Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Thanks for the tips! Gonna change to James to a holy crusader who fights off White Court Raiths with his sick dance moves. (Inspired by Elbridge from mistaya's thread). Dropping the wealth and gang aspect. Cranking Performance and Driving (to get to the dances).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpa67jd1lB8

Okay, James has been rewritten into a dancin' fool. Click on the aspects for accompanying dances.

tokenbrownguy fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Krysmphoenix posted:

I'm also adding a few rule changes (again):

As I mentioned before, I finally decided to change Conviction and Discipline to Will and Casting. Any Power/Stunt references that use Discipline to defend against bad juju goes to Will. Any references that use Discipline to refer to using Powers goes to Casting. All other uses of Conviction stay with Will as normal (including True Faith).

Also, to balance out the Social side, Presence is being merged with Rapport, for all of it's uses. However in social situations I'll be a lot more open about how you can defend or attack to reduce some of the effective power in the enhanced Rapport.

To make it easier, I'll tell you if these skill changes affect you.

Everyone's characters
Over all there seems to be decent skill spreads. I'm seeing little driving and performance. Performance is one of those skills that will probably never come up unless you have a character based around that so that's fine. (It got removed in Core, if that says anything.) But hardly anyone has driving, and especially not above +1. I was hoping someone would take it a bit higher...

Mike Jones the Changeling – Arashiofordo3

Your rising conflict aspect name is way too long, your fad too. These are supposed to be short phrases. One thing I'd like to mention is that Faeries in particular have trouble with empathy in general. I'm not going to say you can't take it, but it feels odd that you have it above Deceit (which Glamours runs on). As a whole though, I feel like Mike needs a little more drama than just “I'm not sure who I am...”

Your City Creation stuff feels a bit weak too. Can you give me a Face to go with the Seelie court at least? They've already been known patrons of the arts, and this person will probably have some leverage over Mike.

Since I adjusted Rapport, you have 4 Social Stress, not 2. Your Mental Stress should be 4, not 5. Also I'm not sure you even need Casting.

You make some good points. I'll do some editing. Move some skills around I'm tempted to take driving but Mike strikes me as someone still in high school and making all of the same mistakes. I'll see what else I can throw in. Kinda want to do something about getting in trouble with gangs because he was seen with members of the other gangs, but I worry that would detract too much from the game.

I'm going too write more into my rising trouble because reading it back it seems really weak. Oh no a hobo! Now this girl knows my secret!

Frankly it needs more umpff. I'll add some bits about some kinda supernatural stalker.

I picked up casting as I was planning on branching out into summer spell casting. But on second thoughts it strikes me as the power for the character to become Fae on, rather than still having the choice. Instead I think I'll just improve glamours as time goes on.

Yeah, city creation was kind of a struggle for me.

Can I ask where in the book it defines the workings of glamour? because you guys seem to know a hell of a lot more than what information I've found so far.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Can I ask where in the book it defines the workings of glamour? because you guys seem to know a hell of a lot more than what information I've found so far.
Chapter 10: Supernatural Powers -> Faerie Magic -> Glamours. Or more specifically Your Story pg. 166. Here, I'll just copy it real quick.

Glamours [–2]
Description: You are able to create the basic glamours of the fae—minor veils and “seemings” that make something look like what it isn’t.
Skills Affected: Discipline Casting, Deceit.
Effects:
Minor Veils: With a moment of concentration, you may draw a veil over something (not particularly large—maybe the size of a small, tight group of people), hiding it from sight and other means of detection. Use your Discipline Casting or Deceit to oppose efforts to discover the veil. If the veil is discovered, it isn’t necessary pierced—but the discoverer can tell that it’s there and that it’s wrong.
Seemings: You are able to cause someone or something to appear to be other than what it is—usually this is personal, but it may be used on other objects and people if they belong to you or have entered a pact with you. You may use your Discipline Casting or Deceit skill to oppose any efforts to discover that the seeming is something other than real.

Okay, so maybe you could have used Casting after all, but it just feels more appropriate to be using Deceit for this. But I think having high Will and Deceit is better than having moderate of those two with Casting in the mix.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Krysmphoenix posted:

Shu the goddamn Corgi – LLSix

Everytime I run a Fate game, I'm always secretly hoping someone will go outside the human box and just play something crazy, like a dog. Just got a couple issues. Aspiration doesn't quite work, and honestly being a stray dog makes you hard to fit into the story. If you were adopted by one of the other party members as your Friendship aspect, that would be perfect. (A few families let their dogs run free anyway.)

Skills, please put them in a column so I can read them better. And you have no stunts. Since you aren't human, you need a LOT of stunts to cover all your dog parts. I don't know where to start but yeah. You definitely need Echoes of the Beast. (And I'll let the party understand you good enough, like Scooby even if you aren't a talking dog.)

Mysterious Black Path...doesn't give me anything to work with and yet the mystery of it as it winds everywhere makes it interesting. The Sheepdogs I can incorporate in easily.
Awesome. I've cleaned up Shu's skills and stunts. That aspiration was because I was hoping some kind player would adopt Shu during the first mystery. Totally forgot that could be handled by the friendship aspect.

The black path thing is a shockingly black bike trail that was built right in front of where I used to live and we used to play make believe up and down it while they working on it. When I moved back to the city it was very surreal for me to discover it reached almost all the way to downtown now. For me, there will always be a sense of otherwordliness to it. I thought it would be cool to make it serve as a collection of never never portals with maybe some bridge trolls thrown in like the one in Side Jobs. Do you want another city aspect from me? I like world building so it's no bother.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I was a Teenage Witch

seriously even with safesearch on it's hard to find non-pervy pictures of cheerleaders.

Name:Sam "Samantha" Cabot
Appearance: Medium height, slightly below average weight, Blonde hair, blue eyes,"cute"
Refresh: 2 (6 -2 for evocation -2 for stunts)
Template: Focused Practitioner (-2 refresh)
pre:
Consequences:
Physical: [][][]
Mental:   [][][][]
Social:   [][][][]
High Concept: All American Girl Aeromancer

It's the perfect life, grew up in the suburbs went off to school became a cheerleader, dating a member of the football team he's like so into me but my parents would totally have a cow if I did anything with him. Then I discovered my gift I'm cool with it but if anyone else finds out I'll be totally ruined they'd call me a freak and I'd never have a normal life.

Invoke:To lie about what she's doing, to be popular with the "in" crowd,
Compel:To be caught lying, to have the threat of being exposed,

Trouble: A Whisper on the Wind

I don't know why but whenever I go anywhere lately it always feels like someone is watching me. To make things even weirder I'll occasionally hear someone talking about me saying "she has prime potential" "she'd be the perfect recruit" but instead of being anyone around it's like a low-voiced whisper on the wind...
Invoke: Paranoia is healthy if people are out to get you, to use wind powers to eavesdrop on people,
Compel: Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone is out to get you, if people catch you spying they're not always happy about it.

Background: Helicopter Parents

Sam is an only child and her parents are incredibly insistent that she lives the "perfect" life. High grade averages, gotta be a member of the cheerleading squad, gotta learn to play a musical instrument, gotta be in the church choir. Sam has spent her whole life being smothered by her parents. The new-found ability to do magic is the first chance she's ever had to break out that straitjacket.

Invoke: To have access to whatever resources a pair of middle class parents can provide to their daughter.
Compel: So just what was so important that you had to skip cheer practice/piano lessons/homework last night, young lady?

Rising Conflict: Trouble in the Air
It was just another football game, that we we're losing going into the last quarter the <insert high school> team had only one chance to win a quick field goal before the game was over. So they set up for the kick and the kicker hit the ball and it was going wide and the game was lost*. Or it would've been if I hadn't been there it was suddenly as if I could see the ball moving in the air and it was the simplest thing in the world to give a it a little nudge of a breeze so it landed between the posts. That was the first time my powers manifested. The last time there were some creepy guys hanging around outside the mall who wouldn't leave the girls alone, till one of them was hit with a literal bolt out of the blue, now it could just be a coincidence but weird stuff like that seems to happen when I'm around.

Invoke: to manifest powers instinctively, to use powers when in danger, to have a natural affinity for air magic.
Compel: to fail to use powers on demand, to suffer from not having a "scholarly" understanding of magic.

Aspiration: Learning to Ride the Whirlwind

The only thing I want out of life is to find some way to control this crazy magic. I don't know how I do what I do with this stuff but surely there's someone out there who can point me in the right direction. Because if I don't get control of this thing soon I fear it's going to kill me, or I'm going to kill someone with it.

Invoke: To seek help and advice on magical matters, to be eager to gather magical lore, to take happily to training.
Compel: to make bad bargains in search of power/control, to not ask too many questions about what a person wants in exchange, to be naive about supernatural politics.

Friendship: To Be Filled In Later

Fad: Swimming

One thing about me is I love to swim, in a pool in a river in an old quarry hole it doesn't matter where. As long as I can dive into the water and have a nice relaxing swim I'm happy. Plus it's great exercise and really keeps you fit, you should all try it when you get the chance. Plus if I keep this up I might end up on the school swim team...

Invoke: to swim, do anything water related, be happy around the pool
Compel: to be a little miserable when she can't take time off to swim, to be blasé about any dangers in the water.

Skills:
Superb +4: Athletics
Good +3: Will, Rapport
Fair +2: Performance, Physique, Deceit
Average +1: Lore, Casting, Scholarship, Alert

Powers:

Channeling [–2] [air]

Stunts:
Best Foot Forward: People just like you, especially when you’re deliberately trying to make a good first impression (page 138). You gain a +1 on your roll to make a good first impression,and failing that roll cannot give you a negative temporary aspect or make the situation worse.

Personal Magnetism: You have a calm confidence that others find appealing. When rolling Presence to establish a “passive” reaction to you (Charisma, page 136), make the roll at +2.

City Creation: You Gotta Have Faith (religious book store.)
You Gotta Have Faith is a tiny little bookshop located in a side street just off the main drag in Kansas city. The owner boasts of having a copy of every major religions holy book and two dozen more that you've never heard of. The shop though largely subsists as a front for an extensive mail-order business with the staff claiming they can supply a copy of any religious text at short notice anywhere in the United States. Want a copy of the King James Bible in Slovenian they can get it, Dianetics in Mongolian? three copies on the shelf. Achmed the I Just Get These Headaches Book of Humorous Cat Stories? Well,normally we wouldn't carry something like that but for a special customer like you we can probably find a copy. The shop has also been known to sell minor magical grimoires (often with the actual magic encoded in religious thought and practice) and the owner is said to pay good money for any unusual or unique texts that people have for sale.

Face: Michelle George

Michelle is the owner/operator of You Gotta Have faith and is noted for being a devout follower of religion. The problem being that she'll follow pretty much any religion. One time you'll visit and she'll be a devout Sufist, the next Kabbalah, the time after that? Jehovah's witness. In Michelle's view all the religions are merely a conduit to bring an individual closer to god and the truth does not belong to any one religion but to them all. If you want information on every church,cult and movement in the mid-west for the last thirty years Michelles probably either heard of it, possesses a copy of it's holiest scripture or was a member herself and sometimes all three.

Aspects: Gotta Believe In Something, Biblophile

Backstory:
It's supposed to be an idyllic childhood I guess,House in the suburbs two loving parents and all that jazz. But like my parents are total control freaks, I'm not allowed any freedom if it's not cheer practice, it piano lessons if it's not piano lessons it's swimming, I mean I love em and all but I'm practically an adult now. I want to do my own thing and not be tied down to what my parents want me to do. Discovering I could do magic was great at first, I've got this whole thing that I can do that no one else can do and my parents don't know about it. Till I nearly killed that kid outside the mall the other week if that lightning bolt had been three feet to the left he would've been a smoking crater.If I don't get someone to teach me how to control this thing someone's gonna get hurt and it'll be all my fault.

Family

Gerry Cabot II aka Dad

Runs a hardware store down-town, A stolid serious sort of man he's nonetheless quite happy to get his hands dirty alongside his employees and can generally found pitching into the middle of any job that needs doing around the store. He mainly spends his time working hard to provide a decent living for his family and when not at the store can usually be found at the suppliers or the small lockup the business uses to store excess goods on the edge of town.

Aspects: Mr Fixit, Papa Bear

Amanda Cabot nee Beaumont aka Mom

Has a past that she occasionally hints at but won't talk about when she thinks her daughter is listening. Claims to her daughter that her mothering is just trying to make up for how her own parents treated her. Despite all this she works hard as a medical secretary at a local hospital.

Aspects: From The Wrong Side Of The Tracks, Just Want You To Have It All

Officer Frank Beaumont KCPD aka "Uncle Frank"

Grew up in a rough area and is perversely proud of having clawed his way out of it. The only way out for him was a scholarship place at a police academy, and he was delighted to return to the city where he grew up to keep the peace. Since then he's worked the same precinct for the last twenty years and knows everyone in the neighbourhood and everyone knows him. Rarely sees his niece but always has a present and a hug for her.

Aspects: Poacher Turned Gamekeeper, Married to the Job

Laurie the Cutter aka Lawrence Beaumont

The families "dark secret" Mom's brother who no one in the family will talk about. Ended up spending some time in a downstate institution for stabbing some guys after claiming that they were vampires or werewolves or something equally ridiculous. Now out of jail but with a criminal record he hires out to anyone who needs some cheap muscle or takes whatever simple odd jobs are going. Perfectly fine when taking his meds, but gets a little unhinged when they run out.

Aspects: Knife Nut, Somebodies Watching Me.

*I know next to nothing about American football so if anyone wants to correct me feel free to let me know and I can change it.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 1, 2014

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
I think Peter's app is done. Anything I'm missing or need to fix, mechanically?

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
Andrew's application is complete. I'd appreciate some feedback, if it's not too late.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

DeTosh posted:

Andrew's application is complete. I'd appreciate some feedback, if it's not too late.

Your fighting skills seem a little high for it to be only Andrew's fad, but that's not too bad.

Please explain your stunts, even if you did take them straight from the book. The Sight/Soulgaze doesn't quite need one because those are complicated.

I can't really do very much with the vending machine thing. But everything else you've given looks great.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde

Krysmphoenix posted:

Your fighting skills seem a little high for it to be only Andrew's fad, but that's not too bad.

Please explain your stunts, even if you did take them straight from the book. The Sight/Soulgaze doesn't quite need one because those are complicated.

I can't really do very much with the vending machine thing. But everything else you've given looks great.

Thanks. I'll make some edits to my application later tonight.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Right, edited my sheet for the stuff at last. Sorry it roommate e so long. Work has been mad this week.

Added a face for the summer court, expanded on both locations, shifted skills around a bit, and updated my condition boxes.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Shannon Burroughs
Appearance: Lean, middling height, androgynous facial features with short-cropped black hair.
Refresh: 4 (6 + 2 Mortal - 4 Stunts)
Template: Pure Mortal

Stress:
Physical: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Mental: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Social: [ ] [ ]

High Concept: Honors Student and Teen Detective
Newly-transferred to Kansas City from SoCal, following her father’s reassignment for a big new project (can’t let Verizon hog the market share for FTTP!), Shannon Burroughs has integrated seamlessly into her new academic environment. Smart, diligent, and looking to start on her internships the moment she gets her diploma, Shannon is a model student in nearly every respect. If only she could stop being found in places she’s very definitely not supposed to be...
Invoke: Maintain a good academic standing, show rigorous persistence and self-discipline, do the Veronica Mars thing
Compel: Be a stickler, be a meddling kid, gotta keep up that GPA!

Trouble: Are You A Robot? No, Seriously.
Shannon is...umm...well, she doesn’t have any kind of formal diagnosis, but emotions are not things she usually handles gracefully. Or tactfully. Or even really acknowledges, sometimes.
Invoke: Keep cool in a tense situation, be the level-headed one, put on a good poker face.
Compel: Be completely blunt or tactless, miss social cues not related to investigative work, be the fifth wheel in any setting less formal than a funeral.

Background: (Latch-)Key To The City
Big house. Empty house. Mr. and Mrs. Burroughs are big on doing the jet-setting, corporate power-marriage thing, which didn’t leave much time for them to get involved in raising their daughter. Most of her company comes from the help (indifferent-to-moderately-affectionate), her books (her truest friends), and Basil, her cat (also indifferent-to-moderately-affectionate). They still love her. They’re just really, really busy, and long-distance calls are expensive, so they have to hang up now, okay? They’ll be there at her next tournament. They promise.
Invoke: Have a large (if very sporadic) allowance, be well-read, handle formal occasions, be very self-sufficient
Compel: Not have a parental bail-out when it really counts, have trouble with any relationship less shallow than crepe paper, “HOW old are you this year, again?”

Rising Conflict: Punch On The Nose To Establish Dominance
It’s easy to get lost when you’re in a new city without anyone else to help you. Shannon’s pretty capable, but sometimes there are nasty things out there in the dark. Like the first full moon after she got unpacked - that always brings out the crazies. After a firm scolding from her housekeeper, she’s agreed to be more careful in the future, because you never know when some werewolf very large dog is going to come charging out of the bushes at you. Yes, you take those self-defense classes, and yes, it ran away after you bloodied its nose, but it’s still a dangerous proposition to stay out too late! drat Animal Control, why won’t they do anything about all these werewolves? very. Large. Dogs.
Invoke: Be brave and collected in the face of danger, meet the supernatural on its own terms, be a stranger in a strange land, know how to use KUNG-FU *gong*
Compel: Have a bit of a hair-trigger around spooky stuff, get in over your head with these paranormal shenanigans, you are GROUNDED young lady!

Aspiration: Walk That Line
Shannon’s known that she was going to be a detective from the moment she saw her first crime drama. It’s a higher calling than just being a regular old beat cop, and if anyone can clean up the streets while fixing the system from within, it’s gonna be her. And besides, what other detectives are going to be equipped to deal with all of this bump-in-the-dark insanity? It’s not like there’s a paranormal police force, right?

...right?
Invoke: Know legal and bureaucratic procedure inside and out, get out of trouble as quickly as you get in, be driven and focused in life, be in surprisingly-good shape for a highschooler
Compel: Annoy the actual authorities, mundane and magical, have trouble being taken seriously, be just a liiiiittle bit obsessive

Friendship: TBD

Fad: Animal Shrink
Cognitive psychology. The basis of behavior in higher organisms. What is it that drives a man to steal, or kill, or to rise above? How do songbirds exhibit so many complex behavioral patterns with such flexibility, and yet such tiny brains? Do these werewolves VLDs think like humans? Like canids? Like some bizarre hybrid of both? Why does Basil always pick that one spot on the carpet to yak, NO KITTY THAT’S A VERY BAD KITTY!
Invoke: Understand the scientific reasons behind animal behavior, get a general read on critters, have rudimentary veterinary skills
Compel: Be an armchair shrink, overestimate your own competence in dealing with animals, mistake a supernatural critter for a mundane one, no Basil you get back here RIGHT now, NO TREAT FOR YOU TONIGHT MISTER

Stunts:
(-1) Just The Facts, Please: Investigate - use Investigate in place of Empathy for countering Deceit
(-1) Something Doesn't Add Up Here...: Investigate - use Investigate in place of Lore for discerning thebpresence of the supernatural
(-1) AP Tutor: Scholarship - use Scholarship in place of Contacts when dealing with other high-school students
(-1) Self-Defense Classes: Fists - On a successful defense roll using Fists against a close-quarters attack, you may sacrifice your next action (giving this an effective limit of one per exchange) to treat the defense as a successful maneuver on your part (requiring no additional rolling).

Skills:
+4: Investigate
+3: Scholarship, Will
+2: Alertness, Athletics, Fists
+1: Physique, Resources, Stealth, Survival

City Creation

1) Look, up in the air!

911 dispatchers in cities across the world are used to getting crank calls. It comes with the territory - bored kids, bitter exes, grandma forgot her pills and that her car wasn't stolen, she just let the family borrow it and also she has no business driving with lenses that thick anyways. Reports of UFO sightings are a little rarer, because people who believe in that stuff tend not to be people with a lot of trust for the authorities. Even so, a rash of calls about strange objects high in the sky didn't draw too much comment by the water coolers.

Then they started getting calls about skydiving accidents.

Nobody goes skydiving over a city.

It wasn't the usual crowd of troublemakers phoning them in, either. Normal folks in full possession of their faculties swore up and down that they'd seen people falling from the air, minus anything resembling a parachute. No squirrel suits, no gliders - just some dudes, the ground, and ten thousand feet of sky between them. They sent out ambulances and search teams, and and made ready to contact some coroners and some next-of-kin, but no bodies ever turned up. Dozens of reports, and nary a splatter. Cases started getting forwarded straight to the circular file.

The latest call, courtesy of one Mrs. Bellamie Wayland, didn't. She was one of the regulars; one of the people the dispatchers know by their number before they even pick up and do their best not to sound exasperated. She'd seen something those other drat fools hadn't, and she would not be denied her vindication, not until someone at least heard her out. You see, those folks up in the air hadn't been falling. No, not falling at all.

Any honest soul'd tell you plain as day that they'd been walking. Out in the open sky. Like they were standing atop a tower made of glass.

Thesaurasaurus fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 3, 2014

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
Krysm, I've changed Andrew's sheet according to your recommendations. I've also added a different location for City Creation.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Note: all City Creation parts have been mildly edited to take out references to specific characters. If they didn't have aspects from you, they do now.

Brief Version of all of the below:

Google Fiber, coming near you!
White Council has token presence via a Warden.
Summer Court is around, patron of the local arts, with a few shenanigans.
Winter Court wasn't really mentioned, so I'll say they're staying low and changing local leadership.
Lycanthrope Biker Gang!
Little on actual Werecreatures, maybe they've been quiet all this time...
Small but present religious community.
Accorded Neutral Ground is a rather large park with leylines.
Lots of spooky little nooks and crannies everywhere.
Quite a few minor powers lurking about.

White Council

Haruka Midorikawa

Incredibly careless when not dealing with job related responsibilities. Relatively young compared to most White Council, but not that young, never gives a straight answer on her age apart from her birthday. Usually sleeps over in her office, occasionally comes home over the weekends. Her office Threshold is probably stronger at home, but the old house is kinda spooky.

Aspects: Married to the job, Clueless about mortal stuff

Faerie Courts

The Seelie Court

Situated in an theatre known for producing new and vibrant work. The summer court acts as muses for the local artists. Though they delight in spreading their circle of influence and obtaining people of other talents. They have a special interest in the nearby high schools, nothing like messing with young hormonal teenagers to while away their eternal hours. After all, the young are an infinite source of drama and excitement. So easy to manipulate and made to re-play the great tales. Yet this is not their greatest focus, the artists and actors are simply there to inflate their ego and the local teens are nothing more than an amusing diversion.

No, their great goal is to re-enact the great legends and stories through the medium of supernaturally inclined living people. So far the plays have all had relatively happy endings. But it is only a matter of time before they pick one with a decidedly more tragic ending.

Aspects: Supporter of the Arts, Tales of souls eternally retold

Holland Park & Kaw Point

Boundaries are nominally there for mortals. But what is significant for mortals invariably takes on a form of significance for the supernatural. (Or possibly vice-versa. It's one of those philosophical points that's been debated down the ages.) The Missouri River serves as part of the border between the states of Missouri and Kansas, and thus also serves as a boundary between the local Faerie Courts. At one bend in the Missouri River, however, it has a junction with the Kansas River, and as such serves as a particularly potent junction supernaturally. The waters there are especially good at neutralizing magic.

On either side of the river are two parks. On the Kansas side, there is Kaw Point; on the Missouri side, there is Holland Park. When the local Courts need to have a summit or meeting, it is usually in one of these two parks, depending on which Court is ascendant.

Aspects: Faerie neutral ground, Border of life and death

Leader of the local summer court - David Green

A surprisingly manipulative Sidhe, who seems obsessed with tricking people into acting out tails and legends for his amusement. The simple fact he does this without magic or mind control is symbolic of his rise to the seat of power that he has obtained. It is thought that he is capable of reading a Pearson in their entirety, and that this is the secret to his manipulation. David Green seems to have a interest in Mortals of a supernatural nature, especially changelings. But for other people this could range from creepy to downright lethal.

Aspects: All of your secrets laid bear, Let me tell you a story, Master of manipulation

Maria and Martin Fitzgerald

Maria and Martin are twin changelings of the Winter Court in Kansas City. Being the young, disaffected fey that they are, the mostly spend their nights at extravagant parties, skipping school, and being pawns in the games of the elder fae. Martin knows about James' fascination with Maria, and will go to any length to stop James from being a bad influence on her. Oh, and they're both world class dancers.

Aspects: Footloose, Winter Court pawns

Google

Nathan Ambrose

Google expects great things from Fiber, and Nathan is going to make sure his division delivers. Though young for a manager, Ambrose has a good work record and a natural talent for leadership. Moreover, he shows a willingness to get his hands dirty alongside his employees and is respected for that. What worries the company leadership is his independent streak. Nathan is deeply involved with Google's plans concerning the supernatural. Being ambitious and idealistic, he believes the company is being too cautious in simply working around the powers that be. With the world dominated by the supernatural, humanity needs someone to stand up for them.

Aspects: Lionheart legacy, Self-declared guardian of humanity

Richard Smith

Born in New York, Richard seems an odd fit for Kansas City. Life has a funny way of working, though. He didn't grow up in the best of places and didn't do well in school. Never much cared for it. So when he turned eighteen he enlisted in the Navy and never looked back. He became a Seabee and eventually retired at the rank of Commander. He joined up with Google through a veteran's program and has been with the company for a good five years now. Owing to his experience in the Seabees, Richard is in charge of all construction operations for Google in the Kansas City area. Richard is a bit of a jokester and is always ready with an entertaining story about his life in the Navy.

Aspects: Former Navy Commander, Wanna hear a funny story?

The "Catacombs"
Odds are, you don't know about this place unless you're a longtime resident of the Kansas side, or a Google employee. A few decades back, a construction crew unearthed what appeared at first glance to be a large building, buried in the earth. First glance being the operative term. Neither the first crew, or any subsequent workers have been able to make much progress excavating it. Accidents and equipment malfunctions have always managed to foil their efforts. The workers also reported hearing weird voices and sounds of people running around in an area that should be too cramped for much movement.

Also of note is the strange material comprising parts of the structure. It seems to be held together by some type of crystal, which remains unidentified. No tools available at the time could even break it apart. For years, the site stood abandoned until Google picked it up for a song from its frankly relieved owners. Time will tell what they use it for.

Aspects: Whispers in the dark, Brought to you by Google

Kansas City, Supernatural Side

Forest Hill Cemetery

Yes, it’s haunted. But then, all cemeteries are. Forest Hill is an old cemetery and big, with a lot of ghosts wandering between the stones and mausoleums. The spirits there aren't all in the best of shape, but there's always a few ready and willing to talk your ear off, given the opportunity. Every so often, Johnny Taylor comes out to play. Nice enough ghost and unlike the others, what he wants is simple: someone to hear his music.

Aspects: Ghosts of every flavor, Johnny Taylor's last gig.

Ethan's Esoterica

Ethan's Esoterica is one of those shops that doesn't seem to get a whole lot of visitors, and sells such a random assortment of ... well, what the unenlightened might call "junk," that many are surprised it stays in business. The truth is partly that Ethan Dempsey does a lot of by-phone or by-mail business, and he specializes in finding, acquiring, and selling the, surprise, esoterica needed by those in a supernatural trade. In the need for powdered frog tongues? You want the sun-bleached bones of a fawn slain by illness and not violence? All these and more are available through Ethan's Esoterica. He's got Kansas City's largest collection of weird and strange things in his shop or storage locker on the outskirts of town.

Ethan Dempsey is himself a minor talent, specializing primarily in rituals and various bits of lore, and he's gotten by on the largesse of various individuals or groups that needed something he could get his hands on. He never asks questions, which means he doesn't have to answer other questions later. He's been investigated by the authorities (both mortal and non) on the suspicion of being dirty, but has squeaked out without facing anything more than a slight inconvenience. He also can provide, for a price, tutoring in your basic magical education, provided you have actual talent to teach. (He gets far too many wannabes that think they can substitute enthusiasm for ability.)

Aspects: I Can Get What You Need; Sometime Reluctant Magical Tutor

Old Blue Eyes

There's a stray cat that hangs out around the school. It's weird looking, and it limps when it walks. Jesse swears it can talk. James thinks she's crazy. The rumor is that it can grant wishes if you know how to call it. The other rumor is that it's some kind of demon that's searching for something it lost a long time ago...

Aspects: Make a wish any wish, Where is my precious?

The Moon Riders

They seem like ordinary folk. Your local butcher. The guy that runs the bar down the road. Maybe not that comic book store owner, but that dude in the corner reading the latest Preacher and hoping no one will notice. Ordinary folk (with a bit of a temper) leading ordinary lives.
But come the five days of the month when the moon is about to be full, and you will see them change. their mannerisms, their sense, their reactions. They start to band together, wearing those jackets with the moon on them. They would disappear for a few days on a 'work related incident' and come back looking like they've just been to the greatest live show of their lives. And the cycle will begin again.
They are the moon riders, a faction of lycanthropes with their roots in Kansas City. A pack that, although they prefer to keep out of trouble, cannot help it if trouble finds them. The current head of the Moon riders is a stone cold woman named Madeline Payne (Mad pain to her friends), and her second in command the local graveyard digger only known as Jeff. If you have a problem that you think they can solve, and you are willing to pay, you let them know, and it will be done. But do not cross them.
Notable people: The Bennett family, Madeline Payne, Jeff

Aspects: Mad Pain, Bark at the Moon

Daniel Gray

Daniel is the de facto leader for most of the Paranetters in the area, and is generally the guy to go to when you've got problems with the mystical, at least for most low grade practitioners. Gray likes to stick his nose into other people's issues and will pretty much always help out with a problem if asked. The man at least has the decency not to involve other Netters unless they volunteer, though he does occasionally pull in unrelated people just from causing incidents to roll out of control.

Aspects: "Your Problem is My Problem!"; Wannabe Wizard Detective

The Flock

Don't actually know if they have a formal name, but they're a group of avian shifters. Look mostly like adrenaline junkies, into extreme sports, with stuff twisted around a bit with their shifter powers. Jumping off a building while human and shifting in midair certainly sounds like the sort of thing some people would do. Their stunts do sound dangerous as hell, but probably exciting to a subset of a subset of people.

Aspects: SPORTS!, For the thrill

Rosedale Arch

Thresholds are a fundamental part of magic, delineating what is here from what is there. An arch is nothing but a grand doorway, a great threshold, inviting others to try and cross it. Here, the barrier is thin, and crossing isn't difficult--but who would dare? This monument stands for the dead of a hundred years of war, one can only imagine what lies on the other side.

Aspects: Monument for the dead, Nevernever crossing point

Overland Park Botanical Gardens

The gardens are a lovely environment to relax in. The innumerable varieties of plants and trees flourish and, especially in spring, bathe the place in colors. But aside from the normal community, it's also quite the popular spot for supernatural gatherings. Underneath the earth, the Gardens hold a leyline that branches off somewhere in the center, giving the place a vibrant energy. But to prevent a possible power struggle over the leyline, the local powers decided to get the place - all 300 acres of it - designated as Accorded Neutral Ground a century or two back (or, well, the area around the leyline, at least; the gardens came later), making it one of the largest of Grounds in the USA, if not the world.

Aspects: Large Accorded Neutral Grounds, Leylines fertilizing the land.

Mysterious Black Path

There's this awesome path that winds through almost the whole city! My master said it even went through other places called "suburbs" She was so smart. There's a stream along a lot of it and it goes through lots of parks! Lots of people walk on it and ride their bicycles. It is a very fun place. It also leads to lots of places that aren't like the rest of the city. I don't think most people realize all the places the path can lead to. Sometimes I have to bark really loudly to warn them from following branches that they shouldn't. Other times I have to run really fast to get away from things that live down those branches and I'm very careful to avoid certain bridges it goes under at night.

Aspects: The Scenic Route, Winds all over the city

The Abandoned Farm

On the outskirts of town lies an abandoned farm. Farmer after farmer have bought the plot for dirt cheap, hoping to turn themselves a tidy profit, but misfortune finds them sooner than later. Crops barely grow and livestock grow sick and weak. The last man to have owned the premises lost his entire stock of pigs to PEDv, even the older ones which was pretty unusual. After that, the federal government bought the land but hasn't done anything with the property. About all it is good for these days is hiding away junkies in the dilapidated barn or for those campers who want to camp but don't actually want to go into the scary wilderness. Some say the land is cursed and used to be an Indian burial ground, but there's been no evidence found to corroborate the story.

Aspects: Federal wasteland, Indian burial ground

Look, up in the air!

911 dispatchers in cities across the world are used to getting crank calls. It comes with the territory - bored kids, bitter exes, grandma forgot her pills and that her car wasn't stolen, she just let the family borrow it and also she has no business driving with lenses that thick anyways. Reports of UFO sightings are a little rarer, because people who believe in that stuff tend not to be people with a lot of trust for the authorities. Even so, a rash of calls about strange objects high in the sky didn't draw too much comment by the water coolers.

Then they started getting calls about skydiving accidents.

Nobody goes skydiving over a city.

It wasn't the usual crowd of troublemakers phoning them in, either. Normal folks in full possession of their faculties swore up and down that they'd seen people falling from the air, minus anything resembling a parachute. No squirrel suits, no gliders - just some dudes, the ground, and ten thousand feet of sky between them. They sent out ambulances and search teams, and and made ready to contact some coroners and some next-of-kin, but no bodies ever turned up. Dozens of reports, and nary a splatter. Cases started getting forwarded straight to the circular file.

The latest call, courtesy of one Mrs. Bellamie Wayland, didn't. She was one of the regulars; one of the people the dispatchers know by their number before they even pick up and do their best not to sound exasperated. She'd seen something those other drat fools hadn't, and she would not be denied her vindication, not until someone at least heard her out. You see, those folks up in the air hadn't been falling. No, not falling at all.

Any honest soul'd tell you plain as day that they'd been walking. Out in the open sky. Like they were standing atop a tower made of glass.

Aspects: Walking on Sunshine, Unidentified Flying Objects

Kansas City, Mortal Side

Spiritus Sancti
It’s in a bad part of town and it’s hard to get in—and there’s always those rumors…Listen, there’s places in KC where no one wants to be after dark. Even if you’re a no-good ne’er-do-well. Places where people go missing and all they ever find is a hand. Places where you feel like you’re getting watched. Places like that breed all kinds of crazy stories, and many of them start with a night at Spiritus Sancti.

Aspects: Hive of scum and villainy, Must've been something I drank...

The old ruined Murdock mansion.

On the outskirts of one of the richer parts of town is a old mansion. The family who owns the building had long ago moved on but kept hold of the building. Over time it was forgotten and fell into disrepair and dust. Becoming nothing more than a moment frozen in time. Its furniture still left where they lay. At the time rumours abound that a cold and brutal murder occurred inside, some said that it was a satanists cult sacrificing kidnapped victims, other said that the mother went mad and walled up her children. Regardless of the source all seem to agree that it's haunted. Most of these rumours are still propagated by thrill seeking students seeking to scare one another or the local goth/occultism community seeking a thematic place to hold their 'rituals' seeking to reach the other side. No one seems to have given consideration to the possibility that the rumours might actually be true. It might just be rats or squirrels but anyone who's stayed inside reports hearing scratching from inside the walls...

For the most part older teens use the place as a crash to ether have sex, scare each other shitless or get wasted. On top of that, the homeless use it to crash when they have no where else to sleep or get high. It's large enough that a couple of groups could be doing their own thing and not even know the others were there.

Aspects: Behind those walls..., Large and sprawling

Summerland Park Joint Stadium

One of the the city's prides and joys, the stadium is the place to go for community wars to play themselves out in a less bloodthirsty fashion. Whether you're uptown or downtown or Kansas or Missouri, when you're ready for some high school or even college football you come here to watch it live. Could all the money that went into the jumbotron been used elsewhere? Probably. Would the parent teacher association have liked a smaller, less prestigious high school sports stadium than the one across the state line? Probably not....

Aspects: Go Team!; Costs Approximately One Metric F***ton Dollars

Coach Gilbert Sullivan

As head coach and head operation officer of the (insert high school name here) Honey Badgers football program, Gilbert Sullivan is the final word on everything from field strategies to football boosters. He also does PR work for the team, and boy does he have his work cut out for him. Other teams might have the star running back be in a DUI or have a linesman caught doing coke lines off a teammate's back in the locker room. This team smashes another school's locker to pieces when the team loses in an away game, or the catcher literally howling at the moon to celebrate a touchdown. So Gilbert kinda has to be at least partially in the know...if only so he can try to filter things out when the local press asks about his team's anger management issues and such.

Aspects: Head of the Honey Badgers, Covers for his Players'...Conditions

Jesse and James

Jesse and James are Seniors. They are into everything that parents don't like. Tagging, petty theft, smoking, but nothing too dangerous. They pretty much know everyone in town and they're willing to trade for information. But they don't trade for cash. James will only trade information for information. Jesse is more into trinkets. Anything shiny will do. They're always in trouble, but they always manage to get out of it. But while they're usually together, they're more like frenemies than real friends. Always trying to one up each other, the easiest way to get one of them to help you is to say the other one wouldn't like it if you did.

Aspects: (Almost) Always together, We can hook you up, Blasting off again

Bennett Shooting Range
A good hours drive from the centre of town, the Shooting Range boasts a wide variety of weapons to really help make you feel the call for freedom, justice, and the American way. Run by local hottie and total badboy Charles Bennett after it was passed down to him by his father, it has gone from a small club of 50 people to boasting 300 true Americans every single day. There are rumours that there is an exclusive club called the Moon riders that tend to use it on 'know somebody who knows somebody in order to go' days, usually about once a month. But no one seems to know how to get in with the club, let alone get an invite too.
Amongst those who are a little more knowledgable in the world the Shooting Range is a great place to get supplies you may not be able to get anywhere in Kansas city. Charles keeps a good ear to the ground and if you can't find that gold plated stake you were looking for, he is sure to know someone who can get it to you within 1-2 weeks.
Notable people: The Bennett family, Charles Bennett (Owner), any NRA loving members of society

Aspects: 2nd Amendment is 1st, Freedom Justice and the American Way

Blessed Redeemer Church of Mercy

The church at which James attends and volunteers his time. BRCM offers a friendly face and open door to anyone in need. However, the church used to front as a Red Court safe-house. Vamps on the run or in need of a quick meal could find sanctuary with a generous helping of irony. However, with the destruction of the Red Court, and subsequent change of management to the aged Pastor Vern, Blessed Redeemer is slowly throwing off the ominous cloud of the Red Court's legacy. The beginnings of a real congregation are returning the church to proper hallowed ground.

Aspects: Former Red Court refuge, Redeeming themselves

Pawnshop Jimmy

Everybody knows Jimmy. He's been keeping the local pawnshop as long as anybody can remember. He's a little weird, and a little stingy, but most of the time he gives you a sensible offer on whatever it is you're selling. There's always rumours trying to explain his odd quirks, most of the time among the local youth, who are more given to imagination than others - though nobody knows exactly how much is true and how much is just idle speculation.

Aspects: Everyone knows Jimmy, Nobody knows why Jimmy act's that way.

The Sheepdogs

A secret brotherhood of cops (mostly K-9) who are clued into the supernatural. Lacking official sanction there's usually at least one member of the Sheepdogs assigned to any "weird" case and they do their best to keep the lid on when something goes bump in the night. They've done such a good job, that the KCPD have never put together a "Special Investigations" unit.

Aspects: K-9 Cops, Willingly takes the weird cases.

You Gotta Have Faith

You Gotta Have Faith is a tiny little bookshop located in a side street just off the main drag in Kansas city. The owner boasts of having a copy of every major religions holy book and two dozen more that you've never heard of. The shop though largely subsists as a front for an extensive mail-order business with the staff claiming they can supply a copy of any religious text at short notice anywhere in the United States. Want a copy of the King James Bible in Slovenian they can get it, Dianetics in Mongolian? three copies on the shelf. Achmed the I Just Get These Headaches Book of Humorous Cat Stories? Well,normally we wouldn't carry something like that but for a special customer like you we can probably find a copy. The shop has also been known to sell minor magical grimoires (often with the actual magic encoded in religious thought and practice) and the owner is said to pay good money for any unusual or unique texts that people have for sale.

Michelle is the owner/operator of You Gotta Have faith and is noted for being a devout follower of religion. The problem being that she'll follow pretty much any religion. One time you'll visit and she'll be a devout Sufist, the next Kabbalah, the time after that? Jehovah's witness. In Michelle's view all the religions are merely a conduit to bring an individual closer to god and the truth does not belong to any one religion but to them all. If you want information on every church,cult and movement in the mid-west for the last thirty years Michelles probably either heard of it, possesses a copy of it's holiest scripture or was a member herself and sometimes all three.

Aspects: Gotta Believe In Something, When did that get on the shelf?

(Actual picks coming soon)

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 3, 2014

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
:havlat:

Alright neighbors and friends, the moment you've all been waiting for. Picks.

But before that... Guys, I just wanna say you did not make this easy. 17 applications total, each one an interesting concept. Saw a lot of really neat stuff down there, stuff that people wouldn't expect to see in a Dresden game. And the City Creation stuff gives me a lot of interesting places to work with that I don't have to brainstorm later.

So, thank you for showing interest in this. You've made this Kansas boy happy.

To narrow down the picks, I assigned each character a Law, Neutral, or Chaos marker. Had a wide spread of morality in the characters, and I didn't want a party that would burn down the entire city in a week, but didn't want you all to be goody-goody two-shoes either. Gonna take two from each. So here we go.

The actual moment you've all been waiting for.

Peter Salt, played by Jay 2K Winger, the Pyromancer and Science Bitch.
Larry Armstrong, played by Davin Valkri, the White Court Virgin and Football Star.
Mari Midorikawa, played by Zandracon, the Owlwere and the Warden's Ward.
Heather Beaumont, played by Mistaya, the Normal Girl and Dreamer.
Shannon Burroughs, played by Thesaurasaurus, the Kid Detective and Honor's Student.
and Shu, played by LLSix, the Dog.

All of you, figure out how you all know each other. And someone please adopt Shu.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Krysmphoenix posted:

And someone please adopt Shu.

Please! :puppyeyes: Anytime in the past year works for me. Any longer than that and he'll be getting to be old for a dog.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Hah hah, alright, knew you needed some muscle for your shenanigans! Brofist, baby! :hfive:

If it's alright with Jay 2K Winger, I wanna say that Peter and Larry know each other as partners through chemistry lab. Maybe from Larry getting frustrated with all the gentle precision that test tubes require before Peter shows him what cool things can be done with it, like :supaburn:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Davin Valkri posted:

Hah hah, alright, knew you needed some muscle for your shenanigans! Brofist, baby! :hfive:

If it's alright with Jay 2K Winger, I wanna say that Peter and Larry know each other as partners through chemistry lab. Maybe from Larry getting frustrated with all the gentle precision that test tubes require before Peter shows him what cool things can be done with it, like :supaburn:

Yeah, I figured that'd be one of the ways in which Peter and Larry knew each other. "I didn't know science could do that." "Yup, just... get it wrong, and you can kiss your eyebrows good bye. And probably most of your face, too."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

LLSix posted:

Please! :puppyeyes: Anytime in the past year works for me. Any longer than that and he'll be getting to be old for a dog.

Heather would be more than happy to take Shu in, though you'll have to come up with some way to tell her your name is Shu or you're going to regret whatever she comes up with. Heather is responsible enough to take care of pets though. You will always have your food and water and get taken out on time, though she might be a bit lazy about walkies.

Krysmphoenix says we're not getting a thread till we finish our Friendship aspects.

krysmphoenix posted:

<mistaya> Krysmphoenix is the friendship aspect supposed to be one other person or the group
<~Krysmphoenix> It's how you see yourself in your group of friends
<~Krysmphoenix> A special relationship you may have with another party member
<~Krysmphoenix> Or your reputation among other people your age

With that in mind going with this for mine:

Pets Are Better Than People

Between the siblings, the housework, the yardwork, the homework, and trying to have some kind of teenage social life, Heather didn't think she'd ever have time for a pet. But she really wanted one. And a few months ago she sort of ended up with one. It wasn't on purpose. He really did just follow her home one day. And maybe she fed him once or twice. And started leaving a bowl out for him. And then gave him a bath with the hose because he was looking kinda dirty. And used her lunch money to buy treats for him. Eventually, Dad just handed her a brown leather collar and told her she might as well let him inside.

Heather tells her dog everything. He's better than a diary, because diaries can't lick your face and roll over for belly rubs. Having someone to love who is always happy to see her is a huge confidence boost for her. She draws pictures of him in her notes during class.

Now if only she could decide on a name...

Invoke: To be a huge animal lover, to take an animal's side in an argument, to 'get' animals
Compel: To get in trouble over an animal, to take risks to help animals in need

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Okay, this is just a temporary aspect. Jay 2K Winger, how's this look?

Friendship: Shared Fires Burn Brighter!

Larry used to have a lot of problems with chemistry, and not just the usual ones of having to sit through a boring lecture about covalent bonds to graduate and stuff. Let's be honest, an awful lot of high school chemistry involves fiddling with tiny things like atom balls and test tubes and pipettes and burettes for no apparent reason. He didn't do so hot on the hands on lab work...at least until he got assigned to be one Peter Salt's partner for an assignment.

He can't really find the words for it, but somehow something about the whole concept of chemistry just CLICKED right there. Maybe it was Peter's obvious enthusiasm, maybe it was his showing off just what you could do with ammonia and iodine salts, but all of a sudden Larry actually kinda liked chemistry! He's not going to trade in the football jersey for a lab coat, of course, but now he's interested in what Peter can pull out of his hat. And when people decide they want to pick on the "science bitch", he can always crack his knuckles to make them think twice.

It's a very synergistic relationship...much to the school's dismay.

Sample Invoke: Yo, Petey, bro, anybody ya need beaten up today?; learned this trick from a friend!
Sample Compel: Burn it, crush it, whoo-hoo, it's a party!; mutually reinforcing destructive tendencies

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 4, 2014

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Friendship: A Loyal Listener
I have a new master! Yay! She's the best human! I met her while she tracking one of the flower smellers (a summer sidhe) so I know she is very brave and very smart! The smartest! She even saw my name on my old and worn collar! Now she tells me all about her day and her problems and rubs my belly just right. I love her very much. Sometimes her family and friends tell me things too and I never tell anyone what they told me, because my master asked me not to. I am a good dog and always do what my master tells me. Mostly.
Invoke: Hearing things, Listening between the lines, Understanding motivations, help others feel better.
Compel: Have to keep a secret, Accidentally reveal a secret, used as a wailing wall

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Looks good, Davin.

I wonder how much the supernatural students of our group know about each other. Specifically, would Larry and Peter know about one another's talents? Does Larry know that Peter can "burninate" things? Does Peter know that Larry is an emotion-eating vampire-dude?

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Looks like Mari and Shannon are the last unresolved friendship-pair. Zandracon, would you have time to discuss this in IRC at any point today/tomorrow/before the weekend's through etc?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Looks good, Davin.

I wonder how much the supernatural students of our group know about each other. Specifically, would Larry and Peter know about one another's talents? Does Larry know that Peter can "burninate" things? Does Peter know that Larry is an emotion-eating vampire-dude?

You all know what each other are. Everyone knows Peter makes fire, Larry gets mad, Mari's an owl, and Shu is a dog.

It keeps things simple this way. None of you have deep-dark secrets to really hide.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Looking over the city creation again I just realized--Team Rocket is in town! Prepare for trouble! Mistaya, you wonderful little :cheeky:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

All right, how's this for a Friendship aspect?

Friendship: Being Weird, Being Awesome
The "weird kids" tend to stick together; it's a fact of school sociological flows. Whether or not they share common interests, they recognize a kinship or familiarity in others and they gravitate to one another, for strength in numbers, if nothing else. Peter, as the science nerd, ended up among their number. Mari was socially awkward, and Peter could relate to that. Heather was a geek, just like him. Shannon was little miss private investigator, and that clicked with Peter's "myth-busting" dreams. Larry was... well, handy to have around because he was big and looked mean, and besides, he liked the "cool stuff" Peter could do with chemistry. And Heather had that cute little dog...

Things were tough for Peter after the Chem Mod fire, but when he got together with them during the summer, it all came pouring out. And they accepted it. They were freaked out, but they accepted it. And then it turned out that some of his friends were weird in their own ways. If anything, their friendship just got stronger, instead of fracturing like Peter feared it would. Peter knows he's got friends for life, and like they stood by his side, he'll stand by theirs.

Invoke: Friends through thick and thin; Being weird is awesome
Compel: Social outcasts are still social outcasts; Being awesome is weird

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Zandracon, still waiting on your Friendship Aspect. Mistaya's at a convention for the weekend so I'll try to have the thread up around the time she gets back.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Krsymphoenix posted up the game thread. It is here.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

LLSix posted:

Krsymphoenix posted up the game thread. It is here.

:doh: Can't believe I forgot to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Hey, where'd the rest of the defensive line run off to?

• Locked thread