if you aren't a cook or housekeeper, if you aren't indonesian or filipino that won't be an issue (they only hire those guys from there)

Because they're the only people that'll take the slave wages offered.

• Locked thread