Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Anarchs! You have a thread here

Camarilla! Continue to work on that prologue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Two presents for team Camarilla today.

First of all, Camarilla movers and shakers (filtered through rumors, of course):

Arlen Gustavus is the Prince of Rochester. Though, if you ask the Anarchs or the Sabbat, they'll tell him he's just some puffed up rear end in a top hat. And if you ask a lot of the Camarilla, he's a puppet to the Primogen council. Still not wise to say it to his face though, as Arlen is a Tremere of no small skill, and a Salubri besides. He does allow the council to the the lead in night-to-night affairs, however.

Salome Lendl is the Salubri Primogen, and a powerful blood sorceress. She is whispered to be the power behind the throne, the true ruler of the Camarilla of Rochester, and she doesn't do much to dissuade other Kindred of that notion. Known to be a firebrand and zealot, she advocates nothing less than the extermination of all unrepentant vampires, whether they belong to the Sabbat or not.

James Preston Lusk is the Ventrue Primogen, and a powerful figure in the local Invictus. While the majority of the Primogen Council got there by virtue of being members of House Tremere, Lusk got there on his own, without any blood sorcery, which should say something about how influential he can be. He has his obvious disagreements with the Tremere, but he continues to funnel resources into their little war, regardless.

Grandmother Atropos is the Nosferatu Primogen. Also called the Wicked Witch, she earned her nickname through her mastery of Thaumaturgy as well as through her vicious efficiency. Used to be the Sheriff of Syracuse before she was promoted and moved to Rochester - she has, for whatever reason, toned down her tendency to torture and kill those who displease her.

Karina Adelaide, the Gangrel Primogen, is an old coterie-mate of the Prince. She isn't a Tremere herself, and it's rumored she got the position through her connections with Gustavus. She's a bit younger than the other Primogen, as well, so a lot of people see her as a relatively weak choice, but no other Gangrel seem to want to try and take the job from her.

Ignatius Schmidt is the Tzimisce Primogen, and if that seems odd, it makes sense that he hasn't had the position for very long. While he's never claimed to be Sabbat, a number of Fiends left the Sword and joined the Tower - which meant the seat needed to be created. A member of the Ordo Dracul, Schmidt encourages the majority of Camarilla Tzimisce to join the Dragons as well, given their tendencies to experiment on themselves and others. Schmidt is a moderate, as opposed to Primogen Lendl - and he would much rather encourage members of the Sabbat to abandon that Sect than kill them all.

Cyril is the Malkavian Primogen. No one is really sure why, since he seems to have something approximating Senile Dementia. He's a member of the Giovanni Family too, so none of the other Primogen are especially fond of him. Still, the Malkavians of Rochester don't seem keen on taking the position away from him for whatever reason, so there he sits, bumbling his way through his Requiem.

Miranda Salvatori is the Daeva Primogen. She's a Tremere, and she's the youngest of the Primogen in Rochester, also the youngest Warlock to be of any real consequence. It's common knowledge that she's thirsty for anything that would move her out of the shadows of the other Primogen in the city.

The Sheriff is a Cappadocian by the name of Estelle. It's rumored that she's a convert from the Sabbat, though no one is really sure if that's true, or if she claims membership with any Covenant. What young Kindred do know about her is not to gently caress up and let her hear about it, because she's sufficiently powerful enough to come at you when you least expect it - in your Haven during the day, for instance. Thankfully, it's also known she's plenty busy on a nightly basis, hunting down Sabbat, and will generally let minor infractions slide for the sake of convenience.

Secondly, you drat dirty Cammies have a thread! Post away!

Oh and I forgot and epicurius reminded me - all the Camarilla kids get a free dot in Status (Camarilla) as well. Sorry I forgot.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 13, 2014

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
A couple of things: First of all, I've added a (highly stereotypical and sure to have a ton of exceptions for Rochester) census of the clans by the numbers of each sect in the second post of each IC thread.

Secondly, there's a Sabbat recruitment thread, as the days of the forum being offline requires me to appease my need to run elfgames about vampires with a greater sacrifice of my sanity. Tell your kids, tell your wives, feel free to apply if you want to, though I can't promise I will necessarily pick you out of other people (since you've already got a PC in my world and all).

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
Meanwhile, Team Anarch just found Leo's OKCupid account.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Heya guys may not be able to post too regularly as it turns out the holiday home I am staying in has no internet, am presently phone posting from my cousins phone but will try and make some sort of contribution over the week, thank you!

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Oh no, not Big Jim! He had such a cool name. I guess we can hope there's some other reason for Amber's reading, something other than him being a horrible undead monster that's not a vampire.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
There are a number of potential causes to smell like death - none of them are good though.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Worser, can you clarify if you this guy is Big Jim or not? It's not clear from the text whether it's something possessing Big Jim, or just another big guy Amber thought was Jim.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
Do I need to roll for frenzy? Amber's down to 4BP and a bunch of guys just got splatted in front of her, and I only realised on re-reading that "viscera" includes blood. :downs:

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Valhawk - it is not Big Jim.

Zephonith - You did not frenzy despite your hunger, so good on you. (I rolled for it)

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010
FYI. I am mega sick. Posting gonna be sporadic for the next few days.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
get well soon!

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Hope you feel better Warsmith.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Being sick sucks. Take all the time you need.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
So, a new trait people seem to want to consider, given the multitudes of Status and leading to a question of "why do I want/need all these statuses?"

We'll call it Local Influence. This is a derived trait, you won't put points into it directly. Instead, it is going to be a combination of things:

Your City Status will convert on a 1:1 ratio (every point in city status is a point in Influence).

Your Sect/Covenant/Clan statuses will convert on a 2:1 ratio (maybe 3:1 if everything looks too big) (every other point in those statuses is a point in Influence.

Influence can be rolled to get stuff or do things if needed, even if the composed merits would not apply in that situation (for example: if the Prince wanted to get something from a Sabbat Pack, he could roll his Influence rather than his Camarilla Status to see something get done, though probably indirectly)

This is what we call a rule in the "early alpha" phase. I haven't decided if it's got good numbers yet. But I will take a look. Chime in with any thoughts.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Sounds good to me!

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

And idea what to do if we can't get a few more to join the Sabbat game? I'm still terribly interested in playing, but alas, if it wasn't meant to be...

I mean, it did seem like it was going to be a lot of work to make a character when I was scrolling through everything, but then, you know, it wasn't.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
I know there's a few more people interested, so we'll give them some more time.

If not, well, I'll work something out. I do definitely want your character to be a part of stuff (and you as well, obviously).

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Well if there aren't enough people could the apps be adapted for one of the two other sects. The ones from people not already playing in one of the two existing games that is.

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010
So, are the weird spooky special rules described at the beginning of the scene still in effect? I don't see what they would do now.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's likely those rules won't matter after my next post. But that will have to wait until later today!

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Team Anarch Beat Tracker:
pre:
Night 1 	- 	9 beats
Night 2 	- 	12 beats
Night 3 	- 	8 beats
======================================================
Total			29 beats
------------------------------------------------------
XP per player		1 XP
Beats still in pool	9 beats		

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ok, I've put a post up (for the anarchs, still waiting for the Cam kids to stop chatting), but, fyi, going to be out of town this weekend, so, keep talking to each other if you're in a position to do so. I'll be back sunday evening, most likely.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
You have fun!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Hey guys, sorry for the late replies recently, been having a huge poo poo tonne of problems at my end at the moment. Will try and up my game soon, but sorry again.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
First of all: No problem Josef, take your time!

Secondly: I am back. However my phone irc client is misbehaving badly and I'm at work, so, I won't be directly available until later. 'Til then, PM me or post here.

Thirdly: There's an Anarch post. Cam kids - if you want to move the scene forward, let me know and I'll send you all to the morgue!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm ready to move on.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Sure, let's do it

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just quick checking to see if Bouquet had anything else for Loren to do at Elysium before trucking out to the morgue.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Nope, let's morgue!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Heya guys, just as a quick thing, but am I the only one who cannot see the last post in the Camarilla thread?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
No, the forums crashed and it got eaten apparently, I'm trying to recover it but no such luck yet. I'll probably have to re-write it again today...sigh...

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I was having the same problem last night, and kept hoping it would fix itself.

Sorry to hear that Life Got Worser instead :(

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
War, where's our basement chat? I can clean and post it in the morning after work if you're too busy, it just won't look as pretty as your stuff does.

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010
Ugh. I am sorry guys, I have been mega busy and not getting much sleep. A pretty significant post needs to follow up the basement chat and I haven't been in the headspace to write it. I'll get it up as soon as I am, I know I'm holding up the game.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I figured it was something like that. :)

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
So I had a plan to update stuff today but apparently (since I'm still at work and haven't seen it first hand) my house was broken into today, so uhm, I might be a bit incommunicado depending on what happened. My apologies.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Ya, don't worry about being slow to post. Take care of your personal stuff first.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Holy cow, hope everything is alright! Absolutely no hurry. Real life comes first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Look, Amber just needed some new clothes okay?

(Sorry to hear it. I hope everything's okay.)

• Locked thread