Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheJoker138 posted:

He was dedicated to his character, but I can't remember any classic matches he ever had.

I legit sat and thought for a sec and yea, no match memories all promos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I don't think Bray is a hell of a worker either, but I think it's laughable to say Bo is better.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fatherdog posted:

Erik Rowan is probably better in the ring than Bo.

Bo may have been in the safest ladder match possible but I think Rowan would die in any ladder match.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I legit sat and thought for a sec and yea, no match memories all promos.

Actually, I remember quite enjoying Legion of Doom vs. Money Inc. at Summerslam '92. That was a nifty tag. You can't do an R&R/Midnights formula tag with The Roadies as the faces since neither can be face in peril. They came up with something else that worked.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sprecherscrow posted:

Actually, I remember quite enjoying Legion of Doom vs. Money Inc. at Summerslam '92. That was a nifty tag. You can't do an R&R/Midnights formula tag with The Roadies as the faces since neither can be face in peril. They came up with something else that worked.

I'll look that one up, that does sound fun.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
I had seen Bo on NXT, but when I watched his Smackdown match, I noticed that his running clothesline looks exactly like Bray's. The way they launch, the lunge, everything. The only difference seems to be 30 pounds of gut (that don't slow Bray in the slightest).

Maybe it's the way Kevin Dunn shoots those moves, but it really stood out to me.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Bo may have been in the safest ladder match possible but I think Rowan would die in any ladder match.

Rowan always looks incredibly awkward and clumsy on offense, but he sells really well (which is rare for a big man) against just about everybody he wrestles, which has included Rey Mysterio, so I think he'd be better in a ladder match than you'd assume.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I just want a spot where someone ties Rowan and Harper's beards together.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Please don't give Cena any ideas.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fatherdog posted:

Erik Rowan is probably better in the ring than Bo.

That's why they call him Mr. Workrate :iamafag:

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm still waiting for the blowoff to that Rowan / Mysterio feud

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'm still waiting for the blowoff to that Rowan / Mysterio feud

We're all still waiting for Rey 2000 to be completed.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if the rest of the online wrestling community had this kind of Bo Dallas pros and cons debate this week.

You guys are all the best. :allears:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Bo Dallas

Cons: hair too long, his mouth is really big, he looks like his sister
Bos: putting the word Bo in things

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

how do I filter all instances B* D***** from posts when I click on this thread or any other on this forum, don't want to see him on my screen or any mention of him. Is there a browser add-on I could use?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Bo Dallas

Cons: hair too long, his mouth is really big, he looks like his sister
Bos: putting the word Bo in things

You forgot the Bo that all WWE superstars (except one) have as a freebie. "Is not The Miz".

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

masato tatanka posted:

how do I filter all instances B* D***** from posts when I click on this thread or any other on this forum, don't want to see him on my screen or any mention of him. Is there a browser add-on I could use?

Mods, please change the PSP stylesheet to nothing but various images of Bo Dallas.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

masato tatanka posted:

Don't worry, I give it two weeks before Hulkamatt/fatherdog adds any and all Bo-related puns to the vinceflex probation list.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

masato tatanka posted:

It's real dumb, there was a week long conversation about giving bo the belt, it may still be going on. Real dumb but the current product doesn't dictate much more, clearly.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

I don't mind people talking about him, I'd just rather not see it. Once he starts appearing on Raw I'm just turning it off when he comes on.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

masato tatanka posted:

I don't mind people talking about him, I'd just rather not see it. Once he starts appearing on Raw I'm just turning it off when he comes on.

I'm working on a vBulletin trigger warning system, don't worry.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

he's such an effective heel character! *switches channel*

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Burt Buckle posted:

I don't think Bo will be able to get over. This heel who thinks he's a face might work with super tiny smarky crowds like NXT, but I don't see it working on the big stage.

edit:beaten, nevermind.

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 08:45 on May 26, 2014

DingoSlasher
Jul 25, 2013

It's a day job.
When was the last time someones debut caused this much of a tantrum.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

TheJoker138 posted:

He was dedicated to his character, but I can't remember any classic matches he ever had.

Think of the time period.

There really weren't classic matches in IRS's day with the exception of occasional Bret or Shawn matches where they were against someone not horrible in the ring. The WWF wrestling product was drizzling poo poo until the main events of the attitude era. Any time before that and they'd literally only have 1 or 2 good in ring workers on the roster.

I went on a recent OSW Review kick through all the Hulkamania era. WWF during the time period IRS was wrestling had horrible wrestling.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

DingoSlasher posted:

When was the last time someones debut caused this much of a tantrum.

When Tensai showed up and was godawful. But even Albert doesn't look like an Anunnaki space lizard. A Bear from Castro street maybe, but not some shapeshifting David Icke alien.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

God Of Paradise posted:

Think of the time period.

There really weren't classic matches in IRS's day with the exception of occasional Bret or Shawn matches where they were against someone not horrible in the ring. The WWF wrestling product was drizzling poo poo until the main events of the attitude era. Any time before that and they'd literally only have 1 or 2 good in ring workers on the roster.

I went on a recent OSW Review kick through all the Hulkamania era. WWF during the time period IRS was wrestling had horrible wrestling.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that nothing he ever did stands out in my memory. He was not one of those 1 or 2 good in ring workers, at least not to the point where I can name a single match of his I remember.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that nothing he ever did stands out in my memory. He was not one of those 1 or 2 good in ring workers, at least not to the point where I can name a single match of his I remember.

Yeah, he sucked. But everything in the WWF sucked. Everything sucked so hard that sucking as bad as a Handi-Vac food sealer was so much better than sucking as bad as a Pullman AS5 industrial vacuum cleaner or a black hole.

So, he played a sucky stupid character who couldn't wrestle in a federation of sucky stupid characters who couldn't wrestle. He was just better than most at portraying his stupid sucky character. Like The Honkey Tonk man. Can't be remembered as anything but an mildly amusing pop-culture reference, but at least he's remembered.

The funniest part of that time period is the WWF having Ric Flair, who was freaking awesome in the ring and on the mic, and relegating him to dark matches and run ins. I mean, who is he? He's no Sid Justice.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Dirtsheets are saying that Steen might be on Tough Enough. :lol:

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

The show that Austin Aries couldn't even get on? Take that, TNA!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Kinda hope there's a zoo-themed episode, now.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Steen kind of has Bill Demott's body type, so I look forward to Demott calling him fat.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

masato tatanka posted:

There's a browser plugin/extension called Ponify that changes any word to another word in its settings, so if you really wanted you could change "Bo Dallas" to a single space or filter it out entirely.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Tough Enough is coming back? :swoon:

I assume it'll be the "Steve Austin reacts to things" version?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jerusalem posted:

Do we know if Austin's even a part of it? He might well be busy with his own projects.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Jerusalem posted:

Awww yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlYIl55WRzc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmRurR1AESU

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Haha if Steen is on tough enough it's only going to be to win. He will dominate all those stupid games they play. He'd actually come out of it with a tough m'fer gimmick and it would work. Hell they might just be running Tough Enough to build Steen lol.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I can't wait for Steen to not get gassed, win all the games, outshine everyone else and then get kicked out in the third round for being fat.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DEAR RICHARD posted:

What dirtsheet?

I've only seen it on newzsites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

rovert posted: