Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If Truck races fire, then Nationwide races normally fire. Unless the Nationwide cars are at some stupid track and the C class are at a 1.5 miler.

ManicJason posted:

NASCAR trucks - C class - oval - fixed setup. Example race. This is the point at oval racing where races still run every two hours for most of the day, but going any higher into B or A series means you have to race at one specific time per weeknight or on the weekends. These trucks run a good mix of speedways and short tracks and are the first place you'll see yellow flags and tire pit stops. Truck races run every two hours and alternate hours with the IndyCar oval series below.

It should be also said that if you like NASCAR this is the best NASCAR game around. The other most popular series is the iRacing NASCAR series which runs in sync with the real-life schedule offering 50% races normally a half a dozen times a week. If you wanna sit down and race stock cars against 29 other dudes for two hours on a Saturday night this is the place to do it. Upside is if you can keep it clean you'll probably run caution free after all the idiots wreck on lap 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What are you FFB settings in Logitech Profiler?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

That's what I've used and had no problems with.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah driving Charlotte right after feels soooo smooooth

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did you get like a million SR?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Morning: Renews iracing sub.

Afternoon: iRacing sends a 3 for 1 month sub offer.

Me: :suicide:

edit: It expires a week after my sub is due to expire. :getin: God bless only doing it a month at a time. :radcat:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lockmart Lawndart posted:

It appears we've crashed before we've even started, the join timer is stuck on 00:00

Yup! I wanted to qualify my truck!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah should the Indy race have started so you can only do both if you retire early?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dsriggs posted:

Welp. The other race is at 3am my time, so that's a bunch of wasted time, then.

:( drat that sucks. You going to do the 730pm 600 instead?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kilonum posted:

what time (EDT) is the next 600?

I think in roughly 8 hours for Aussies, then there is one for Euros six hours after that.

But then there is an open one this time tomorrow I think.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mordieth posted:

they seem to have a half price for new users promo going, its pretty close though. think I'm gonna try that out

Do it! The thread is fill with people bitching but it's still really fun. :3:

tater_salad posted:

If you wouldn't mind using me for a referral email I'd appreciate.
Scrod21 at the Google mail.

Games > iRacing: brother can you spare a referral?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Slickdrac posted:

Great music choice. This makes me want to get the SASCAR league going again.

Do it! And do it on Saturday so I can race.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I got protested by one dude because I "ran bellow the white line and you can't do that and also I can't drive because I'm Asian and I don't own a car and don't race in trucks because I ruin it for the people who actually wan to race."

Of course I was the guy with the blue stripes on my bumper but :shrug:

edit: Obviously nothing came of it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

KingShibby posted:

If you run below the white line going into a corner (aka Charlotte) and inevitably take out someone in the corner because you can't hold it below the line (it's impossible I know), that's not right. I was taken out during Star Mazda oval week at Charlotte by someone doing that. I was leading the race and some idiot thought he could pass me below the white line and I'd just give him room in the corner to pass me :iiam:

Man that sucks. No it wasn't that, an old timer ran over me on the front straight and then claimed "I was below the white line" or something. And I was like "Yes I was, because when I saw you were going to hit me I had to get out of the way, but you still hit me!" and then he was like "cornsarnit dang nabbit you you can't go beneath the cotton' pickin' white line" or whatever. It was one of those crazies you get in bottom split trucks when there are only two splits and you get lumped in with the weirdos.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I won races on a gamepad. :smug:

Although, doing so in anything more powerful than a Truck was tough.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

oses posted:

What do you guys do when people are lagging super hard? I've had three races in a row where someone is lagging unbearably bad to the point where this last race I was on the high side at Charlotte oval and somehow I got turned by someone who was on the low line. No contact on my screen, but of course a 4x and it spun me around. I wish I could protest these guys for having 900+ ping.

How about checking your geo-privilege?

Unless the guy is in the US or something and trying to play on a copper line I'd just chill, sometimes the servers group people in a way that shafts certain regions at certain times of day.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You can get it if enough Euro players are online to force a Euro server with Au players on it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
3 months for five dollars right? But they may have to email you the code I'm not sure.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah otherwise I'd have to actually do NASCAR A races and gently caress that when I can go truuuuckkkkiiinnnn'' :pcgaming:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's also cheaper because they recycle tracks a bunch.

I do enjoy the B cars. A cars is where its more driving the car than racing the car if you know what I mean, and also particpation is less and if I'm going to drive A I'm going to drive the half-distance races on weekends and gain crazy SR.

edit: Also when participation is high in trucks, you're either going to be winning or close enough to the front to learn something. Not like 1 race going official in A, with 5 aliens and 5 scrubs and you're in the middle. Also B is great for fooling with the setups in open. :3:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Aug 17, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Crapulus posted:

Don't knock the DF GT, it's what I'm still using. Too many other things to spend money on, drat you real world.

Yeah you'll be surprised how good it is. Maybe it's because I'm older and remember when entry level poo poo was actual poo poo, instead these DF GTs and Thrustmaster 3D joysticks they make are pretty good for what you pay, all things considered.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

dsriggs posted:

Discuss.

I've been busy, what cars are they using? I might have to give it a go.

edit: Spun leading the field to the green on a restart. Kill me now :suicide:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Aug 30, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

simble posted:

Yep. Car owns. Track owns. Everything owns.

In other news, I did a two of four split truck race last night that I had no business being in. Didn't die! So that's a win. The truck at Charlotte is pretty fun too. I just have no idea how to go side by side in the corners without killing myself.

Yeah it's tough! But you'll get used to it. Just remember the saying "pass in the straights" and you'll be fine. Well, you pass other people in the straights and keep an eye in case you get dive bombed in the corners. Really, it's just about getting wheel time and knowing how other people think and make sure you can accommodate other people.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

:staredog:

I can't wait to do endurance goon teams!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

invision posted:

How To Get Out Of Rookies:

Start from the pits
go fast, turn left (sometimes right?)
let everyone pass you and give them room
don't run in to other idiots.

Went from low 2's to getting my D license in like 3 races doing this.

Of course qualifying on pole and lead every lap works aswell, even at USA international.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Torabi posted:

I just won my first race ever!
It was a mazda road race of all things too. I suck at road racing but the others sucked more. I finished 32 seconds ahead of the next guy. 6 out of 10 cars disconnected during the race but I don't care, I still won. :v:

The win isn't showing up in my road racing stats though, so maybe it doesn't count?

I don't race road courses, so my irating is in the trash.

Come week 13 I'm in the bottom split, and I kill everyone.

Doesn't stop me coming in here bragging about it :whatup:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The best RutgersKev video is the one where he's racing at Kansas I think and explains how he was clerking for the judge that decided a case that resulted in there being two NASCAR races or something and it's actually indirectly his fault.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It'll be even funnerer with the team racing! :haw:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Digital Extreme Racing Performance.

Or, DERP for short.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you want to race Trucks, the hot tracks seem to be Texas, Vegas, Fontana, Bristol, Daytona etc.

Ironically, in Trucks the 1.5ers are really great to race on and all race differently.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God I love week 13. Dudes blocking like crazy, backmarkers racing people who are lapping them. Really the best :allears:

edit: Bottom split race win is still a race win. :whatup: Although it doesn't feel good when the closest they get to you is the pace lap.

edit: ahahaha it was full of rookies no wonder it was so anti climactic.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 26, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Team Nationwide and Team Truck.

:getin:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The B races are like 167 laps long at Texas. That's... not a race you want your team mate to wreck out on on lap 5...

edit: Seem to be open setup too, which is good because they spread out more and even a tiny bit of setup knowledge will get you enough speed out of the box to leave the people using default in the dust.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 28, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I won a road race.

It wasn't bottom split.

:staredog:

My road iRating is higher than my oval rating.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
No chance of changing to a car that is actually half decent on ovals? I seem to recall races conducted entirely under caution last time we tried this.

edit: I mean, I'll be there regardless.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 8, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

On this fine winter's eve I learned that sitting for 11 minutes of optional repairs will still not make your car drivable.

Best one is the stockcar thing where they can't clear your radiator so you just drive around for 20 laps until it blows.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

It's in race units.

I blew a twelve unit lead the other day.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

OhsH posted:

whats the conversion ratio of oval race units to road race units these days?

It was at lime rock, so that's pretty much the same thing right?

It must have been the greatest moment in that guy's life, something like the six guys in front of him all fell off the track. At least I finished 2nd so I still ground out irating and safety rating.

I think that's the hardest thing transitioning from Ovals to road courses - just hitting your spots lap after lap when there is no pressure. I've found on ovals there isn't enough time to go "gee... what a big lead..." and let your concentration lapse.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
No what happens is a track is added to the Skippy season and stays "in rotation" for a couple of seasons, and after three or howmany seasons it's phased out for another. That means you're not constantly buying new tracks and the outlay each new season is minimal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone actually gotten into a team race yet? When ever I looked none of the Truck Oval races even fired!

• Locked thread